Getting Excited...

bspeth

Senior Chief Petty Officer
Re: Getting Excited...

got two days on the calendar next week for maint. New style shift shaft bushing and glue in big oring(missed it).rewire trailer ,check bearings,and a full tune including coil for the engine,plan to splash it on the 17th.

Last edited:

Idlespeedonly

I get about 10 mpg towing mine. I can get a little better if I get behind a big truck. I usually roll around 60-65 in a 70mph limit on I40. I can roll 70-75 easy but it costs me. My truck would be screamin pretty loud going over Monteagle.

southkogs

Staff member

I get a solid 15-18 mpg towing and only about 55 miles each way for me.
That's about right for mine too - I've got the RAM 2500 with the 5.7L / boat weighs in about 3,000#. Though to Priest is less than 15 miles for me.

bajaunderground

Lieutenant

Okay, so I did re-splash yesterday...

Left around 11:15am from the house after running on muffs for about 10 minutes.

Had the portside tire blow-out Southbound lane at about 75mph...got out jack and started jacking the trailer up...along came about a 50ish female asking if I wanted to use her 1ton floor jack...initially I declined, but decided it would be faster. She grabbed it and started jacking...I'm pretty sure had I got out of her way it would've been faster! The spare only had 20psi in it, so she decided he would take it to the closest gas station (15 miles) and add air. Flash forward 45 minutes later, we're back on the road and kept speeds are 60-65mph...

Had some planing issues and top speed (WOT) issues, which is why I wanted to go out before I took the whole family...

Here are few pics from the dock.

bspeth

Tell us the rest of the story about the 50ish female we don't care about your planing issues unless they were caused by 50ish double Ds in the front of the boat.

Last edited:

redneck joe

Supreme Mariner

Tell us the rest of the story about the 50ish female we don't care about your planing issues unless they were caused by 50ish double Ds in the front of the boat.

yeah, that. You had a cougar onya?

popcorn.gif

bajaunderground

Lieutenant

She was a neighborly sort, welder by trade and a grandmother of 3...Let's say the tire was re-inflated and no money changed hands!

Seriously, she was just being nice and helped out a stranger in need (clearly)...you guys have dirty minds...we need summer...badly!

bspeth

and now... the rest of the story please? yep summer will be a welcome feeling. Pics next time though?

redneck joe

Supreme Mariner

coffee in hand, making my list of final to do's and to take's hope to pull out around 2pm. 2 hour drive if we get there soon enough splash and over to the marina (where we used to have the big boat moored at) for the weekend. Tonight at a friends house then a day of cruising tomorrow!

redneck joe

Supreme Mariner

tires aired up (including spare don't want ^^^^ that having to stop and help.
snap in carpet installed inside and out (I hate 5200)
cleaned the inside of the windows in the cabin
put in back bench seat I made last fall
seafoam and heet added to the (about) 40 gal of fuel
took the bimini out (won't need this weekend)
charged batteries overnight
engine turns over strong (I'll start at ramp but it was running this week)
loaded all my music on phone
re-installed speakers (out with panels for new shift cables)
tested radio with phone (Floyd, Wish You Were Here)
checked for dock lines
new hub and bearing on last week
hooked to truck
tested tilt and trim
trailer lights tested

images

Idlespeedonly

I always run mine on the hose to be safe. It is about 1 1/2 hours to the water for me.