Guess which is the husband?

roscoe

Supreme Mariner
Re: Guess which is the husband?

Willy, "One interesting stat is that nowadays most homosexual couples stay together for life and most heteosexual couples don't."<br /><br />I'd like to see that stat, and know how they came up with it.<br /> <br />I've met hundreds, perhaps more, gay people, yet I only know 3 couples that have been together for over 10 years, and that is not "together for life". <br /><br />Obviously you have never spent much time actually witnessing the gay community. The whole community, not just a few dozen public couples.<br /><br />Try spending a Friday or Saturday night observing the gay community. Perhaps you could drive down to the warehouse district on Jefferson St, just north of the river, in Milw. Just get yourself a good vantage point and watch. Some of these "couples" change partners several times a night. You can see it all. Right there in the alleys, the cars, and the parking lots. It is a very promiscuous life style. I worked nightshift down there for 10 years. I know it is worse in the bars, but have only second hand info on that, directly from gays I have known over the years.<br /><br />JB, its not the sinner, its the sin.<br />And the human genome has not been fully mapped yet.

pjc

Lieutenant Commander

on a lighter note, I will paraphrase from a very early Rap album from the artist "Blow Fly" (album, "Blow Flys Rap"..very old, Google the title for validation)........."I love fa***ts, especially from behind"<br /><br />sorry, this topic is kinda moot to me. However I do share Marks insurance concerns sort of. A point however is that insurance industry passes off cost to us regardless of medical condition or illness. Though not all the population suffer from an non stigmatized illness, such as diabetes, we all contribute to the cost for those who do in our insurance premiums.

Bigfun

Petty Officer 1st Class

The harder you pro homo people push your agenda the more ridiculous you look. You can spin your feelings anyway you want but it still will always come down to the simple choice between right/wrong - moral/immoral - good/bad - healthy/unhealthy.<br /><br />Flamer = Wrong ;)

12Footer

Fleet Admiral

Originally posted by mikeandronda:<br /> I am offended by the anti Christian posts here but that doesnt seem to raise your hackles JB. Same, Same if you ask me. And if you look into few of these posts ( and Im sure you do) many of us bible thumpers do not Flame Gay paople so please dont place that type of behavior on all of our doorstep.It would be sterotyping if you did, and we all know how you feel about that. I have stated before it is my belief that God Loves gay people as much as he loves the people who wrongfully condem Gay people to hell.
ditto

Mrs Soulwinner

Petty Officer 1st Class

JB....I understand your frustration with bible 'thumpers' and the two sidedness that seems to come along with their thumping. If you really get down to the foundation of what the bible teaches, it is LOVE. We are to love ((everyone)) as Christ loved us. Sometimes that is hard for people to do....even us bible 'thumpers'..but as professing Christians, that is our foundation. I have no hatred for gays....I love them as I love everyone. Do I have my own beliefs about homosexuality? Yes. Do I judge or discriminate because of homosexuality? NO. We are ALL equal in the eyes of G-d. ALL of us. We will stand and give an account of our actions on that final day and I don't want hatred towards anyone to stand in my face there nor do I want it to hinder my walk with G-d here. Remeber though....Christians are still people that live in this world and to 'lump' us all together is on it's own unfair. Trust me when I say that I took no offense to what you said about bible 'thumpers' but do realize that there are those out there that do love their "neighbor"!! No matter who or what that neighbor may be. ;) :D <br />Just my humble opinion....

FLATHEAD

Captain

Give me a break!! So your telling me a homosexual person will not receive any medical attention unless he is on his partners medical policy??? Then and only then will it affect the insurance companies?? Yeah right,,, You could come up with something better than that!! <br /><br />The way I see it if a person has aides they are going to need and get medical treatment weather or not they are on someones else's policy or their own. Or of course maybe you would rather see them plugged into "THE SYSTEM" and get the medical attention from wallets of the taxpayer and from Social security?? <br /><br />I am not waving a banner for gays,, but the insurance argument is plain nonsense.<br /><br />Boomyall,, wake up my friend, it is already all over the place, on the TV in the street,s and yes even in the schools. Dont worry it aint gonna turn someone gay by seeing it, I agree with JB, you are born that way, it's here and we all have to tolerate it, like it or not.

rogerwa

Commander

Here my take on this issue. This isssue has many facets. We try to group many of them together and generalize, and the answer is not in these generalities.<br /><br />I don't beleive in homosexulity yet I am not arrogant enough to beleive that there is no place in nature for this. I am consistent in my faith that gay individuals are not evil or sinners, it is the practice of homosexuality that is the sin. Much like a single person having hetero relations outside a condoned marriage. Abstinece is the proper reaction to being gay. I also don't expect everyone ot believe the same way I do. To quote a Montgomery Gentry song " you do your thing, I'll do mine".<br /><br />As for gay marriage, again it is not hard to extrapolate that I don't believe in it. This flows from the purpose of marriage. I have no issue with committing yourself to someone.<br /><br />Again the legal/benefits issues is where is gets tricky. I beleive that I should be able to identify anyone I want as my family member for purposes of health decisions, insureance payouts, beneficiary type stuff.<br /><br />I don't beleive gay couples should adopt. I believe that single people ought to be able to adopt. However, I am not in favor of family building because the lack of the oppostie sex makes natural family building impossible. Saying a family with two gay parents is natural is not right. Two people committed to raising a child is an admirable thisng to do, yet pronouncing this is natural does not recognize the elephant in the corner.<br /><br />I amnot in favor of gay couples receiving benefits from employers, much like married couples as the purpose behind this originally was to support the mother of the family raising the kids. A stay at home mother is a playing a vital role to our society even though she is not physically empployed. A gay partner that is taking advantage of his/her partners benefits really shold have no claim. They are or should be a productiver memeber of society and obtain them themselves.<br /><br />I do not sit in judgment of gay people as that is not my role. I have known several and have been friends with them. I believe my views to be very pragmatic, albeit nuanced.<br /><br />As a side note, my benefits coverage have increased steadily due ot this issue. First, the single or gay employees feel I am getting a benefit they don't. I have a stay at home wife and four kids. We made the choice to have her do this as her job until they are old enough for her to go back to work. I have no issue with her getting her own benefit when that time comes. As it is now, I pay almost all of the wife and kids medical (at the company rate) due to this lobby. Does this benefit or detriment society. Luckily I make enough where this just cuts into our dicretionary income. Others may have to force the mother to go back to work to cover it. Bad for our kids. Good for the gay person who wants to save a few bucks.

JB

Honorary Moderator Emeritus

Hey 12'er.<br /><br />Sorry you didn't read my response.<br /><br />I have no intention of stereotyping fundamentalist Christians any more than I tolerate the stereotyping of gay people as promiscuous, disease carrying mental patients.<br /><br />There are promiscuous, disease carrying, neurotic, even psychotic persons of any preference. They gather together in preferred locations. If you go there you will see repulsive behavior from straight and gay persons alike.<br /><br />There are also valuable, productive members of society of any preference. I know several gay persons that are devout Christians, Jews, Catholics.. . .um, no, no Muslims, Hindi or Buddhists that I personally know but I am sure they exist.<br /><br />So get off my back about stereotyping devout Christians. I don't.<br /><br />And those of you who do, quit stereotyping people you don't know anything about except gossip.

Mark42

Fleet Admiral

Give me a break!! So your telling me a homosexual person will not receive any medical attention unless he is on his partners medical policy??? Then and only then will it affect the insurance companies?? Yeah right,,, You could come up with something better than that!! <br />
No I did not say that. Stop putting words in my mouth and read it again. And again. And again. And again, until you stop putting a spin on what I said and actually comprehend my post. Geez, some people...<br /><br />Mark

FLATHEAD

Captain

So you think. I am sure that there will be a back-lash from the health insurance companies in the form of higher rates if "married" same sex couples start getting on the insurance rolls. <br /><br /><br />Mark [/QB]
Not putting words in your mouth.<br /><br />Well I read it again and again. Even posted it up here for ya. <br /><br />Maybe what your saying is that insurance company's find it a losing proposition to insure gays that are same sex married on the same policy, rather than insure them on their own policy. :confused: Are they not susceptible to all the statistics you posted even if they are on their own policy?? <br /><br />Maybe the health cost is less to treat a guy with aides if he is on his own policy???<br /><br />Please explain to me why the insurance co will see additional burden from same sex couples sharing a policy??

tcube

Petty Officer 1st Class

JB - I'm bet you're pleased as punch to have your daughter and her partner come home - I sure would be. My kids are my kids and I could care less what their sexual orientation is - just so long as they are honest, caring people. I don't even give a hoot whether they're democrat or repulican!

JasonJ

Rear Admiral

Mark, your figures are intriguing. I always thought that the disadvantaged had the highest drug use/diseased/mental problems, regardless of sexual orientation. Aids is no longer a gay disease. It is a disease that is spread through sexual contact and intravenious drug use. Aids does not care what the sexual preference of its host is, and was not introduced to the human race because of gay sex. Aids spread through the sexually promiscous regardless of who was sleeping with who, but the focus fell on gay people because of the usual myths (that gay people just run around doing it with any port in the storm). The misconception of Aids is continuously spread through ill informed means, has been ever since the 80s. Once again, I thank the media for that.<br /><br />Diverse sexual activity and the perversions that come with it exist in all walks of life. The figures you quote do not indicate the big picture, rather it indicates a justification of your own beliefs. Have you ever stopped to think that maybe there are mental problem issues with a percentage of gays because they live their lives either hiding from or being harassed by and looked down on by those who hate them? As JB says, gay people are born gay. Once they realize they are gay, they get the glorious honor of pretty much living a life of hell at the hands of those who hate. It is a miracle, if you ask me, that there are not more mental problems/suicides/whatever in the gay community. All I can think of is that gay guy who was tied to a fence, beaten, and left for dead. Can't remember what state it was, I just know it was a southern state, Texas I think. That is the life gays get to live. <br /><br />I am very thankful that I am not gay, I can't imagine living the life they live. The fear of persecution must be horrid, all thanks to a mindset that is at the least deplorable. Ang no, the insurance industry will not suffer. Insurance companies could give a rip what goes on as long as the green comes in. Society as a whole benefits from more people being insured. Cuts down on that whole tax payers footing the bill thing and pumps more cash into the insurance pool. The average gay couple will likely not bear children naturally, which reduces health costs. The average gay couple, if they do have children, do not breed and pump out 6 kids, they keep it to a more realistic number, which again cuts cost. Hate to say it, but nothing is more costly medical wise than the average heterosexual family with children. Trying to play the insurance card is just another justification to support a belief system.<br /><br />I think I would respect people more if they would stop sugar coating it and just say that they hate gay people, that they think gay people should disappear from the earth, and that the earth would be a better place without them. That is what is being said, no matter how you gloss it over.

JB

Honorary Moderator Emeritus

Well, I do care whether they are liberal or conservative, tcube. The fact that both voted for GWB says a lot about their ability to see the big picture and not vote a single issue.<br /><br />Yes. I am always happy to see them. They are both veteran Nurses with over 25 years caring for preemies (NICU). Still learning. . . working on MSRN degrees to become licensed practitioners.<br /><br />I am so proud of them both and I love them unconditionally.<br /><br />I'm sure you understand why my hackles go up and my claws come out when folks who know nothing of them start posting about what wicked people they are. :(

12Footer

Fleet Admiral

Originally posted by JB:<br /> Hey 12'er.<br /><br />Sorry you didn't read my response.<br /><br />I have no intention of stereotyping fundamentalist Christians any more than I tolerate the stereotyping of gay people as promiscuous, disease carrying mental patients.<br /><br />There are promiscuous, disease carrying, neurotic, even psychotic persons of any preference. They gather together in preferred locations. If you go there you will see repulsive behavior from straight and gay persons alike.<br /><br />There are also valuable, productive members of society of any preference. I know several gay persons that are devout Christians, Jews, Catholics.. . .um, no, no Muslims, Hindi or Buddhists that I personally know but I am sure they exist.<br /><br />So get off my back about stereotyping devout Christians. I don't.<br /><br />And those of you who do, quit stereotyping people you don't know anything about except gossip.
JB, you must have me mixed-up with somebody else! All I posted here was a "Ditto" to another post, and said absolutely nuthin about stereotyping anyone,Christians ,gays,or any of that. What are you refering to? Maybee I can catch-up here.<br /><br /><br />Ok, I re-read my post, and strike the part of that quote refering to you, my friend...I should've used a bit more care. I do not flame gays iether tho.

12Footer

Fleet Admiral

BTW, there is a lesbian woman that goes to my church. She states she would rather live a life of celibacy, than to change her seemingly instinctual preferences. She spoke at a round-table we had. She is a remarkable person, and I greatly admire her resolve. I certainly know, that if the shoe was on MY foot, things would be much different. She has my full respect.

tcube

Petty Officer 1st Class

UNCONDITIONAL LOVE - that what it's all about, JB. It matters not what my sons, daughters and grand children do - I will always love them. All I can hope for is that their mother's and my influence has been positive enough to have them travel the right roads. So far, so good! Couldn't be more proud of them!

spratt

Lieutenant

Well, I knew before it was done, the religious aspect of it all would come out...it just cannot be seperated, can it?<br /><br />Rogerwa posted earlier, that "I am consistent in my faith that gay individuals are not evil or sinners, it is the practice of homosexuality that is the sin." I DO NOT wanna careen this thread into something else, but it struck me when reading that statement, how it resembles the idea of the anti-gun folks: The want to ban guns because they kill, but it is the OWNER of the gun who makes the gun a killer, and I thought how closely that resembled homosexuality. Rogerwa is correct in that it is not the homosexual that makes it a sin, but the sin of unrepented homosexuality itself...I am NOT saying that Rogerwa is anti-gun, because I have no clue, and this is not about him, but just the statement, OK, Rog? Some folks can see the gun as evil, but not the homosexuality...some folks see the homosexual as bad, but not the gun owner!!! Just some food for thought...<br /><br />Personally (and I fully believe I have God's signature on this), the SIN of homosexuality and lesbianism is, according to the Bible (like it or not it is WRITTEN there, and what is written in the Bible directly reflects God's thoughts and ideas, and actions) an abomination to God. An abomination is the word used to describe the worship of idols, false gods, the anti-christ, and is the epiphany of the worst things that God dislikes. He judged and destroyed two cities in one day for the sin of homosexuality. He talks about the sin very much in the Bible. The only way a person can excuse that sin, is to reject what God teaches, and I know a lot of folks won't like that, but how would you state that fact? God created mankind and womankind to pro-create, and to serve Him and love Him unconditionally. The homosexual CANNOT worship God in TRUTH as long as they are unrepentant, and unchanged. I have never seen a single homosexual receive the Salvation of God and change, myabe you have, but I have been a Christian for 26 years, and have seen a few homos come in to church and try to change, but they cannot, or WOULD NOT. Homosexuality is not like being mentally ill, retarded, or "crazy"...Jesus healed the demoniac in the tombs and he was definitely crazy!!, and cast the devils out of him, and put him back in his right mind. NOT ONE TIME DOES THE BIBLE TELL ABOUT JESUS HEALING or DELIVERING A HOMOSEXUAL!!!!! Maybe because not once does it mention one coming to Him and asking to be changed or healed!!!??? I have only read the book through about 20 times, so I COULD have missed that part...<br /><br />There is so much that can be said about this whole subject, and not a bit of it is good, in my opinion. Yes, I believe it is here to stay, but I do not have to accept it, and I thank God my boys are heterosexuals.<br /><br />JB, I would have been heartbroken, and worse, if they had become homosexual. I feel sorry for you that it had to happen in your home. <br /><br />I personally know of at least two individuals who chose that lifestyle. How many others did, yet no one knew because they just simply admitted they became "un-closeted"...homosexuality is perverted, it is 100% anti everything that God intended for His creation (I find it impossible to believe that God CREATED a homosexual, the exact OPPOSITE of those He created to love and have love Him back), and is not NORMAL, even as a lifestyle. All those who think it is ok, and they "deserve" to have the same recognition as normal people do, are simply sticking their head in the sand, adn do not want to recognize the lack of limitations that will occur if homosexual marriage and more is granted as a "right". Where will the line be drawn, for say, bestiality? for Pornographers? for anything else that the devil can bring into the lives of the people who were created to be Holy and Righteous as God is, but instead are being pushed daily by activists to make it ok to have sin as the normal?<br /><br />Now I will sit back and receive my lambastings :)

one more cast

Captain

One question, Why would God punish someone for being the way he made them. If you had a family member who was gay you would understand it better. In most cases it is not a choice, it is just the way it is. God bless us, everyone.

Boomyal

Supreme Mariner

Originally posted by One More Cast:<br /> One question, Why would God punish someone for being the way he made them. If you had a family member who was gay you would understand it better. In most cases it is not a choice, it is just the way it is. God bless us, everyone.
God gives us the choice in our behaviour. IMHO it is no different than a 14 y/o testosterone laden lad not giving in to his impulses. There are also some other conditions that it is widely thought that people are born with and yet society demands that their impulses not be acted on. I won't go any further than that.