I'm done.

KennyKenCan

Commander
Re: I'm done.

The only thing that floats my boat, is water!<br /><br />All else, don't matter!<br /><br />Now, who's got the bait?

pjc

Lieutenant Commander

yea, the venom here of late can be annoying. I do attribute that to trolls that can and do stir the pot. Seems that most of the trolls are new members. Seems as well that these new members intentions are purely to pot stir.<br /><br />Some of my posts can be frivolous. Some are serious, in my opinion anyway.<br /><br />Anyhow, thanks for your sharing the Skanky Beast project JJ.

11 footer

Lieutenant

Come on Ryan, can't you post one time without calling someone names? gezzzzz.
I guess not.<br /><br />The only reason I come to DC is so I can sometimes catch a post from a few people, like Jason and a few others who's posts I enjoy reading. I haven't read a DC joke or C&P in almost a year.

oddjob

Commander

Cabin fever again this year. :confused: ...I dont miss those days...I wish I could cheer you up Jason. Dont take it personal Jason and I wont be upset about the comment you made about Rush and all us Ditto Heads. :) I enjoy most all your posts in the technical boards and I respect your opinion here though I may not always agree with it. Regardless of whether I agree with your insight or not I think your good people. PS (for the record)I am probably not a good christian, but I can fake it if I need to. :)

rogerwa

Commander

Hey don't throw out the baby with the bathwater.. I think everyone says something at some time that they wish they could take back. I think that happens here a lot. Who knows I may be guilty of that, I know I am in real life..<br /><br />I have to admit that I am a catholic conservative. Good or bad, whatever you happen to feel. I can honestly say I don't think I would read much on here if the majority had the same beliefs as woodrat (no insult intended, just a different view). I am not open to changing my opinion and hearing about belief systems that I don't agree with simply is not that enjoyable.<br /><br />I just simply cannot take anything on here that seriously. If someone flames me, that is more a reflection on them than me. I am what I am and I am happy with that. <br /><br />If you don't enjoy it, don't visit. But I think the 2000+ post says you do get something out this place. Maybe not DC. Do what you need to do.

BoatBuoy

Rear Admiral

This thread has turned controversial and SBN, you have posted 5 times to it. You're doin' more trollin' than theriver.

SpinnerBait_Nut

Honorary Moderator Emeritus

Originally posted by BoatBuoy:<br /> This thread has turned controversial and SBN, you have posted 5 times to it. You're doin' more trollin' than theriver.
How you figure there BB?<br />Not calling anyone names and just saying how it is does not constitute a troll by a long shot.<br />Posting X amount of times does not make it so either.<br /><br />Anyway, Jason, just get you some of these and you will think everything else here in the DC area is a piece of cake.<br />_______________________________________________<br />Date: Sun, 26 Dec 2004 15:35:41 -0800 (PST) <br />From: "iboats one" <iboats1@yahoo.com> Add to Address Book <br />Subject: iboats <br />To: grizzlybear310@yahoo.com <br /><br /> <br />You are still at it. Dun't you know that the people and the mods don't want you there you moron. Does somebody need to slap you in the face to let you know. stupid **** anyway.<br />Nobody cares for your stupid jokes. please do everyone there a favor and quite coming there.get a life and leave iboats alone dumbass<br /><br /><br />--------------------------------------------------------------------------------<br />Do you Yahoo!?<br />Send holiday email and support a worthy cause. Do good. <br />________________________________________________<br />Now it don't take a real smart person to know where these come from, but you can't prove it, so I just delete them and go on.<br />I refuse to sink to their level of name calling and flaming other members of this board.

spratt

Lieutenant

I am pretty new to these frums, been a member of a couple others over the years, but they never had a section like this...so, the term "TROLL" was absolutely new to me until aboit a couple weeks ago...I understand now what it means, and I believe I have been labelled that myself. Yeah, I know I was posting some pretty serious things about religion, but THAT is my LIFE, and there is nothing else that really matters, in the end, for me anyway. I have some pretty hard core beliefs that I learned most here do not share. So, I have decided that I plan on not posting to that level anymore. But there is no way that I plan on letting someone's e-words hurt my pride and self-conciousness so that I will run off like a dog with it's tail between legs because someone called me a name...hey, we can all read (I hope) and can see what these folks post...but as was said before, if you don't want to read it, ignore it, don't follow that thread anymore, get away from it and go to another one...there has to be something that you will enjoy talking about.<br /><br />If you can't have fun teasing around with NYM, or OMC, or SBN or anyone else, then get away...this is the most addictive fun I ever had without knowing who I was joking with!!! Or replying to about my faith, or anything else I say...didn't you notice how I got flamed about my encounter at WalMart??? Believe it or not, I actually learned from that after seeing other folks perspective...and I corrected the situation. This is no place for children or the weak of heart...if you can't take the heat, get out of the kitchen...

eeboater

Commander

WOW SBN -- I can't believe someone sent that to you!!<br /><br />Sean

SpinnerBait_Nut

Originally posted by eeboater:<br /> WOW SBN -- I can't believe someone sent that to you!!<br /><br />Sean
Sean, this ain't the first one I havd got and I'm sure it ain't the last one.<br />Just like rain off a ducks back to me anymore.<br />When I first got them I let it get to me for about 2 minutes and then I read them again and kinda figured who was sending them and then took it from it's source and let them go.<br /><br />Like I said, no way to prove where they are coming from, but they know that I know and that is all that matters.

gonfishn

Commander

Since when does 5 post considered to be trolling BB...Do you even know what you are talkn about..Son you better get some more posts under you belt before you start sliding on a very respectful iboat member here..<br /><br />Hang around Jason,this place is to addictive not to stay around..Heck winter has just started wait til some of us really get cranky..Just wait til LadyFish gets in one of her moods..<br /><br />Hmmm..Your right Spinner If you read carefully the one who posted on this thread is the one who has been sending you those emails..I got er narrowed down to about three now..Who ever it is its just a matter of time before we find out who you are..<br /><br />Thanks I needed that..Gettn close to my gand opening and I needed to vent some. Ain't life great..No offense BB but play nice or your going to have alot of ridgerunners all over you back side from down here..

crab bait

Captain

I'M JEALOUS ,,SPINNER.. you get all the love letters..<br /><br />someone actually took the time an sat down an wrote you a e-mail.. !!<br /><br />whats' next 'spinner groupies'.. !!

SpinnerBait_Nut

Originally posted by crab bait:<br /> I'M JEALOUS ,,SPINNER.. you get all the love letters..<br /><br />someone actually took the time an sat down an wrote you a e-mail.. !!<br /><br />whats' next 'spinner groupies'.. !!
Hey cb, I get about 1 a week. That is one of the tamer ones. Like I said, I just read and delete and then set back and have a good laugh at them. :)

SoulWinner

Commander

Spinner, I can NOT believe that you got that mail.. Amazing. You are one of the greatest online buddies I have ever met, how anybody could be so vitriolic towards you is a total mystery to me......(Ok, no it isn't, since I know who sent it....doh!).<br /><br />Seriously though, I surprised I haven't recieved any hate mail from either. I guess I'm just not as important as you.<br /><br />The weird thing about this whole is this: It is about Jason being ticked at me for my responce to a flame, NOT the flame, or the flamer, but me. I am sorry, but I don't get it? Haven't you guys heard? Christians aren't perfect, just forgiven. So I have been in bar fights and arrested many times, and I happen to be doing the best I can for God too. Give me a break.

nothreat

Petty Officer 2nd Class

I am new to posting on this board. Been lurking and reading posts for months, but couldn't log in. Finally found out it was because I was using Firefox. I have come to know many of you through your posts and enjoyed each and every one. The opinions, though strongly held sometimes, are just that - opinions. Everybody has them and that is the beauty of a place like this. I have learned so much about boats, fishing, politics, religon, and your families. I read everyday and look forward to it. I used this board to help make my decision on the election. Your thoughts give me different perspectives to consider. Each person brings something to this and it wouldn't be the same without all of you. I belong to a motorcycle forum and we have the same thing go on. Somebody says something somebody disagrees with and sometimes people get mad and leave. It leaves a hole and we all lose. So, if you get angry at a post, walk away - but come back. That we all win.

tylerin

Commander

Hollie Smokes Spinner, hoo dew yu theenk cent yu thoos e-males. ;)