I'm done.

JasonJ

Rear Admiral
I just finished reading the thankfully locked up post from Soulwinner and realized I am wasting my time here. I try to accept other peoples beliefs despite those beliefs conflicting with my own, but that was the final straw. Theriver did not need to impune Soulwinners post the way he did (its a free forum, Soul can post whatever link he wants and should be able to without a tirade of negativity). Where it developed into ignorance was Souls decision to make it known he would be less than civil to anyone who disagrees with him in person. <br /><br />In my opinion, that demostrates not only ignorance and childishness, but also a complete lack of tolerance. Soulwinner should be ashamed of himself for even mentioning the name of Jesus in anything he says. All I have seen from him is a bullying preachy thug who wants to force his will on others.<br /><br />I have many a truely religious friend, and non of them behave like this. I feel for you Soulwinner, because if there is a God, you will get whatever undesirable end you seem to think everyone else will get due to your own arrogance and pride. You are yet another true example of the sinner hiding behind the cloth. Hang your head in shame, and repent to your God.<br /><br />Which brings me to my point. I am not a part of this grouping of people due to my personal belief system. I regret that an informational web forum such as this has turned into a bible thumping right wing hate fest hiding behind "morals". I have been here longer than most, and have seen some interesting things, but it really started going to pot during the summer. The election really brought the ugly out of people, and it is sad. I came here to talk about boats, and I am leaving talking about bitter resentful hate intercoupled with gladhanding and patting each other on the back when yet another non-believer is driven from the ranks. Oh well, I'll live....

mikeandronda

Lieutenant Commander
Re: I'm done.

Your right Jason many people have gotten hateful and nasty and I would be lieing if I said I have never stepped out of bounds myself but many many many times I have come here and recieved the exzact opposite. It did get ugly during the election and there definetly seems to be people on both side of this particular issue but I have noticed that this forum is in a continual change mode and whats happening now will probably mean very little in a month or two. As for SW's response to the river, well he is passionete about his belief and his love for Jesus. I think Jesus would understand( not condone) that response since his right hand man here on earth was a bit of a hot head(Peter). The River was looking for a fight he was trolling if you will and SW bit the hook. He is not the first troll nor will he be the last. There are many people here who I have none of the same beliefs as I do, but have much respect for, Like PW and JB, and I have enjoyed many debates with them as well as learned quite a bit about life and boating from each of them here as well. I hope you dont go and if you do I hope you return soon.

crab bait

Captain

like he said,, come back shortly an it'll be a new board.. hate to see you leave JASON.. your a great asset here.. <br /><br />i take it like this.. it's ONLY a post board on the internet..

62_Kiwi

Lieutenant Junior Grade

Jason - I think there's a wide range of people with different beliefs and intensities of belief here. I think we all get "brassed off" at times when the forum appears to get hijacked in a direction that we might not agree with - but that's life I guess.<br /><br />Personally, I feel uncomfortable discussing religion on a forum like this and yet I am quite comfortable discussing politics (whereas I know that some others are not comfortable discussing politics). I don't know why that is, but my answer is to keep out of places I don't want to go - and stick to the places I do. I've noticed many others here being selective about what they get involved in too.<br /><br />Heck, you've been around here longer than I have - so I'm sure I'm not telling you anything new. I hope you continue to stick around.

SpinnerBait_Nut

Honorary Moderator Emeritus

Like crab said, it's only a website.<br />Take a break from DC or just don't come down here if you might get upset at what is said.<br />You should know by now that any and everything is talked about down here in the cellar.

12Footer

Fleet Admiral

Let me get this straight...You're leaving iboats because of a post by Soulwinner?<br />Jason, I do not get that at all. And I've vacated other web sites due to personal conflicts with other members, too. But this just isn't a very good reason. Some peole are just intolerant, and they aren't all Christians that are, iether. If you've followedx some of the more "spiritual" threads, you'd see that plainly. Theriver has shown a propensity to troll more on the subject than most, but maybee it's because he feels that strongly about it. Some of us are "certain of what is right", and think that everyone must put-up or shut-up. But to not have the ability to simply shake your head at an obvious troll, is to fall for the bait.<br />BTW, if there's anything you wanna know, just ask me. I'm the world's most opinionated man. (I think there's a song that goes like that, from CSN&Y) :)

roscoe

Supreme Mariner

.... " I came here to talk about boats, ...."<br /><br />This is the wrong place to do that.<br />Dockside chat is a place to talk about other stuff.<br />The rest of the forums are a place to read others' opinions on how to fix stuff and buy stuff.<br /><br />IMO, there are better sites for "talkin 'bout boats."

D

DJ

Been there. I vacated DC for just about a year.<br /><br />Jason wrote.<br /><br />
I regret that an informational web forum such as this has turned into a bible thumping right wing hate fest hiding behind "morals".
Don't fall into the "right wing=haters" trap.<br /><br />Last time I checked, the people on this board are PEOPLE with differing opinions. I disagree with just about everything you write on those touchy issues, but I don't blast you personally. I wrote some strong, not offensive and from the heart, responses to "theriver" simply because he is none other than a troll. Do a little post search and you'll see. <br /><br />DC is an opinion area of the board and does not necessarily reflect what goes on in the other areas. As I said, I know, I vacated for a year.<br /><br />Take a vacation from DC. It helped me while I continued to help others, to the best of my limited ability, in the other areas. <br /><br />Your expertise in the boat repair area is very much appreciated, by many, including me. The work you completed on your boat shows a talent not often seen these days.<br /><br />BTW, how is the Police training going?

snapperbait

Vice Admiral

Understand where you're comming from, Jason..<br /><br />Jason.. I dunno what you think of "karma", nor is it my business, but I rest comfortably knowing that people, like those in question, usually get what's comming to them... ;)

FLATHEAD

Captain

DJ is right, take a break for a while. I would hate to see a member such as yourself leave. Your knowledge is an asset to this board. <br /><br />Just let the stupid stuff roll off.

Stratosfied

Ensign

Jason,<br />To me this is a place where I learn. Knowledge is everything; in that respect, then not everything I think, in my very limited and very basic understanding of how people perceive things, are exactly, nor nearly, how I would have them. That is what makes this a great oportunity for all folks. Now many would have looked at Skanky Beast and said no way. But you, in the wisdow of what will be, saw different. This is the fiber that keeps all Americans, and all freedom loving people separate from the rest. We see what will be, if we allow and put in the effort. I am a Christian. I fail the teachings of the Lord each day. Am I a hipocrite?, well in some eyes, yes I probally am. But In my view, I am just a sinner, saved by grace.<br />This is not to be a theology post, to each his on. I respect your wisdom and your insight, and your vision on completing tasks. For you to leave would be a loss for everyone else.

seawings

Cadet

Jason,<br /><br />I am new to forums and do not fully understand how they work, however, the few that I frequent have all had controversial “threads” and have driven people away. This seemed sad to me because I will defend anyone’s right to say what they want…however, I also hope to see people make informed and unemotional rebuttals…it’s all part of the freedom of speech we enjoy in this great country of ours.<br /><br />Keep the passion for you beliefs, by going away you allow those who differ with you to win.

bubbakat

Captain

JasonJ take it with a grain of salt and keep on stroking. I sure hate to see you quit posting here

KaGee

Admiral

Originally posted by JasonJ:<br /> In my opinion, that demostrates not only ignorance and childishness, but also a complete lack of tolerance.
And "I'm Done" demonstrates the opposite of this in what way?? :confused: <br /><br />I thought we were all gonna get along this weekend? Geesh.

Boomyal

Supreme Mariner

Originally posted by 62_Kiwi:<br /> "brassed off"
Love it 62_. I'll have to add that to my inventory. What would we do without such expressive cousins? :D <br /><br />
new_zealand

JasonB

Lieutenant

Jason, I really hope you stick around. I was doing my tri-hull resto about the same time you did skanky beast and drew much from your experiences. While I am relatively new to DC, I have learned that there are some threads you jsut shake your head at and go on. I missed out on the one mentioned, but whatever it was, let it roll like the water off a duck's back.

dhud64

Petty Officer 1st Class

This is NOT the only forum that has become more divided during this past election year. <br />The division in this country is rising again, when will the next civil war be? Or will that be Armageddon(?)

62_Kiwi

Lieutenant Junior Grade

Originally posted by Boomyal:<br />
Originally posted by 62_Kiwi:<br /> "brassed off"
Love it 62_. I'll have to add that to my inventory. What would we do with such expressive cousins? :D <br /><br />
new_zealand.gif
Thanks Boomyal - great flag!! :D :) <br /><br />"Brassed Off" is a common expression down here - I guess not so up there ? :D

D

DJ

Jason,<br /><br />Just a couple of things to add.<br /><br />I did not want to offend, not my intention, you with my "disagreement" statement. Yet, we do. That's OK. That's what DC is all about. Chat and OPINION.<br /><br />This board is about giving something to others, in your's and my case, knowledge and past experience. We boaters seem to be good at that. :) <br /><br />Stick around the other topic areas.<br /><br />BTW, I really do want to know how the Police training is going. I'm truly interested.<br /><br />Your going into that line of work actually speaks volumes about your willingness to share. I have the upmost respect for law enforcement. They do a thankless job for an ungrateful public, yours truly not included on the ungrateful part. With too little pay, too long hours and dealing with societies dregs, you have to be a special person, which I personally think you are.<br /><br />Best of luck, from this supporter.

SoulWinner

Commander

Jason, <br /><br />I am sorry I fell for the troll. I knew at the time I shouldn't take the bait, but I did. I did because I don't lay down. Being a Christian does not I am everyones punching bag. So I responded to a flame, and had it been in person I would have punced his lights out. I guess I am a crappy Christian, but I'm doing the best I can.