I dunno...

Gary H NC

Fleet Admiral
Re: I dunno...

All i can say here is yes its a Chevy powered street rod...No, not my 4x4..
821 HP on the Dyno...;)

It should be on the road in a few months.Its all mocked up in my buddy's shop right now.

BWR1953

Admiral

All i can say here is yes its a Chevy powered street rod...No, not my 4x4..
821 HP on the Dyno...;)

It should be on the road in a few months.Its all mocked up in my buddy's shop right now.

Ah... apples and oranges.

Sounds like your rod will be pretty quick. The fastest thing I ever drove was the 500hp trike pictured below. Yes, that's me on the trike in 1975. A long time ago! :eek: Then again, I wouldn't pull anything behind that beast! LOL

Hey Mark (rentprop1)... I can't remember... is your truck a 4x4?

bwr-trike.jpg

Gary H NC

Fleet Admiral

That trike looks insane man! Way cool!:D
I would hate to hit 150 on that!
My VTX 1800 motocycle will do it but scares me at those speeds.

BWR1953

Admiral

That trike looks insane man! Way cool!:D
I would hate to hit 150 on that!
My VTX 1800 motocycle will do it but scares me at those speeds.

I got that trike to 160mph at just 4200rpm and it was still shoving me back hard in the seat. At that point I decided to just ease off on the throttle, then go on home while I still could! LOL

Gary H NC

Fleet Admiral

I got that trike to 160mph at just 4200rpm and it was still shoving me back hard in the seat. At that point I decided to just ease off on the throttle, then go on home while I still could! LOL

That would scare the heck out of me....lol!
I could imagine what that thing would do at 5000 rpm or more...Holy Cow!!:eek:

BWR1953

Admiral

UPDATE: I sold BOTH of my boats and am now looking for a Starcraft (or equivalent) in the 16' - 18' range. I saw a 22 footer, but reckoned it might be too heavy for my car to tow, since it had a dual axle trailer.

I had a custom hitch made and installed locally by the same guys who did my Jeep hitch for me. They do a great job at very reasonable prices. The hitch is guaranteed to 3,500 pounds, which is more than the car.

Personally, I'd like to find a boat and trailer combo that weighs no more than about 2,200 pounds or so... preferably less, just for added comfort in towing. I don't want to be pushing the envelope or straining the brakes, etc.!

Can't help but wonder if I wouldn't be best served with a light single axle aluminum trailer with a lightweight aluminum boat on top.

Whaddya think?

Blue Crabber

Ensign

Sweet looking ride. My dad has had a couple audi's and all I can say is that they ride like nothing else.

Just curious, did your audi come with a tow package from the factory?

If so, then you are set and ready to go.

If not, you may want to check and see what the factory does to reach those tow ratings. Often, it will include some of the following:

Bigger alternator
Brigger brakes
transmission cooler
hitch
trailer wiring
brake controller
etc.

Good luck in finding the right boat for that tow vehicle!

Last edited:

BWR1953

Admiral

Well, I made a decision and pulled the trigger today.

Bought this 1989 Sea Nymph 14.5' v-hull aluminum boat with WORKING 25hp Mercury motor and galvanized trailer.

My Audi pulled the rig 100 miles home like it wasn't even there. COOOOOOL!

Now to start a "new boat" thread! :D

Attachments

• audinymph2.jpg
    audinymph2.jpg
    68.3 KB · Views: 1

Bob_VT

Moderator & Unofficial iBoats Historian
Staff member

HAHA the aluminum boat fleet scores another member! :D

BWR1953

Admiral

Indeed! It's not a Starcraft, but I learned a lot from those guys! Maybe my next boat will be a S/C in the 18' - 19' range, eh? :D

mickjetblue

Chief Petty Officer

Neat boat for a neat car!

I had a Lincoln some years back that also had an "air ride" suspension.
It actually had 4 rubber balloons that inflated from sensors and a small air
compressor. Worked fine for a few years, but when problems settled in, they
were big time problems. No more of those on the road.

The Audi system is much more higher tech, anyway, and should last.

Good luck!
:rolleyes:

CheapboatKev

Vice Admiral

Bwaaa haaa haaaa.....Everytime that a new tinny is bought somewhere a piece of glass cracks just a little more..

Indeed! It's not a Starcraft, but I learned a lot from those guys! Maybe my next boat will be a S/C in the 18' - 19' range, eh? :D

I look fwd to seeing it @ the Florida get together!
Also..Ya cant swing a cat without hittin a SC for sale out here in Florida...

BWR1953

Admiral

Bwaaa haaa haaaa.....Everytime that a new tinny is bought somewhere a piece of glass cracks just a little more..

I look fwd to seeing it @ the Florida get together!
Also..Ya cant swing a cat without hittin a SC for sale out here in Florida...

YAHHH!!

Do ya think the SC guys would let me go to tinstock? I've successfully fished Lake Anna before... with my old Bass Tracker! Ha! Tin RULES!!

Here's the linky for my "new boat" thread with updated pix.

http://forums.iboats.com/showthread.php?p=2362886#post2362886

BWR1953

Admiral

Weeeeeellllll... I got my butt chewed by the hitch guy this morning. Turns out my definition of a small utility trailer didn't exactly equate to his. I figured my 5' x 10' trailer wasn't too much for the hitch, but I was wrong. It got bent a little. So did he! LMAO! :p

The tail light converter also blew out due to a poor ground on the utility trailer. That's gonna cost me $45 to replace. oops

So, now I have my utility trailer for sale or trade for a smaller, lighter one. The shop owner was nice enough to let me put pix of my trailer for sale in his shop. He says they go fast there because of all the biker dudes who want to tow their cycles. Sturgis is coming up, so he said it's possible that it'll go quickly since it can hold two motorcycles. I also have it on craigslist.

Live and learn!

Attachments

• 1c.JPG
    1c.JPG
    95.2 KB · Views: 0

jbjennings

Captain

That's a really sharp vehicle and a nice fishing rig, too. However, I'm not that impressed with the hitch if it can't handle that little trailer. Like you, I'd call that a light utility trailer also. How much lighter does a utility trailer get--gees, it's just a 5 X 10???!!!! You must have had quite a load on it?! Got pics of that hitch?:redface: I kind of like that trailer, actually.......
JBJ

BWR1953

Admiral

That's a really sharp vehicle and a nice fishing rig, too. However, I'm not that impressed with the hitch if it can't handle that little trailer. Like you, I'd call that a light utility trailer also. How much lighter does a utility trailer get--gees, it's just a 5 X 10???!!!! You must have had quite a load on it?! Got pics of that hitch?:redface: I kind of like that trailer, actually.......
JBJ

Well, the frame is 1.5" x 3" C-beam steel, if that helps. You want it... come get it! LOL! :D

I did use it once to haul a 1/2 load of mulch from the landfill. Dunno how much it all weighed though.

Here are the pix you requested:

Attachments

• 4sale5a.jpg
    4sale5a.jpg
    94.9 KB · Views: 0
  • 4sale6a.jpg
    4sale6a.jpg
    90.9 KB · Views: 0

jbjennings

Captain

Sorry BWR,
I meant the hitch on your new car that you said got bent by that little ol' trailer. You're a little far for me to come get the trailer.:redface:
Either way, I hope you enjoy your new rigs--they're really nice. I've never driven an audi, myself, but I'll bet it rides nice and that engine runs particularly smooth.
Later,
JBJ

BWR1953

Admiral

Sorry BWR,
I meant the hitch on your new car that you said got bent by that little ol' trailer. You're a little far for me to come get the trailer.:redface:
Either way, I hope you enjoy your new rigs--they're really nice. I've never driven an audi, myself, but I'll bet it rides nice and that engine runs particularly smooth.
Later,
JBJ

OOPS! Senior moment on my part! LOL! :D

I'll get pix of the trailer hitch tomorrow. And I'm thinking at this point that I'll discuss with the hitch guy about going a bit heavier duty. I'd like to have the option to go with a larger tin can later on. The guy is a good dude and already said he'll fix the hitch as it is now. Might be able to upgrade too.