I'm done.

SoulWinner

Commander
Re: I'm done.

By The way. What you see here is who I am. My personality has served my ministry well. I don't preach to Sunday School classes, I don't preach to the Choir. I share my faith with construction workers, framing crews, dirt work laborers, etc. Rough men and women who never hear the Word. No preacher goes to them to share Jesus, and they would probably reject faith from someone they can't relate to anyway. But they can always relate to me, because I am like them, I speak their language, and show them that following Jesus does not mean getting neutered. I hope to one day minister in one of the state prisons around here, because these are kind of guys that I can reach. Nice, gentle, soft spoken preachers have their place and their audience, but there is a big audience out there that nobody is trying to share Christian faith with. An audience of rough, gruff, loud, non-glamorous people who listen to me, and many of whom I have managed to change their lives for the better. I have led several men to Christ who wouldn't have followed anyone else. I helped guys get off drugs and into church because of who I am and how I share my faith.<br /><br />I guess deep down maybe I am a bad person. Maybe I am just another dirt bag out there sharing the Word with other dirt bags? Maybe that is why my preaching appeals to some people who are generally considered "Bad" and not worth preaching to by mainstream preachers.

one more cast

Captain

When I get agitated on DC what I do is write a reply post , get all of my frustrations out and instead of clicking the "Add Reply" button I click the red X in the upper right hand corner.<br /> If you must leave then just make it a short break and come on back.

SoulWinner

Commander

That is good advice OMC. BTW, I like your self portrait. You look younger than I thought you were :D <br /><br />Mikeandronda, Maybe that is why God put me here, to bring the word to places others won't go. I believe that God has a purpose for each of us, and I would like to think that t least part of my devine purpose is to share my faith with those who live on the "other side" so to speak. I can't tell you how many times I have heard hings like "I never heard it explained that way before" or "you ain't no ordinary peacher, but you're ok with me." One of my last victories is a biker named Leon. He was on meth and crack, and his life was out of control. I helped him see the light of the Lord that still dwelt within him, and helped him to forgive himself as God forgave him. Now he is clean and getting his life back together. Praise God!

KaGee

Admiral

Originally posted by SoulWinner:<br />I guess deep down maybe I am a bad person. Maybe I am just another dirt bag ...
Yes you are, and so am I, and so is everybody else. "There is none righteous, no not one", "for all have sinned and fall short of the glory of God". <br /><br />"But God, who is rich in mercy, because of His great love with which He loved us, even when we were dead in trespasses, made us alive together with Christ (by grace you have been saved), and raised us up together, and made us sit together in the heavenly places in Christ Jesus, that in the ages to come He might show the exceeding riches of His grace in His kindness toward us in Christ Jesus. For by grace you have been saved through faith, and that not of yourselves; it is the gift of God, not of works, lest anyone should boast. For we are His workmanship, created in Christ Jesus for good works, which God prepared beforehand that we should walk in them. "<br /><br />SW... I'm pretty sure you know all that already. I applaude your ability to communicate with that group of people. That is not my gifting. Perhaps the following verse might help you in communicating with those who are not as thick skinned:<br /><br />Col 4:6<br />Let your speech always be with grace, seasoned with salt, that you may know how you ought to answer each one. (NKJ) Blessings upon all in the upcoming New Year. :)

11 footer

Lieutenant

Please keep posting in the tech forums, Jason.<br /><br />Most of the stuff that go's on in DC is BS that isn't worth getting upset over, they can HAVE this forum.<br /><br />Your one of my faverit members, I really enjoyed reading your boat resto. I remember reading your whole site front to back and enjoying it. You have a lot of offer the tech forums, don't let one idiot run you away.

SpinnerBait_Nut

Honorary Moderator Emeritus

Originally posted by Ryan T.:<br /> Please keep posting in the tech forums, Jason.<br /><br />Most of the stuff that go's on in DC is BS that isn't worth getting upset over, they can HAVE this forum.<br /><br />Your one of my faverit members, I really enjoyed reading your boat resto. I remember reading your whole site front to back and enjoying it. You have a lot of offer the tech forums, don't let one idiot run you away.
Come on Ryan, can't you post one time without calling someone names? gezzzzz.

Terry H

Lieutenant Commander

SBN, I sort of agree with Ryan...alot of us don't want so much preachin here. They should find themselves a "bornagain" discussion group..just a thought :)

SpinnerBait_Nut

Originally posted by Chief 101:<br /> SBN, I sort of agree with Ryan...alot of us don't want so much preachin here. They should find themselves a "bornagain" discussion group..just a thought :)
Well, it can be done without the name calling though Chief. IMO.

LubeDude

Admiral

I think people that come on the forums and state that they are leaving, actually dont want to and want us to reassure them that they should stay! I left the DC for a bit and didnt even miss it. I have since come back and mostly hang in the back ground. If you want to be offended, this is the place to come. The river came here to cause trouble and offend, and he has succesfully done what he came here to do. I feel he has no place here in general, Does he even have a boat???<br /><br />OK, Ill say it, "Hang in there Jason, you are a great asset here.

SpinnerBait_Nut

Besides all that, there is nobody making anyone click on a thread here in this or any other forum here at iboats.<br /><br />Don't want to read what thread started by a certain person, don't click on it and move on to the next.<br /><br />To those that don't like DC area, then quit coming down here is all I can tell ya. Pretty simple if you ask me since we are so bad down here.

one more cast

Captain

I have a great idea, how about a new section called "Religion and Politics" or maybe even " Take It Outdoors" and all the rough debates could be sent there instead of poofed. You could even post a warning to enter at own risk. That would make for some good winter entertainment I bet. :D

mikeandronda

Lieutenant Commander

Cheif are you saying that you only posts you like should be included here at DC? What if I dont like posts about guns? or music? or movies? or politics? or ECT...ECT.... this is supposed to be an open forum. We have all heard it before if you dont like a particular type of post ....dont read or respond........Ryan doesnt have to come here if its just all BS nobody forces anybody to read a post or hang out here. People need to quit flaming and messing with others and find a bettr hobby.........Truth is Im dieing to be out on the water myself so I get a little stir crazy too but........lets try to behave. What makes this place rock is everybody is different.

SpinnerBait_Nut

Never work OMC, to many "children" visit and iboats might be liable in some way. :p

lakelivin

Lieutenant Junior Grade

Originally posted by DJ:<br /> ... I wrote some strong, not offensive and from the heart, responses to lakelivin simply because he is none other than a troll. Do a little post search and you'll see.... <br />
DJ, wow, gotta admit, I'm surprised to be singled out as a 'purported troll'. Although I may disagree with many of your positions, I don't think I've ever attacked anyone personally. And instead of just stating a position (like many in this forum) I try to include the rationale behind my reasoning.<br /><br />If you'll indulge me, can you provide a specific example or two of what you consider my most offensive posts and the reason you see them as 'trollish' as compared to expressing a viewpoint that differs from yours? I think that's a fair request given that you've singled me out of the entire membership as being a troll :) .<br /><br />Regards,<br />LakeLivin<br /><br />p.s. I'm curious as to others perspectives as well. If you share DJ's opinion, please let me know . I think I'm open minded enough to take feedback without taking offense.

eeboater

Commander

It's funny, many of the posts in the thread have the two words "I think" in it. I think that should be taken into consideration. JasonJ, I am pretty sure you would consider me to be a "right-wing-whacko-bible-thumping" whatever but you would never know it. Maybe instead of leaving iboats completely you can switch to my way of reading threads. You can figure out where a thread is going by reading the first 3-4 posts. If it sucks and is filled with hate, I simply hit my back button. While I am a church-going conservative, I don't support the hate-filled way of getting people over to "our side."<br /><br />Fact of the matter is that there are bad eggs on each side of an arguement. During the "campaign" people on the left called Bush an "idiot" while people on the right called Kerry a "liar." <br /><br />I don't know you from Adam, but what I do know is this. Below your name is something that says "Posts: 2456." I know you didn't achive that level of posts by simply replying to threads on DC. You have provided help THOUSANDS of people throughout the world looking for answers to their boat-related problems. IMO, that is an invaluable feat that you have achieved.<br /><br />From someone on the other side of the equation, I ask that you consider not leaving the iboats crowd. Rather, ignore the idiots. Belive me, it's hard to do -- but I assure you your iboats experience will be much better than what you have experienced.<br /><br />At the very least, ignore DC, and keep providing help in the other areas of iboats.<br /><br />Thanks,<br />Sean

KaGee

Admiral

Originally posted by SBN:<br /> Besides all that, there is nobody making anyone click on a thread here in this or any other forum here at iboats.<br /><br />Don't want to read what thread started by a certain person, don't click on it and move on to the next.<br /><br />To those that don't like DC area, then quit coming down here is all I can tell ya. Pretty simple if you ask me since we are so bad down here.
That's right!!!<br />Well said. Short and to the point.<br />Put a fork in her, she's done boys!

LadyFish

Admiral

I write this to include all members who feel put off from time to time and to those who've caused it.<br /><br />I personally don't like to see anyone leave over a few coarse words or difference of opinion.<br /><br />I do appreciate DC for what it is....an open discussion forum. A place where we can all share our viewpoints on family, culture, current events and whatever else floats our boat.<br /><br />It appears to me at times that we are not as kind as we shoud be expressing our views to others. We don't take into account that the person reading our opinion might take something personally or be offended by our very abrupt way of getting our point across.<br /><br />We should all be a little kinder to our fellow posters. Read what we write a couple of times when its a controversial subject, and choose our words carefully before we post.<br /><br />It's difficult to take back something you say in writing. If you post to incite anger then DC is NOT the place for you. Find a board that tolerates such behavior, you'll be happier and so will we.<br /><br />In the meantime let's all be a little more open minded and compassionate.<br /><br />Jason, I personally choose to stay out of many of the religious or politically motivated threads but I do enjoy reading them. I made this choice because I think dicussing such things with friends can make quick enemies.<br /><br />Also, keep in mind this is the holiday season when everyone's emotions are high for a multitude of personal reasons that we are not privy to.<br /><br />We still all have one thing in common, we love boating. Our other differences are what make us who we are. That's not always a bad thing.

agitator

Petty Officer 2nd Class

I just plain don't want to be "Witnessed" period. Religeon is a very private thing for me while politics is not. I think I live my life right and believe I have little to fear from a vengeful God in the hereafter. Why impose your personal religeous beliefs on those on a fishing message board who disagree or believe differently. Telling us to just go elsewhere if we don't like it is not the answer. Name calling is a cop out on a weak argument or lack of vocabulary. Insulting or disparaging is never a show of class but is especially inappropriate during the Christmas Season.

bubbakat

Captain

Hey lets go fishing<br /><br />
21.gif