I got a new job!!!

ShaneCarroll

Chief Petty Officer
Re: I got a new job!!!

I'm glad to hear it, sounds like a good job. The best thing about driving is the quiet time, or, you could always come equipped with a cd player and listen to all the good music, with no kids or wife to yell at you to turn it down. And you get Fridays and Saturdays off to use the boat? Perfect schedule!

fishrdan

Admiral

Haulin hogs out of Vegas... that wouldn't be for RC farms would it?

It actually sounds like a pretty good gig since you don't have to, handle them, 99% of the time you are up-wind and someone else gets to wash the piggy goodness off the trailer.

I bet those guys at the Barstow truck wash just LOVE :rolleyes: seeing one of those company trucks come rolling in.:D

CN Spots

Lieutenant Commander

A whole new meaning to "bringing home the bacon"!:D

Congrats!:)

redone4x4

Lieutenant Commander

Haulin hogs out of Vegas... that wouldn't be for RC farms would it?

It actually sounds like a pretty good gig since you don't have to, handle them, 99% of the time you are up-wind and someone else gets to wash the piggy goodness off the trailer.

I bet those guys at the Barstow truck wash just LOVE :rolleyes: seeing one of those company trucks come rolling in.:D

lol, no not RC farms. I work a few miles down 5th st. from there right now though. We haul hogs from Utah down to LA. Oh, when we go to get washed out, theres usually 4 of us together:eek: so we keep em busy haha. Sooo, I'm going to need all of u to start eating alot of pork so I can keep working:D

rbh

Fleet Admiral

Oinkers Away :p

Last edited by a moderator:

aspeck

Staff member

Grilled pork loin is on the menu tonight ... happy to oblige! (Do you have any coupons so we can get a discount? ;) )

jaxnjil

Lieutenant

We haul hogs from Utah down to LA. Oh, when we go to get washed out, theres usually 4 of us together so we keep em busy

great luck on your part. i would gladly pay $10 not to have to put on a wet suit and over boots.

we did cattle and sheep. sheep by far the nastiest.:mad: don't know how hogs would be. likely depends on what feed the are on.

can you count past 21 with out help:D

QC

Supreme Mariner

I think that was a Vegas reference ^^^^^ We had a dealer pay the whole table this last weekend and he had an 8, 4, A and . . . then . . . another 8. This guy can't count to 21 and he was dealing at the Las Vegas Hilton :eek: I considered telling him, but thought the rest of the full table might have killed me, plus I thought I might have had it wrong, but after 5 minutes and taking my shoes off and counting my head, I am still convinced that was a table that all got beat. Not one bust either. He even said "everybody's a winner" . . .

Oinkers Away :p
That deserves some credit LOL :D

I keep thinking about their little nose, snout, thingy deal sticking out of the holes in the trailer . . . They look sooooo happy :eek:

justchange

Petty Officer 1st Class

Congrats on the job. It's difficult to find a decent paying one these days. Hope it works well for you and they treat ya decent. :)

redone4x4

Lieutenant Commander

I think that was a Vegas reference ^^^^^ We had a dealer pay the whole table this last weekend and he had an 8, 4, A and . . . then . . . another 8. This guy can't count to 21 and he was dealing at the Las Vegas Hilton :eek: I considered telling him, but thought the rest of the full table might have killed me, plus I thought I might have had it wrong, but after 5 minutes and taking my shoes off and counting my head, I am still convinced that was a table that all got beat. Not one bust either. He even said "everybody's a winner" . . .

That deserves some credit LOL :D

I keep thinking about their little nose, snout, thingy deal sticking out of the holes in the trailer . . . They look sooooo happy :eek:

Wait, Wait......so you were here last weekend and didnt call me up for a drink?????:eek: oh man.

it is funny lookin in the mirror and seein all the snouts and ears stickin out lol.

jakebrake

Petty Officer 1st Class

congrats! nothing wrong with driving (hence my handle)! honest work! we bring the good stuff!

jaxnjil

Lieutenant

hmm...im missing something here i think

well if you can only count using your fingers and toes, thats 20.
put it this way; your wife can only count to 20

old newbe,green horn,ect joke- the only way thay can count past 20, is if there going pee:rolleyes:

god am i getting that old, that old jokes are gone too?

fishrdan

Admiral

We had a dealer pay the whole table this last weekend and he had an 8, 4, A and . . . then . . . another 8. This guy can't count to 21 and he was dealing at the Las Vegas Hilton :eek:

That happened to me once or twice,,, I considered it a gift...

I was playing black-jack at a little place in the middle of no-where (BFE Nevada) and had a cute lil' dealer who was giving me the eye,,, she would do the standard card peek to see if she had black-jack and let me know if I should take a card, double down, even money for a black jack. Easy pickin's right there :D And you wonder why they have those little black things built into the table that tell the dealer if they have an ace/blackjack now...

QC

Supreme Mariner

Wait, Wait......so you were here last weekend and didnt call me up for a drink?????
I thought I posted that I was going but I realize now that was in a Mod thread . . . :redface: My oldest boy's 21st B-day, so it was his invite list and we followed his agenda. It has been 16 years since we went to Vegas without the boat, and it was a mistake . . . We were sitting around the pool after being there for one hour saying "man, I wish we were at the lake". And everybody's head was going the same direction . . . Doh!!! I knew better too :rolleyes:

Tubingluvr

Chief Petty Officer

Congrads on the new job.
We lost our biggest contract today so the lay-off that was suspected is now a for-sure thing.
I could get laid off this week or next or I could make it till thanksgiving they won't tell who or when til it happens.
I have escaped 6 lay-offs in the last year, but it looks like my number is up.
Hold on to that job, they are getting harder and harder to come by these days.

redone4x4

Lieutenant Commander

Congrads on the new job.
We lost our biggest contract today so the lay-off that was suspected is now a for-sure thing.
I could get laid off this week or next or I could make it till thanksgiving they won't tell who or when til it happens.
I have escaped 6 lay-offs in the last year, but it looks like my number is up.
Hold on to that job, they are getting harder and harder to come by these days.

man, i hear ya. I went from never getting laid off or fired, to getting "fired" once and laid off 3 times all in the past year and a half. it sucks, and i hope this is the winter savior for us.

redone4x4

Lieutenant Commander

well if you can only count using your fingers and toes, thats 20.
put it this way; your wife can only count to 20

old newbe,green horn,ect joke- the only way thay can count past 20, is if there going pee:rolleyes:

god am i getting that old, that old jokes are gone too?

I am kinda young at 30 I guess, never heard that one before :D.

as for your sig, Like the old commercial goes,

"Every kiss begins with Kay" :)

Im glad my girl doesnt like diamonds. or maybe shes lucky cause she wont be disappointed haha. just kidding. hope she doesnt read that, sometimes she does get on here. :eek: oops.

jaxnjil

Lieutenant

one thing i can tell you; there is an art to keeping a tally.
you might want to get a little pocket bound book to carry and on of those thumb counter clicker deals that fit in your palm.