I'm comming out..

oddjob

Commander
Hi folks. I just read the thread about gay marriage and learned that I have yet another description. And since I was completely un aware of this, I thought that maybe you folks were in the dark also. Well, here goes.....<br /><br />--------------------------------------------------------------------------------<br />homophobic [h?mo f?bik, hómmo f?bik] adjective<br />having irrational hatred of homosexuality: showing an irrational hatred, disapproval, or fear of homosexuality, homosexual men and lesbians, and their culture<br /><br />Encarta® World English Dictionary © & (P) 1999, 2000 Microsoft Corporation. All rights reserved. Developed for Microsoft by Bloomsbury Publishing Plc.<br />--------------------------------------------------------------------------------<br /><br /><br />Ladies and gentlemen .....I are a homophobe.<br /><br />Yep I am!...I'm not if I or (it) is irrational, to think so you know. But the thought of another man entering my exit gives me the creeps and repulses me. wheither he loved my or not. I will definately avoid gay day at disney. And finally, If the act of being a homophobe is an underlying longing to be a homosexual as the gay activists say, then I say....were all homosexuals and some of just dont want to partake. So please respect me just like a women when she says no. <br /><br />No means NO..and you cant make me....do it either.<br /><br />Thank you<br /><br />Oddjob

12Footer

Fleet Admiral
Re: I'm comming out..

lol. A definition allready? lol. Them dictionary folks are quick.<br />Can I join your parade? Are you planning a march on the white house? If so, count me there.

blacktie

Petty Officer 2nd Class

I'll go with Andy Rooney's comment...<br /><br />"If I choose not to like people who are homosexual, that is not a phobia, it is an opinion."<br /><br />Encarta is dead wrong....a phobia is an irrational FEAR of something. Not an irrational hatred of something. I am not fearful of homosexuals. (nor do I hate them). I simply do not approve of their activities, and believe they are counterproductive to the natural order of things. If all people were devout homosexuals, human beings would be extinct in exactly one generation.

Carphunter

Commander

Before this gets locked, let me say..........Exactly what Blacktie said!

mellowyellow

Vice Admiral

Carp, what are these pics tylerin sent me with him<br />and (edit)?

blacktie

Petty Officer 2nd Class

in case you were all wondering....<br /><br />I don't care for spiders, but I am not arachnophobic<br /><br />I really don't like snakes, and I am "snake-phobic" (or whatever the correct phobia is)<br /><br />I'd rather not be confined in a very small space but I am not claustrophobic...<br /><br />you get the point. phobias are the things that keep us awake, white-knuckled, sweating and terrified. as much as the the media and hollywood have conditioned people to think that there is something wrong with people who do not condone homosexuality, and even though homosexual people have convinced themselves that heterosexual people actually fear or hate them, homosexual people do not make me exhibit any of these symptoms. actually I am quite indifferent to their choice of lifestyle. as long as it does not impede or interfere with mine. no different than any other issue.

blacktie

Petty Officer 2nd Class

..actually I really, really, really fear AND hate snakes.

Carphunter

Commander

Hey Mellow, you don't have to edit the word "Gerbils". :p

MURX

Petty Officer 2nd Class

I am quite indifferent to their choice of lifestyle. as long as it does not impede or interfere with mine. Amen <br /><br />When I have to stop, and explain to my 7 year old why Ladys like Ellen De Generate & Rosie O' are kissing on national Television, IMO it's starting to interfere with my lifestyle

crab bait

Captain

I KNEW IT.. i always knew you were a 'homophobe'.. i knew it.. :)

brother chris

Commander

I totally agree with MURX comments. <br />Don't let that stuff interfere with my life. <br />Keep it in your closet...at home.

dogsdad

Lieutenant

I'm in agreement with you folks.<br /><br />Finding a word like "homophobic" defined as such is a clear indication that there is indeed an agenda being pursued. Notice all the negative connotation attached to the simple and innocent act of not approving of homose*uality.<br /><br />This is a great example of the "juggernaut" that achris praises in a recently locked thread. As far as I am concerned, the juggernaut is a crazy train driven by none other than the Devil himself, and the ultimate goal is the destructiuon of humanity.<br /><br /><br />-dd-

Link

Rear Admiral

Well I feel much better now for comming out of the closet on that post oddjob: ;) <br />As a confirmed lesbian I likes all women...maybe I should say Woman since I'm married.. :confused: <br />Not! Mrs.Link doesn't read this :) (I still look) <br />Have a good weekend and our prayers are for the people on the east coast.

Elmer Fudge

Lieutenant Commander

Hey oj! you can come out now, Charlie has already passed by. Please let us know if all is well.

wilkin250r

Chief Petty Officer

Originally posted by MURX:<br />When I have to stop, and explain to my 7 year old why Ladys like Ellen De Generate & Rosie O' are kissing on national Television, IMO it's starting to interfere with my lifestyle
I'm curious. Would you find it objectionable for a man and a woman to kiss on national television?<br /><br />My reasoning is that we could not outlaw homesexuality any more than we could outlaw pre-marital sex. If one were to take the stance of morality and/or religion, both are a sin, or morally wrong, but if we cannot ban pre-marital sex on the basis of morality/religion, then neither can we ban homosexuality. Thus, one would be almost forced to agree that homosexuality is legal, even if we personally object.<br /><br />And if it is legal, then people should be able to engage in homosexual activity within the same guidelines given for heterosexuality. Obviously a couple cannot engage in sex in public, but two women holding hands, or two men kissing in the park, on the bus, or even on television should all be perfectly legal/normal activity.<br /><br />Now, as far as explaining that activity to your child, unfortunately that is a consequence that YOU have to deal with as a result of YOUR choice to raise a child in this day and age.

POINTER94

Vice Admiral

What a crock. Smoking is a genetically linked, we run TV ads and we pay for them, cuz they shorten a persons lifespan. Have you checked the life expectancy of a homo male.. With AIDS rampant and expanding in San Fransisco why did theY reopen the bath houses. It's all about love. :mad: <br /><br />How about taxing them for each encounter, how about a condom tax, how about tv ads pointing out how this lifestyle can cut your lifespan in half. Who pays for their incredibly expensive treatment/health care, why the government, and that was the reason for the cig tax. Lung cancer takes you quick and cheap... <br /><br />Taking the above logic why not allow two brothers to marry, or two sisters or mother/daughter if over 18, how about father/son/nephew. Who said 18 is the magic age, 12 sounds fine to me. If it is totally natural act why not perform in the streets, the public bathrooms and rest stops are already a haven for deep and meaningful love. Heck, it's all about love and just being happy. How can we judge, we just aren't worthy. Oh wait, yes we can, call a homosexual a name in a fight and you learn about the special rights they have over everyone else. I guess they are worthy, we aren't. A double standard does exist I guess, and someone had to JUDGE.<br /><br />Oddjob, I am so proud of you to have the courage to come out like this. I'm thinking of moving to Mass, with my dog (I love her too!). I think you should get a talk show cuz you are clearly more in touch with your feelings than the average person. You big sensitive stallion...

SCO

Lieutenant

Ok, so it should be perfectly legal and normal. Well what if a large percentage doesnt think it normal, and in fact find it deviant and destructive . This large percentage of people are now and therefore the deviants and abnormal for "judging" others. In fact, they are officially known as homophobes. Fact is, it is normal to have opinions about right and wrong, deviant and not deviant. Incst was perfectly normal in Polynesia if the Michnerbook Hawaii is accurate as historical fiction. It is not normal here. A culture has a right to it's opinions and prejudices or else why do we care so much for the sensibilities of the Muslim. In this case it is simply swapping one set of condemnation for another.

phatmanmike

Captain

just cause you dont like it... doesnt mean it aint no good.<br /><br />just cause you dont understand it...doesnt mean it dont make no sense.<br /><br />if you dont like something, and it isnt impeeding in your life, dont do it and move on. nuff said