I got a new job!!!

redone4x4

Lieutenant Commander
Finally, after about a year of working 3-4 part time jobs to make ends meet, I think I found a decent job for a while. Its not the greatest, but its driving trucks, money is pretty good, and im home every night even though i travel thru 3 states and back. just finished training, and they passed me with flying colors to go solo next week!:D sorry, had to share the excitement with you all since the economy has beat up sooo many of us on here lately.

rbh

Fleet Admiral
Re: I got a new job!!!

Hey, right on.
What have they got you haulin, and I bet your doing your own swampin though, get a back belt:)
rob

Kiwi Phil

Commander

That is really good news, and to get reasonable money, plus be home every night is a big plus.
I am pleased for you.
Cheers
Phillip

Bifflefan

Commander

Glad to hear that man....

When i move to Lake Havasu in 2011 ill get ahold of ya and use you as a refference for my driving job........:D

Bart Sr.

Lieutenant Commander

Congrats. Back home at night and weekends even better.

Huron Angler

Admiral

Congratulations redone4x4:D

I'm happy to be employed and was just thinking the other day how many people are on tough times. I feel like we are paycheck to paycheck so we don't appreciate what we have enough. We are very comfortable compared to folks that are being laid off even being a one-income household with two boys under 5.

Good luck with the new job!

redone4x4

Lieutenant Commander

Hey, right on.
What have they got you haulin, and I bet your doing your own swampin though, get a back belt:)
rob

umm...thats the bad part...haulin hogs. actually, its not all that bad. Awesome, newer trucks with everything you could ask for, and there is actually no-touch on the freight, just counting heads when they get loaded and closing the cut gates after the head are loaded in the compartments. we work Sun-Thurs, so i get fridays and saturdays off. im excited, and the route alternates between 2 so i wont see the same stuff for more than a month or so.

redeye1962

Petty Officer 1st Class

During these tough times any job is good. :D

Last edited by a moderator:

WAVENBYE2

Lieutenant Commander

Alright Dude, Glad you got it!! I know you probably feel a whole lot better too. I am thinking about gettting back on the river myself over the winter months (42-45days and home two weeks) till next spring and back to climbing trees again. Congrats again!!

Shizzy

Ensign

great big golf clap for ya!!!! Hells yea!

I never get tired of hearing about people getting back in the game. It seems like latley I have been hearing about more people finding work then getting laid off. It sure is nice.

tashasdaddy

Honorary Moderator Emeritus

glad to here things are looking up. hogs, not so bad, it could the the septic pump truck.

Kiwi Phil

Commander

I reckon hauling hogs would be much cleaner and more pleasant than driving a bus load of kids, or worse still, tourists!!
Having driving time all to yourself will be great too.....nothing better than your own company.
Cheers
Phillip

avenger79

Lieutenant Commander

congrats on the job!!!

Look at the bright side at least you get to sit in front of the hogs. the poor guy behind you has a much worse view. :D

skargo

Banned

Congrats! Best of luck in your new venture.

Summer Fun

Banned

Congrats on the new job!!! :). I made a nice living from driving trucks. I'm semi retired now at 52yrs old i still take a load here and there when asked just to keep busy. :D.

jaxnjil

Lieutenant

con grats red; 10-4 on the economy out there.
last winter jill told me one night on the phone, she heard on the nat news. 1 in every 20 houses there in the las vegas area was under some kind of foreclosure.
i mentioned that to a fellow at the dock and said i couldn't believe that.
his answer shocked me even more:eek: "ya' i thought it was more like 1 in 10, must have gotten better in the last couple of months.":eek:

any way with that kind of economy your lucky to hang in.:)

you gona pull 102" triple deck pots? and do you have to do your own wash out, or do you swap trailers each load? will you get your own tractor?

back when we had to be in the business in wyo the 102's were just coming in and they sure make running empty in the wyo wind a lot nicer. you wouldnt think that extra 6" would matter in a side wind but it did. + i think the newer trailers were slotted different to keep from trapping the air inside and lifting and tipping.

rbh

Fleet Admiral

I realize your working out of vegas but do you have to do any mountain driving?
when it starts snowing, hows your chaining up skills.:D
rob

redone4x4

Lieutenant Commander

con grats red; 10-4 on the economy out there.
last winter jill told me one night on the phone, she heard on the nat news. 1 in every 20 houses there in the las vegas area was under some kind of foreclosure.
i mentioned that to a fellow at the dock and said i couldn't believe that.
his answer shocked me even more:eek: "ya' i thought it was more like 1 in 10, must have gotten better in the last couple of months.":eek:

any way with that kind of economy your lucky to hang in.:)

you gona pull 102" triple deck pots? and do you have to do your own wash out, or do you swap trailers each load? will you get your own tractor?

back when we had to be in the business in wyo the 102's were just coming in and they sure make running empty in the wyo wind a lot nicer. you wouldnt think that extra 6" would matter in a side wind but it did. + i think the newer trailers were slotted different to keep from trapping the air inside and lifting and tipping.

they are double deckers, 150-200 hogs each load depending on how big those suckers are. The trailers do awesome in the wind, no lifting or anything. We pull into barstow to get washed out, unless we want to do it ourselves and get an extra $10, but it doesnt seem worth it to me just yet :eek: lol. But its not mandatory, they have no problem with us going to the truck wash for it. I share a tractor and slip-seat with someone else, it shouldnt be that bad.

redone4x4

Lieutenant Commander

I realize your working out of vegas but do you have to do any mountain driving?
when it starts snowing, hows your chaining up skills.:D
rob

we hit snow in utah i guess, but the guys say they dont have to chain up or anything.