Guess which is the husband?

JB

Honorary Moderator Emeritus
Re: Guess which is the husband?

Well, Spratt.<br /><br />We disagree on at least one key item:<br /><br />I believe that The Bible is the words of man, written by man, interpreted and translated by man and selected by man to be included in man's view of what happened and what it meant.<br /><br />My daughter did not "become" gay, as I said before. She was born that way. I am happy that she has a fulfilling life full of love and offers priceless skill and service to society. If your God existed and abhorred same gender love she would not have been born that way. My God doesn't make junk.<br /><br />"That lifestyle" that you refer to is a myth. She is not promiscuous, diseased, neurotic, addicted, or in any of a thousand other ways a wart on the nose of humanity.<br /><br />Those self-righteous, holier-than-thou busybodies who are so quick to condemn her for being as she was born are, in my opinion, a wart on the nose of humanity.

bubbakat

Captain

JB I don't believe God meant for life to be looked at the way some people look at it. I read the bible and believe in God but he tells me to love my neighbor and he doesn't tell me to go over and see what sexual preference this neighbor has before I show them my love.<br />I admire you JB for respecting and loving you child the way you do. It is not anyones place to try to inflict their will or anyone else will on anyone.<br /> I live my life according to the way I interpret the bible not the way some one interprets it for me. When someone thinks different then I do I don't try to impose changes on them so they can look at it my way.

one more cast

Captain

Boomyal, What choice did God give gays. They (my sister anyway) did not choose to be gay, she just is....Even as a child she was always more like my brother then my sister. Are you saying gay people should pretend that they are straight, or go live in a cave all by their self? Well she did fight it and pretend she was "normal". she even was married to a man for 20 years and has two kids.She was a miserable person for a long time. At least now she is happy. If you don't understand this then there is nothing anything can say to to make you understand it. And what about people that are born with both sex organs... what do you think about them?

mikeandronda

Lieutenant Commander

Good post Bubbakat Your qoute of <br />"I read the bible and believe in God but he tells me to love my neighbor and he doesn't tell me to go over and see what sexual preference this neighbor has before I show them my love."<br /> is right on.

denniz

Senior Chief Petty Officer

Originally posted by One More Cast:<br /> Boomyal, What choice did God give gays. They (my sister anyway) did not choose to be gay, she just is....Even as a child she was always more like my brother then my sister. Are you saying gay people should pretend that they are straight, or go live in a cave all by their self? Well she did fight it and pretend she was "normal". she even was married to a man for 20 years and has two kids.She was a miserable person for a long time. At least now she is happy. If you don't understand this then there is nothing anything can say to to make you understand it. And what about people that are born with both sex organs... what do you think about them?
your sister CHOSE to be gay, your sister CHOSE her way of life,Im glad shes happy.If you think she was born that way your wrong.Just cause shes your sister doesnt make it right.

denniz

WHAT IF YOUR daughter fell in love with another woman?? What if your son fell in love with a goat? Are WE really ready to accept everyone? This Gay marrage thing is only a stepping stone.

FLATHEAD

Captain

Rod knocking, let me enlighten you a little bit. <br /><br />I had a cousin that was the same age as me. We have a very close family and I hung out with my cuz from the time we were toddlers . From the git go there was something different about George. We knew it and he knew it. Hell he was not even sure what was wrong but he was gay sure as could be. WE were just kids and didn't even know what the word gay even was. No one can tell me that a ten year old kid back in the sixties could choose to be "gay".. AS he got older and it became apparent that he was gay a lot of people didn't bother with him much, myself included. He struggled with this his whole life. As much as he wanted to be like all the other guys,, it just wasn't happening. He was tormented by this. He could not change the way he was.<br /><br />There was a time that no one could convince me that a person could be born gay.<br /><br />Now that I have matured and have had a chance to really look at his life, the things he did, and the things he went through. It is a no brainier that he was born gay. No one could convince me otherwise! <br /><br />Unfortunately he has since passed on.

denniz

Thanks for the enlightenment, unfortunatley I disagree, we arent born GAY, nor was he. Different? were all different. There has to be some parental influnce. Sorry but your cuz had some screwed up parents.

denniz

My cousins gay...I dont accept her behavior but I love her anyway, love the sinner hate the sin.AND YES she had a screwed up childhood.

Triton II

Commander

My brother is gay. Our parents are both ex military officers. I am hetero, our sisters are hetero. No one screwed up here, neither nature nor nuture made Andrew gay... that's just the way he is. I love him just the way he is, as do our sisters and our parents. My view is that as long as no harm is done, then live and let live. Tolerance is not easy, it is like respect. Learn to tolerate and respect and your hard work will be rewarded tenfold.

FLATHEAD

Captain

Well rod knocking all I can tell ya is this. He has 8 brothers and sisters, all very successful, all very happy and all never in any kind of trouble. They all have families of there own that are very normal. Go figure ,, can you believe it!!!<br /><br />Screwed up parents,,, I dont think so. With all due respect perhaps those that are intolerant of others and have closed minds are the ones that had a bad influance from thier parents.

denniz

OK , we disagree, You know the difference between right and wrong behavour? Do you feel your brothers actions are right?

denniz

Hes your brother...if your comfortable with it fine.. If you want him to live his life that way. Sometimes accepting the situtation is another form of not dealing with it.

one more cast

Captain

Screwed up parents,,, I dont think so. With all due respect perhaps those that are intolerant of others and have closed minds are the ones that had a bad influance from thier parents.
AMEN and good night.

JB

Honorary Moderator Emeritus

Sorry, RK.<br /><br />You are dealing with an empty deck.<br /><br />You probably couldn't find a MD, clinical psychologist, shrink or other trained professional in human behavioral sciences that would agree with you. I am a Ph.D and I know better from personal experience and training.<br /><br />What logic would cause someone with a choice to choose a life of abuse, persecution, ridicule and discrimination?<br /><br />Would you CHOOSE to be a black man in 1950s Mississippi or a Jew in 1930s Germany?<br /><br />What happens in PRIVATE between consenting adults who love one another cannot be judged by mere mortals. I doubt that you fit any other description.

denniz

HI JB lets go with that.. cannot be judged by mere mortals...? there must be a higher source?so are you saying there is a God? Do you agree in sodomy?Common JB you aint that way. Id take the black man in the 50's, wasnt the gas chamber. (close)FULL deck? I have 861 pages of the bible, thatll do.

Fly Rod

Commander

:) There are some very good points here about being "GAAAAAAAY!!!"<br /><br />Spratt!! I don't agree with it either and U know what, I don't agree with a man wearing an earing either!!! I could have been a millionaire cause i wanted to have a bumper sticker made up and sell them which was " have a good day shoot a gay!!! But i knew it would have been wrong to do that!!! "BUT!!" we are living in the 21st centuary!!!<br /><br />I know a few people that are "Gay" and they are nice people!!! And yes i have a couple of reletives that are gay which i never knew till this past year and I've learnt to live with it!!!! I think it is from birth, but they don't come out till later in life!!!!<br /><br />My grand kids are 1-1/2 and 3 years old if down the road they turn out "GAY" i would "LOVE" them as much if not more!!! <br /><br />But I also believe that there should not or never be Gay marriage!!! They have every other right in the world!!! ;) :cool:

denniz

phd in what? IVE GOT a PHD.. so there.

denniz

Originally posted by JB:<br /> Sorry, RK.<br /><br />You are dealing with an empty deck.<br /><br />You probably couldn't find a MD, clinical psychologist, shrink or other trained professional in human behavioral sciences that would agree with you. I am a Ph.D and I know better from personal experience and training.<br /><br />What logic would cause someone with a choice to choose a life of abuse, persecution, ridicule and discrimination?<br /><br />Would you CHOOSE to be a black man in 1950s Mississippi or a Jew in 1930s Germany?<br /><br />What happens in PRIVATE between consenting adults who love one another cannot be judged by mere mortals. I doubt that you fit any other description.
Youre not a decent individual, you let whatever happens happen, you have NO MORALS to stand on and one day you will be judged for that.