How to get rid of annoying neighbor!

Status
Not open for further replies.

deputydawg

Lieutenant Commander
Hey all. I have been pulling my hair out over this one, and I don't have much to spare. <br />Start with my story. I am 34, work nights 6P.M. until 6A.M. My wife is in her last semester of college, and we can't afford day care for our 3 children ages 1, 3, 4. I stay home during the days with the kids.<br />Anyway, a few months ago I was outside playing with my kids, working in the yard, when my new neighbor and her child came wondering into my yard. She is around 24 or so and her child is 1 month older than my middle girl. She told me how she was happy to have a playmate for her daughter. I thought OK, whatever. Her daughter hardly talks, but whines like you wouldn't believe. They hung around for a while, then went home. The next day I had the kids outside again playing in their wading pool. Here came the neighbor with her daughter in her swimsuit. She just led the kid right into my wading pool and sat there bothering me for the next few hours while her daughter whined and pushed my kids around. <br />Anyway, that was in August, she has been hanging around every time I go outside with my kids, about every day. Being a pain in my rear!<br />Last week she started telling me how her husband wants her to go out and do the nasty with another man. I don't know if she was hitting on me or just babbling like an idiot like she usually does, but I made it clear I was happily married and didn't go for that. She insisted that since I was a man I would not be able to resist if someone offered themself to me. <br />Up to this week I have made it more than clear that she was not invited into my house. Well this weekd it is getting colder so she decides to come knocking EVERY DAY. Now her kid can't be having much fun here, she constantly pushes my middle daughter down and picks on her. My oldest daughter gets mad about that and kicks her butt. I, being the good daddy I am, watch and let it happen.<br />How can I get rid of this person without causing problems? They own their home, so will be my neighbor for years to come. It is a very small town so it is impossible to hide. I am a public somewhat political figure so I need to be careful what I do and who I make mad. I tried to tell her my kids were sick and it was catching but she still did not leave. <br />Just wanted to vent about this person! At least my wife is very understanding and trusting of me.<br /><br />I want to go out now and work on my boat with my kids, but she is sitting on her front porch waiting. I won't even be off of my deck before she is on the way over! :confused:

Stratosfied

Ensign
Re: How to get rid of annoying neighbor!

Poision their water! ;) Like they do on the westerns! (really just kidding)

spratt

Lieutenant

Deputy, you can be assured she is not after a good time with your kids!!! Have your wife talk to her:) Women can cut one another to shreds adn the one being cut will be happy she was cut...or at least she will THINK she is glad to have been cut to shreds...and when it is all over, everyone is still friends:)

SCO

Lieutenant

Not much doubt that she had you in mind for some extra curricular activity. All the neighbors in my neighborhood are outside and interacting all the time... it can be a good thing. Agreed this is a tough problem because a disgruntled neighbor makes for an uncomfortable situation. I think I would say that I was afraid someone will get the wrong idea, and where you come from it is inappropriate, and as silly as that seems, it just makes you uncomfortable. Basically the truth. Good luck and keep us posted. Another way is to let your wife handle it.

NYMINUTE

Captain

Call the following:<br />Scott Peterson<br />OJ Simpson<br />Vinnie the Eraser<br />If that doesn't work ask her to loan (give) you some $$. Not talking about coffee $$. We're talking new Hummer $$. If you get the money, send her to me next.

eeboater

Commander

Hey Deputy,<br /><br />I belong to a Jeep Forum and they went into a exhaustive discussion on this very topic.<br /><br /> Dealing with bad neighbors <br /><br />Sean

oddjob

Commander

Wow!...good luck with that DD. Spratt's idea is the only one I can come up with to make her stop. I recommend that you dont let her into your house if your wife is not around. Dont give her any ammo to blackmail in the future when she's figured shes waited long enough for you to come around. If her husband is like she says then she obviously has nothing to lose on her end. She may never stop..until your screwed or divorced.............you better go ahead and tell her to beat it DD. Shes BIG trouble......

deputydawg

Lieutenant Commander

I know, I will start itching and scratching a lot then ask "do you know any good creams or ointment to get rid of warts?". <br />Good ideas here. If my wife handeled it I would probably end up paying out bail money. <br />I never really thought that serioudly that she might be after me, I am not much of a prize, but then who knows.<br />I did tell her that the only way I wanted her visiting is if we sat in the deck chairs in the middle of the yard, full view of everyone. She was only in my house 1 time, long enough for me to get shoes on my kids. I made it clear this was not allowed based on rumors ina small town. Usually when she rings the bell I tell her I will be right out. <br />I even yelled at her whiney little brat one day when she pushed my kids off of theri swing. That didn't even phase her. I told her it was time to go home, but she came back!<br />I am going to put up a privacy fence when I can afford it, she is across the street so it won't offend. I don't want to be a prisoner in my own home, but don't want to start a neighborhood fued either. With winter coming on it will soon be too cold to be outside, then I will have no choice but to lay down the law.<br />Good thing is my wife graduates in December so she will be home for a while after that. Another good thing, my wife fully trusts me and actually thinks it is funny how stupid this woman is. But then she is from Florida.....just kidding to you Floridians out there. To her the world revolves around Arcadia Florida. I have told her she sounds like she was happier there and should go back, but I think they are running from something. They moved here with nothing more than what would fit in the trunk of their car. I think there is a bank or two looking for them. His family lives here and I know them pretty well. They are odd too though.<br />If everyone around me is abnormal, does that mean I am normal or does that mean I am the weirdo?<br />Thanks for the replies so soon. Mostly just blowing off about this.

Mrs Soulwinner

Petty Officer 1st Class

Hey DD, I'm with spratt. talk with your wife about what's up with this chick and have her have a nice sit down to chat with her. She should make definite unconnected eye contact, using a nice monotone voice let her know neither she nor her daughter is welcome back on your property. Chicks just don't believe it when a man says he's not interested (because most are), but when they think they may get the crap kicked out of them by the wife....that, more than not, seems to work.<br /><br />Oh and by the way, if you can get the loan out of her, after she is done with NYMINUTE, she can come hit on SW for a bit. :D

deputydawg

Lieutenant Commander

Maybe I can tell her my kids have ringworm and can't play with others?<br />Give me ideas on more diseases please.

spratt

Lieutenant

See Deputy, Soul agrees with me!! And what she said is really true. You know, in the career you have been involved in, that women can and will try to use certain advantages to get what they want. Even married women these days in the workforce use themselves to make gain on the job, and I know personally of females who have admitted to trying to seduce a traffic cop to get our of a ticket...<br /><br />Mrs. Soul could probably slice and dice that lady for ya, it sounds like:)

deputydawg

Lieutenant Commander

I agree Spratt, that is exactly why we all have cameras now. It has happened to me personally on traffic detail. <br />I keep no secrets from my wife, but I think if she talked to her it would end in me posting bail for someone.<br />I did get rid of her for a few days a while back. I know a man that is a tattoo covered biker. he is a methamphetamine addict recovering. Actually I arrested him for possession, and then helped him get into treatment. Now he stops by once in a while and hangs out in the garage with me. I am kind of his unofficial N/A sponser. He looks like a dope addict still. I started calling him as soona s I would see her coming. He made her so nervous that she would leave. He is a real good guy and my kids like him, but he got mixed up with stuff years ago and made some mistakes. But she is scared stiff when he is around. It is funny.<br /><br />I kind of think from things she has said she wants to swing with the wife and I. That don't happen either!

kenimpzoom

Rear Admiral

Good fences make good neighbors.<br /><br />Ken

spratt

Lieutenant

COWABUNGA!!!! The biker is a good idea:) And after re-reading your post originally, I think the swinging thought is correct. If her hubby said for her to find someone, then you are probably onto something there...<br /><br />Hey, keep up the good work...there are heroes who kep pur streets safe, and then other heroes who keep our country free and safe...it is up to the heroes in the homes to keep the home front safe:) Parents, take heed!! Be a hero / heroine, ouor kids don't need athletes nor Hollywood to create heroes for our little ones...our local Police are good enough for me!!!!

aspeck

Staff member

Get a powerwasher and wash your driveway every morning. Mow your yard every morning that you do not powerwash your driveway. Egg their house every weekend. Ask Ryan T. He can probably give you a few more ideas! :D :D ;) :p

Mrs Soulwinner

Petty Officer 1st Class

spratt wrote:
See Deputy, Soul agrees with me!! And what she said is really true. You know, in the career you have been involved in, that women can and will try to use certain advantages to get what they want. Even married women these days in the workforce use themselves to make gain on the job, and I know personally of females who have admitted to trying to seduce a traffic cop to get our of a ticket... Mrs. Soul could probably slice and dice that lady for ya, it sounds like:)
DD, spratt is right on. I worked for years for a company that the majority of the management were men and the majority of the employees were women and man let me tell you.... if you weren't willing to hike a little skirt, you got nothing. And I was sickened by how many would. Married or not! I worked really hard at that company before I just walked out! Women have this keen 'ability' to do what it takes to get what they want. That's why I'm saying let your wife step in because whether she knows it or not, she has the same ability. She just needs to use it just this once to take care of a situation that could very quickly turn very nasty. <br /><br />And hey, a little bond money spent for a good cause isn't all that bad....is it?<br /><br />And as far as slicing & dicing.....if you were my husband and the situation was still at hand, me and ms. neighbor chicky would be talkin'!! :D

Barlow

Lieutenant Commander

:D @ ken<br /><br /><br />**************************************************<br />DD-<br /><br />tell her the whole household is HIV positive ..<br /><br />**************************************************<br /><br /><br /> ;)

spratt

Lieutenant

yeah, and I reckon HIV WOOD make a good fence:)

NYMINUTE

Captain

Lice, Pink eye, measles. Better yet tell her the oldest one hasn't had a BM in 3 days, maybe she could look into it!!! :p :p

Status
Not open for further replies.