I dunno...

BWR1953

Admiral
I might need to get a classier looking boat to drag behind my new tow vehicle!

2003 Audi Allroad Quattro with twin-turbo V6, 3,300 lb. towing capacity, adjustable ride height (shown UP in pic) and awesome everything! LOL

Video of the ride height adjustment from youtube: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KeLbf7hMkHs

Whaddya think? :D

audi1.jpg

audi2.jpg

audi3.jpg

audi4.jpg

flycaster

Petty Officer 2nd Class
Re: I dunno...

Hang each of the boats on the ball, take a picture of each and let us vote.:D:D

Fl_Richard

Lieutenant

Gas turbos and trailers are a bad combination. The turbo works too hard causing lots of heat build up....

My boat and trailer would kill that car. The boat on the tandem trailer in the background will probably kill it too.

But it is shiny!

BWR1953

Admiral

No hitch installed yet. I'm pricing them online and WHEW! Some are expensive! Especially the factory original... goes for $1,175 and is rated for 3,000 pounds. However, U-Haul offers one rated for 2,000 pounds for only $119 and that will handle my little boat just fine.

Not planning on towing the big boat with this vehicle. My neighbor volunteered to tow that one for me anytime... so long as he gets to go on the water with me! :)

Here are some more pix with the car backed up to the little boat. The car has a neat proximity sensor that kept me apprised of how close I was getting to the trailer! KEWL!

I'm thinkin' a nice little aluminum boat would complement the car color. Heh heh.

audi5.jpg

audi6.jpg

audi7.jpg

audi9a.jpg

JB

Honorary Moderator Emeritus

A tow vehicle that fine should be towing a Boston Whaler.

BUT:

That 3300# towing capacity, I am sure, is for the tow package equipped version. Look into what is involved in the Audi towing package.

Hanging an aftermarket hitch on it just might be enough to kill it.

BWR1953

Admiral

A tow vehicle that fine should be towing a Boston Whaler.

BUT:

That 3300# towing capacity, I am sure, is for the tow package equipped version. Look into what is involved in the Audi towing package.

Hanging an aftermarket hitch on it just might be enough to kill it.

oooooooo.... a Boston Whaler sounds good! LOL

Jeep Man

Commander

No hitch installed yet. I'm pricing them online and WHEW! Some are expensive! Especially the factory original... goes for $1,175 and is rated for 3,000 pounds. However, U-Haul offers one rated for 2,000 pounds for only $119 and that will handle my little boat just fine.

Not planning on towing the big boat with this vehicle. My neighbor volunteered to tow that one for me anytime... so long as he gets to go on the water with me! :)

Here are some more pix with the car backed up to the little boat. The car has a neat proximity sensor that kept me apprised of how close I was getting to the trailer! KEWL!

I'm thinkin' a nice little aluminum boat would complement the car color. Heh heh.

audi5.jpg

audi6.jpg

audi7.jpg

audi9a.jpg

No problem! With a couple of quarts of paint, we can match your new car to your boat. LOL

Zeeter

Petty Officer 2nd Class

Looks like a roll gunnel Manatee to me. Not a Boston Whaler for sure.
I sure wouldn;t let anybody but a dealer touch that car.

BWR1953

Admiral

Looks like a roll gunnel Manatee to me. Not a Boston Whaler for sure.
I sure wouldn;t let anybody but a dealer touch that car.

Nobody said my boat was a Boston Whaler.

rentprop1

Petty Officer 1st Class

glad to see you took advantage of the Cash for Clunkers program :D:D

nice wheels, to bad my dodge can drag it sideways down that driveway...lol :eek:

BWR1953

Admiral

glad to see you took advantage of the Cash for Clunkers program :D:D

nice wheels, to bad my dodge can drag it sideways down that driveway...lol :eek:

I actually did try to go with the cash for clunkers, but my fixed disability income just couldn't get me into a new car. So, I went with the used Audi and a regular trade-in deal for my Jeep.

Does your Dodge have a top speed of 160mph like the Audi? LOL! :D

CheapboatKev

Vice Admiral

Great looking ride! I like that better than the Porsche Cayenne...Over priced and under powered, lol
It would fit right in at the Country Club Marina, with a classy old woodie behind her!

thompson.jpg

thompson2.jpg

windsors03cobra

Lieutenant Junior Grade

Very Sweet ride, is it brand new ? Love pretty much all the later model Audi's with the LED eyebrows.
All Road in FLA is kinda funky but I bet its nice for any slimy/steep boat launch es.
And air ride, I was just talking about yesterday how much I miss and loved my old Lincoln Mark VII that floated on a pillows of air, I loved that suspension.
That Audi really lifts alot, is it automatic or user controlled ?

Have Fun.

BWR1953

Admiral

Very Sweet ride, is it brand new ? Love pretty much all the later model Audi's with the LED eyebrows.
All Road in FLA is kinda funky but I bet its nice for any slimy/steep boat launch es.
And air ride, I was just talking about yesterday how much I miss and loved my old Lincoln Mark VII that floated on a pillows of air, I loved that suspension.
That Audi really lifts alot, is it automatic or user controlled ?

Have Fun.

My Audi is a 2003 model year. The more I drive it, the more I love it! :D

I needed either 4WD or AWD for two reasons:
1 - working around my property (like with my utility trailer), and
2 - for boat ramps

The air ride has both automatic and manual control. Totally awesome for traversing my driveway and property when raised up. I deliberately drove it down into some sugar sand and it had no problems at all. Totally cool!

The car is characterized as an Executive Estate wagon. Yep, that'd be me! No pickup drivin' redneck here! I'm a country gentleman! LMAO! :D

kenmyfam

Supreme Mariner

Nice vehicle. Just make sure you are properly equipped before towing with it.

BWR1953

Admiral

nahhhh..not classy enough..would look better behind my frontier!

Kev, I see your point. I think, after much consideration, that a 16 foot Hewes flats boat would be the ideal vessel to pull behind my new vehicle. Heh heh.

Ahhhh.... dreams!

hewes2.jpg

ziggy

Admiral

nice ride man.

myself, i couldn't care less how i look when i'm going out boating. it's the fact that i am going boating that's critical to me.
for years i was into jetskiing. back in '03, i had i nice new 02 yamaha fx140. i was in the reverse scenario of yours. my tow vehicle was a 91 toyota 2wd pickup with many dents and rust. just plain ol ugly tow vehicle. i chronically had the worst tow vehicle at any ramp i went to. thing was, i didn't care. i got way better gas mileage than any other vehicle at the ramp too. i aslo didn't have to worry about anyone hurting my truck. or stealing from it. no one in their right mind would've looked twice at my truck and thought there was anything to steal or damage about it.. just be happy your going out boating... :D and congrats on your nice new tow vehicle, it does look sharp.....