GWB

CJY

Lieutenant Junior Grade
Re: GWB

I agree. He has probably been laughing at our stupidity since he first learned of winning the election some 5 years ago! America was 51% ignorant twice. Right now we are only 39% ignorant.

D

DJ

I agree. He has probably been laughing at our stupidity since he first learned of winning the election some 5 years ago! America was 51% ignorant twice. Right now we are only 39% ignorant.
Former Pres. Clinton never got close to those numbers. But liberal media reporting is "selective". Remember Ross Perot?<br /><br />All this whining/kibitzing about the Presidents hhandling of this and that is just that-whining/kibitzing.<br /><br />Remember, the President is 1/3 of the Fed. The other two being the Judiciary and the House/Senate. He is NOT A KING. Isn't public mis-education (government schools) a wonderful thing?<br /><br />Although, Pres. Clinton ONCE (to his handlers disbelief) declared himself the KING of America.

SpinnerBait_Nut

Honorary Moderator Emeritus

I am really ashamed right now to call myself an American.<br />I sit here and read all these negative posts about the President.<br /><br />I was brought up to respect the Office of the President.<br />My dad always told me that he might not have liked some of the thinking of them, but he was always behind whomever was in there and that is the way I have been all my adult life,<br /><br />My duty is to vote and after I have done that, my part of the process is over.<br />It's not for me to sit and judge the man, if it was, I would run for office.<br /><br />Come on people, on the eve of 9/11 why can't we all just come together as one and remember what went on that day and realize it was terriosts and not any President that caused it.<br /><br />I just hope mankind makes me feel like being an American again.<br /><br />Have a good weekend.

chugger

Petty Officer 3rd Class

Originally posted by JB:<br /> Evidence that the media are really running the country.
Then why aren't we blaming President Kerry? I am so sick of people thinking the public is stupid and only thinks what they're told to think. I think I can safely say on behalf of the average person: we are not idiots.

CJY

Lieutenant Junior Grade

DJ, you better check your sources once more.

CJY

Lieutenant Junior Grade

Ross Perot? What about him? He ran as a 3rd party candidate, not a Dem or Rep. Explain what Perot had to do with anything regarding Clinton.

Ralph 123

Captain

Then why aren't we blaming President Kerry? I am so sick of people thinking the public is stupid and only thinks what they're told to think. I think I can safely say on behalf of the average person: we are not idiots.
Which is why Bush won despite the most vitriolic constant attack by the left in history.

ZmOz

Captain

Originally posted by SBN:<br /> I am really ashamed right now to call myself an American.<br />I sit here and read all these negative posts about the President.<br /><br />I was brought up to respect the Office of the President.<br />My dad always told me that he might not have liked some of the thinking of them, but he was always behind whomever was in there and that is the way I have been all my adult life,<br /><br />My duty is to vote and after I have done that, my part of the process is over.<br />It's not for me to sit and judge the man, if it was, I would run for office.<br /><br />Come on people, on the eve of 9/11 why can't we all just come together as one and remember what went on that day and realize it was terriosts and not any President that caused it.<br /><br />I just hope mankind makes me feel like being an American again.<br /><br />Have a good weekend.
Very well said. To all the people bashing bush I say, why don't YOU run for president and see how many votes you get. My guess is they'd lose to Nader...

ZmOz

Captain

Originally posted by chugger:<br />I am so sick of people thinking the public is stupid and only thinks what they're told to think.
Oh no...I can assure you that the vast majority of the population in this country is in fact, stupid beyond belief.

D

DJ

Ross Perot? What about him? He ran as a 3rd party candidate, not a Dem or Rep. Explain what Perot had to do with anything regarding Clinton.
Perot was the "deciding factor". Pres. Clinton never got close to 50% of the vote. 43% as my memory recalls. It's documented fact that Perot took Rep. votes at a far greater percentage than Dem. votes.<br /><br />Get it?

chugger

Petty Officer 3rd Class

Originally posted by ZmOz:<br />
Originally posted by chugger:<br />I am so sick of people thinking the public is stupid and only thinks what they're told to think.
Oh no...I can assure you that the vast majority of the population in this country is in fact, stupid beyond belief.
That would explain why Bush is president, but I doubt it's true.

CJY

Lieutenant Junior Grade

Perot took Rep. votes at a far greater percentage than Dem. votes
This, no matter how you add it up, can only be speculation at the very best.<br /><br />However, I could give you this one and respond by saying, what were the republicans thinking when they voted for him?" Is this a sign of their intelligence (those that voted for Perot)?" What great support they showed for their own party. I thought it was the ideolology of the party and not the candidate preaching it. Are all republicans bandwagon jumpers such as the ones that voted for Perot? You called Kerry wishy washy? Wow, what are you saying about those in favor of Perot over your republican endorsed candidate? <br /><br />You may now see the light you have shed by your admittance. Well done DJ.<br /><br />I understand if you wish to retract your statement. And I would not even call you wishy washy if you did.

jtexas

Fleet Admiral

Originally posted by SBN:<br /> I am really ashamed right now to call myself an American.<br />I sit here and read all these negative posts about the President.<br /><br />I was brought up to respect the Office of the President.
As we speak, Americans are dying for your right to express your opinion. Even though I might disagree with you, I will fight to the death for your right to express yourself.<br /><br />Plus which, anyone who takes a "protect the president from critisism no matter what" approach should keep in mind that one day we might have a Democratic president, and since I know you are not hypocrites, you will have no choice but to refrain from critical comments.

CJY

Lieutenant Junior Grade

DJ,<br /><br />Poor memory. Clinton took nearly 69% of the electoral college in 1992. The electoral college is all that matters in the end. Unless you don't accept defeat, and fight it to the conservative supreme court.

ErikDC

Petty Officer 1st Class

Calling a significant voting block "ignorant," "stupid," etc. is ALWAYS a good way to convert potential swing voters. :rolleyes: I applaud the tactic, myself. Just another way to let everyone know what the Lib Dem's really think about their own countrymen. I like it! :D

eeboater

Commander

IMO -- the I don't give a hoot about the "Approval ratings" - especially now. Why? President Bush doesn't need to get re-elected. His "approval ratings" are going down because he is no longer kissing the left's a**. Bout friggin time. Send em packing on the vegetable oil powered buses they came riding into this town on. Ev'ry single one of em.<br /><br /> :D <br /><br />Sean

Ralph 123

Captain

Poor memory. Clinton took nearly 69% of the electoral college in 1992. The electoral college is all that matters in the end.
Tell that to your Gore loving buddies next time they cry in their beer about how Gore really won and how the electoral college should be abolished.<br /><br />For the record, you man Gore took back his admission of defeat and decided to fight in the courts. Nice try at rewriting history. (a very old and tired tactic of the left - yawn)<br /><br />
Is this a sign of their intelligence (those that voted for Perot)?" What great support they showed for their own party.
Unlike sheeple Dems, Republicans actually vote for the person who they think can best do the job. If there is every straight party votong you'll be lucky to regain power in about 100 years.<br /><br />In the last election, Bush received more votes than any President in history. End of story.

CJY

Lieutenant Junior Grade

Ralph,<br /><br />You do know that the US has 25% more people today than when reagan was elected...right(US Census). 294.6 million today compared to 235.4 million when Reagan was elected. So, what you say is true, but...duh, there is 25% more people. He still only secured 20% of the total population. Reagan, by the way secured 23%. Saying that Bush aquired more votes than President Lincoln says nothing about W's leadership abilities. In 10 years we will be talking about another record vote that is meaningless. End of story.<br /><br />By the way, I am not left, liberal or a democrat. I simply do not support Bush. You are assuming, and you know what that means.

jtexas

Fleet Admiral

Originally posted by eeboater:<br /> IMO -- the I don't give a hoot about the "Approval ratings" - especially now. Why? President Bush doesn't need to get re-elected. His "approval ratings" are going down because he is no longer kissing the left's a**. Bout friggin time. Send em packing on the vegetable oil powered buses they came riding into this town on. Ev'ry single one of em.<br /><br /> :D <br /><br />Sean
coattails.<br /><br />That's the answer to "Why? President Bush doesn't need to get re-elected."<br /><br />Clinton didn't need to get re-elected either, but IMHO his shenanigans cost the democratic party. Some congressional seats, maybe even control of one house or the other. And the collateral damage from that's gotta be huge. Also maybe even the White House (considering the closeness of the election), and, in turn at least one supreme court justice.<br /><br />"His "approval ratings" are going down because he is no longer kissing the left's a**." That speaks highly of Bush's character.

FLATHEAD

Captain

Originally posted by SBN:<br /> I am really ashamed right now to call myself an American.<br />I sit here and read all these negative posts about the President.<br />
Cant say I'll ever be ashamed to call myself an American. <br />-------------------------------------------------<br />This statement is shameful. " <br /><br /> Originally posted by ZMOZ<br />"Oh no...I can assure you that the vast majority of the population in this country is in fact, stupid beyond belief" <br />-------------------------------------------------<br />ZMOZ I did not realize you were the barometer of the intelligence of this country. Is that statement based on your own IQ?