Got in a car accident

D

DJ

Re: Got in a car accident

Ryan,<br /><br />First things first.<br /><br />1. You DON'T have a driving record, not with a six month old license.<br /><br />2. YOU messed up. FACE IT.<br /><br />3. It is the other drivers COMPLETE privelege to file a report.<br /><br />4. You're going to have to face the LUMPS.<br /><br />5. I don't like this whole: "My buddy this, My buddy that" thing you all do in the Northeast. Under the table negotiations NEVER net a good result. Stand tall and take it.<br /><br />On a side note.<br /><br />I can't believe $2,200.00 for an older Bronco, even at your age. Did you ever think about getting out of that God forsaken state? My son, never paid more than $1,300.00 for a GT Mustang-full coverage. He's since wised up and got an older F-150. Cut the bill in half.

ZmOz

Captain

Originally posted by Ryan T.:<br /> No offence guys, but your blowing this out of porporsion.
I agree 110%. IT WAS JUST A LITTLE FENDER BENDER! Settle down guys! He's handling it! He's not running away. He could have flipped the lady off and drove away, and that would have been the end of it. Instead he's working with the lady to get her whatever she wants. And she's willingly working with them. Whether that's illegal or not, WHO CARES! It's none of your business and it's working out fine.<br /><br />As for having another passenger in the car...how many people here waited 6 months after getting their license before driving friends around? :rolleyes:

oddjob

Commander

Er ...I waited until I was in Okinawa, where I got my first lic.(sp)

D

DJ

ZmOz wrote:<br /><br />
Instead he's working with the lady to get her whatever she wants. And she's willingly working with them. Whether that's illegal or not, WHO CARES! It's none of your business and it's working out fine.<br />
It should have been handled-at the scene. After the fact spells guilt and trying to "subdue" the consequences and blame. In other words, the "New" American way.<br /><br />Your right, it's none of my business, but, I offered MY OPINION as to the "right" way to do things. My opinion is just that-opinion. It will not be heeded.

Barbee Q

Chief Petty Officer

Ryan take pictures of your car just incase she does put a claim. Save all your parts and receipts. This will save you just incase she files a claim and there is an investigation. That way they can't try to claim you tried to cover it up.<br />The insurance adjusters get a little upset when someone has fixed the car before a filing. But that is just incase she files.. You have a few days to do so. Call you DMV and find out.. It really can't hurt at this point..<br />Ladies are like a tornador and you never know what direction they will go until its to late..

txswinner

Banned

First, What is this if my Dad knew the whole truth. Sit down now with Dad and tell him you want to correct yourself and tell him the whole truth.<br /><br />Second, Yes you are lucky, what if your friend or some else was killed.<br /><br />Third, Learn from this, remember to be honest and life will be easier. You may get in trouble but at least your Dad will be able to trust in what you tell him.

cpj

Ensign

Crap! I cant believe it but I have to agree with txs winner.JK no, I didnt shoot my dog. That would be a coyote.

f_inscreenname

Commander

Ryan<br /> I drove from Bar Harbor to New Jersey on the 8th. I live in Maryland but stooped at moms for the night because of rain was a nightmare. There was many times that I-95 was flooded and hitting a large puddle at 60mph was no fun. Being on a winding dark road with as much experience you have in that rain was not a good thing. But water under the bridge. At least you didn't go to jail like my first accident (not my fault but it was when they found out I was 15 with no license). Like said before, It is just stuff. It will sting for awhile until you get it sorted out but you will make it through.<br /> You got my support. Been there, done that.

Haut Medoc

Supreme Mariner

Jeez, CPJ....I must have imbibed more than I thought I did! :D :D ...JK

djzyla1980

Chief Petty Officer

I have stated this in my last post... and seem that many people agree to it... so I will say it again.... you have a 2200 yearly premium... Use the Insurance for something... Just because you state that it is your fault... let them battle it out. Might be considered a no fault accident... then leaving each to battle there own fixes... You pay them, get your monies worth. Plus in a month or so when someone involved comes to and says they needed medical help.. you can simply refer them to the agent... let them AGAIN do their work. <br /><br />If I was an insurance agent... I would try to find as many people out there like you... I could make my company 2200 a year and not worry about loosin any of it... cause yourself will handle it all at the time, and in the future.. Not just acting like it never happened.. but when they want things done it will come out of your pocket not mine.

ZmOz

Captain

Originally posted by Dave J Z:<br />you have a 2200 yearly premium... Use the Insurance for something...
Then he'll have a $2500+ yearly premium.

11 footer

Lieutenant

Right, and a black mark on my record. I get two of those in a year and I loose my licence, so another accident or a speeding ticket and I'm screwed.<br /><br />If it wasn't 100% my fault I would have gone threw insurance, but sometimes you just gotta know when your wong and deal with it. Its not like I've been paying $2200 a year for a long time and they've made lots of money off me. I haven't had my licence long, and have been paying the minumal payment every mounth, so the insurance company doesn't "own" me anything.

djzyla1980

Chief Petty Officer

yeah... but that $300 extra might be worth it if mom, granny, and the kids start havin med probs. One's check in the docs office will cost him more then that. <br /><br />The kid F'ed up... least I would think he would want to know a bit of piece of mind, and take one responsible action. Then again if pop's wallet is big enough why should he care. <br /><br />But what do I know...

11 footer

Lieutenant

Did I mention you guys are blowing this whole thing out of porposion?<br /><br />I'm gone checking this thread untill I find out what the lady is going to do, and I will know by tomorow. You guys are gonna drive me crazy

cpj

Ensign

Is spelling a required course at your high school?

theriver

Petty Officer 1st Class

Ryan takes his demolition derby to the streets...

stan_deezy

Lieutenant Commander

Originally posted by cpj:<br /> JK no, I didnt shoot my dog. That would be a coyote.
:eek: :eek: :eek: <br /><br />I ain't moving to the States: not if coyotes carry guns too :eek: <br /><br /><br /> :D ;) :p

Link

Rear Admiral

Originally posted by theriver:<br /> Ryan takes his demolition derby to the streets...
ROFLOL that was GOOD! ;)

Link

Rear Admiral

Double post but Rayan <br />Never listen to Barb! She has a stupid GOOSE Named LINK for G*ds Sake! The Gal is NUTS! ;)

oddjob

Commander

Awh.....Ryan's spelling has improved much over the years....