Getting Excited...

agallant80

Commander
Im getting excited for the beaning of boating season. Have spent lots of time this winter working on the boat making her mine. There are only a few projects left which I should get done today and next weekend. After that first trip up the ICW for the season is planned. Can't wait.

southkogs

Staff member
Re: Getting Excited...

Got two more trips in the next few weeks, but the boat is ready to go when I get back. Kids are already asking, and the retriever is chomping at the bit!

gtochris

Senior Chief Petty Officer

Count me in. Our water is still low and largely frozen however we can't wait to hit the water.

MH Hawker

Vice Admiral

I am in fact sitting here waking up and heading out today. I dropped mine in a bit over a week ago and have been out twice for short runs, but today is the first real trip out, my grand son has all ready called just to make sure we are going and he gave grand maw a detailed list of what he has packed in his back pack.

Slip Away

Lieutenant

Not too excited yet, with 2 foot thick ice on the lake still. I'll start getting excited when we have 3 days in a row with temp's above 42 degrees. Hasn't happened yet.

woosterken

Lieutenant

must be nice :( first full day of spring (yea right) woke up to 2" to 3" of snow in n.e. ohio BLAH!!

coolbri70

Lieutenant Commander

going tomorrow, hope the logs have cleared up so I can launch:pray2:

gstrom11

Petty Officer 3rd Class

I'm with everyone who talked about the ice... & snow.. Boats ready to go though!

Scott Danforth

Grumpy Vintage Moderator still playing with boats
Staff member

Getting excited as well...... then again I have been out a few times this year.

Have to wait about a week. painting and re-sealing the drive this coming week

redneck joe

Supreme Mariner

headed to the lake sat and sun..

image001-3.png

southkogs

Staff member

^^^ Which are you headed to Joe? Tim's Ford?

redneck joe

Supreme Mariner

no sir Guntersville for the weekend. Friends Bday and they just bought a new house so they want to show it off. Plus that's where we kept our big boat and all my buddies want to see the work I've done on the Carver.

Tim's next week or two if I get a good weekend or if I'm working from home maybe play hooky in the afternoon with a quick trip to Normandy. I do want to get to Center Hill and Percy this year - never been on either of those.

coolbri70

Lieutenant Commander

I finally got no the river above dam 4 Saturday :whoo: mid 60s, everything was awesome, run the big motor to the shallow, then the kicker all the way to dam 5 and floated back down the river about half way using the troller to keep in the middle, then back to the big motor to get back before it got too late, the admiral was getting cold:drama: glad I have outboards as it is freezing again. had today off work so I went to the dmv and got my stickers for 3 more years

Last edited:

Idlespeedonly

Senior Chief Petty Officer

no sir Guntersville for the weekend. Friends Bday and they just bought a new house so they want to show it off. Plus that's where we kept our big boat and all my buddies want to see the work I've done on the Carver.

Tim's next week or two if I get a good weekend or if I'm working from home maybe play hooky in the afternoon with a quick trip to Normandy. I do want to get to Center Hill and Percy this year - never been on either of those.
I went to Percy a few years ago, man is that place ever rocky(at least where i was). We usually go to the Tn river. I dug ours out this weekend, cleaned it up, waxed it, fixed a couple things that I have been putting off. I put the muffs on let it run for a little bit. I was contemplating if I had enough time to make a run. But I decided not to cause the level is still pretty low. Maybe next month.:pout:

onewhippedpuppy

Petty Officer 2nd Class

I've been itching ever since buying a new (used) boat last month. To scratch said itch I've had the boat out for a full interior detail, trailer maintenance, and its currently having a new custom cover made. After the temps are consistently above freezing we plan to take it out, even if the water is cold and we can only have a picnic. C'mon summer!

Natesms

Chief Petty Officer

I summerized Saturday, snowing today. Got to love the midwest. Next weekend though 70's and sunshine. Now I just have to get that starboard motor running...I think she hates the cold as much as the rest of us!

redneck joe

Supreme Mariner

I went to Percy a few years ago, man is that place ever rocky(at least where i was). We usually go to the Tn river. I dug ours out this weekend, cleaned it up, waxed it, fixed a couple things that I have been putting off. I put the muffs on let it run for a little bit. I was contemplating if I had enough time to make a run. But I decided not to cause the level is still pretty low. Maybe next month.:pout:

that's the nice thing about Guntersville it's really stable on its levels and Tims, even when low is nice and deep.