Got in a car accident

txswinner

Banned
Re: Got in a car accident

cpj, please be careful, do not agree with me to often. Hehe.

SCO

Lieutenant

Out of proportion??, yes. Ryan just saved a bunch of money on Geico(a joke). If this lady is going to be a plaintiff, she has to prove her case, and she already has one strike against herself by not getting a police report blaming it on Ryan. Maybe there is some cynical reason for her actions but maybe she she felt sorry for him and wants to mother him everyone on the board. I mean what 16 year old kid doesnt do what he can to avoid trouble in that situation?? Bout all of them but the ones that mature early. The lesson I get from this is that we shouldn't let 16 year olds drive cars.

Barbee Q

Chief Petty Officer

Originally posted by Link:<br /> Double post but Rayan <br />Never lestin to Barb! She has a stupid GOOSE Named LINK for G*ds Sake! The Gal is NUTS! ;)
It's listen not lestin.. :eek: <br />And if I'm nuts like you say could you please find the rest of my screws to put me back together..<br />Your just overly invious becuase my link is cuter than yours.. :D I'm just joking with you Link.. <br />So hows the weather up there.. I have to head into washington and repo a boat and a pickup..<br /> :eek: <br />Repo work helps me get my nuts off :D <br />Just joking :D

magster65

Commander

Take it easy folks, he didn't start the thread looking for insults. I don't think there's a person here who hasn't made a mess of something in the past so give the kid a break! People make mistakes, plain and simple. It's what you do to remedy it or make sure that it doesn't happen again is what defines your character. So...<br />Well Ryan :) <br />You've really opened 'Pandora's box' on this one. Take it or leave it but I have some advice for you. You and your father should be careful when dealing with people outside of insurance. Most of your auto insurance coverage deals with liability and closure of a given incident. You could, in theory, fix the ladies car, pay her money to 'go away', paint their house and polish their shoes but if the legal documents are not in place, there could be trouble. Even years from now there's nothing to stop her from suing you for personal damages to her and her passengers. By fixing her vehicle you're admitting 100% fault. She may be retaining legal advice to screw you and not waiting for a mechanic. I personally wouldn't trust a stranger on this matter. Get a legal document written (by a lawyer or notary) that releases you from future action stemming from the accident. If she won't sign it, there's a clue of what she really has in mind. <br />Good luck... hope everything works out for you.

Link

Rear Admiral

Barbara Dee<br />Well I have corrected my spelling but You still have the Goose! :D <br />You can't see it today but we are starting to get some much needed rain up here.<br />Repo a boat?? I swear I made that last payment! Stay away! ;) <br />Eastern or Western Wa? It's like being in two different countries. West of the cascades we get very little snow but a lot of rain. On the East side it's a desert in the summer and a lot of snow and ice in the Winter.

11 footer

Lieutenant

Well, looks like I pretty much got this **** all settled.<br /><br />I was a little worried because the lady wasn't calling me back, but she finally called me tonight. Her mechanic told her the car was safe to drive, nothing was affected mechanically. She got a estimate at some body shop I never heard of, they said it would be $2,000 to fix it. The book value on her car is only $1800, so if it where an insurance job it would be totaled, and she'd be out of a car without enough money to replace it, so that's not really in her best interest.<br /><br />This is how good of a businessman I am :D .........<br />She's agreed to meet me and my dads friend at his body shop late thursday afternoon. I'm going to fix it for her myself, so I'll only have to pay for parts. She'll get her car fixed, plus I'll throw her a $100 gift certificate to my dads restaurant. She said that she'd sign something to the affect that this will end any further legal action from this incident. I’m pretty lucky the way this whole thing is playing out, its sure nice to know people ;) <br /><br />In the end, this will end up costing me $1300-1800 to fix both cars, but I'm able to do it without an accident report and insurance finding out. Now I got to start working on returning some of these favors,I've used a lot of them up with this thing!<br /><br />To everyone who had such a problem with me and decided to call me names and insult me, who's laughing now? ;) Want to know something about my character? My shop teacher has a HUGE waiting list of cars that need to get done at school. My teacher and I are on such good terms and I get so much work done in shop, all I had to do was tell him what happened, and without question the camrey was the first priority and everything else is on hold. . . . I rest my case.

Dunaruna

Admiral

Did the overheat cause any headgasket damage (the camry)?

11 footer

Lieutenant

don't know yet, but I don't think it did, it was only 2 miles from home, and the temp gauge was wasn't all the way pegged untill i reached my driveway

Wimperdink

Lieutenant Junior Grade

Wow I hadnt been back to watch this thread since there was the first 10 replys... Ryan you took a beating from most everyone here... I won't condone your actions in any way shape or form but I'm sure not going to lecture ya either. Just take it as a lesson learned fortunately the cheap way and understand the next one may not have the same results. That being said.. People... look back at your adolescent years... I'll bet every single one of you has a sneaky lil story you can tell about something stupid you've done at that age. I personally should have been dead about 5 times over and I snuck through them too. Funny thing about age... ya get more responsible and realize how lucky you were, and you knock it off. Ryan will learn in his own ways and will probably do a few more burnouts and have a few more accidents in his due time but its really no diff than what you've been through in your own years. Just offer your facts, wish him well and let him handle it. Like he has and luckily scraped by. :) Good luck on your repairs Ryan. Glad it worked out for ya. Hope this has been an eye opener for you. :p

POINTER94

Vice Admiral

Just a note. My brother got busted by a cop doing 75 in a 25 zone. The cop knew my dad and let my brother off with a warning. But he called my dad to let him know what happened. My dad asked the cop what the fine was and what the points would have done to his driving license. The fine was 3-4 hundred dollars (big bucks in 1981)and loss of driving for a year.<br /><br />My dad took away his license for a year and made him pay him something like 350 bucks to my dad which he, years later (like 6 years) used to pay off his student loan. And you were afraid of what your dad would do to you? Come on over for dinner and meet my dad. Responsibility was clearly laid out before any of us boys ever drove a car and it was played out, regardless of what the cops did. And failure to adhere had real consequences. Regardless if you were able to sidestep or not.<br /><br />You are a lucky, very lucky boy, Ryan.<br /><br />FYI, my bro got put on work detail (grounding -with a sweat) for a month for failing to tell my dad what had happened. In reality I think that upset my dad more than the speeding. Trust is a difficult thing to regain once lost.<br /><br />Oh yea, I agree, if you were driving your bronco, there wouldn't be much left of the blazer. I bounced off a bridge railing in a snowstorm with mine going about 40mph and you would be hard pressed to even know it or find where I hit it.

Barbee Q

Chief Petty Officer

Good job Ryan and sorry for the long motherly lectures and maybe some not so good advise.. You did well and stayed with it..<br />You are on your way to being a better adult than I thought and more responsibly than most adults.. I'm sure your dad also had alot to do with it too..<br />Sorry about the negativaty I gave you..<br />Good luck....

jsfinn

Lieutenant Junior Grade

I kind of feel bad for Ryan...he sort of turned into the Iboats mascott over this post ... everyone is looking out for him when all he was looking for is a couple of "Wow man, that sucks."

Barbee Q

Chief Petty Officer

Originally posted by Link:<br /> Barbara Dee<br />Well I have corrected my spelling but You still have the Goose! :D <br />You can't see it today but we are starting to get some much needed rain up here.<br />Repo a boat?? I swear I made that last payment! Stay away! ;) <br />Eastern or Western Wa? It's like being in two different countries. West of the cascades we get very little snow but a lot of rain. On the East side it's a desert in the summer and a lot of snow and ice in the Winter.
Your a funny guy.. <br />I can't get rid of the goose I raised her since she was about 2weeks old. If it makes you feel any better Her full name is linkavick. Link for short..<br />I am actually going to Or.. I really can't disclose the area. But I'm a ride along.<br />Not to toot my own horn, but I sold a car to neighbor and he didn't make his payment. Retained lein papers made a phone calls to the police that i was in route. A-hole locked it up and I chained it out of his driveway with my 4-wheel drive. Hooked back up to the dolly and ramped it under the front tires. Locked tires down and I was gone.. I don't know what was funnier.. The neighbors with their eyes wide open watching me or the A-hole chasing me down the road on foot with a toy bb-gun.. I bought a cheap slimjim and the thing got stuck in the door.. What sucked was having to cut my own brake line to the rear hubs..<br />I resold the car after holding it for 30 days plus another 15.. I made about 100 bucks more..<br />I thought there has to be an easier way to have fun or make money..