Gentlemen, we need to talk. Sorry Ladies

POINTER94

Vice Admiral
I would like to point out that monday is valentines day. Idea's, suggestions? Stuffed animals just get in the way, flowers die, candies make her fat, jewelry is expensive and better at christmas, what are some stategies that have worked for you guys in the past?<br /><br />The best idea I can come up with is a pizza delivered to her at work with something spelled out in pepperoni.<br /><br />HELP :p :D

Tinkerer

Senior Chief Petty Officer
Re: Gentlemen, we need to talk. Sorry Ladies

I'm not really qualified to comment here as I'm not a gentleman. My wife, however, is a lady.<br /><br />You can't go past a big bunch of flowers and and a genuine handwritten "I love you because ..." card delivered to her at work. <br /><br />All the other sheilas won't get one. They go absolutely ape with sheila envy and tell her how lucky she is to have such a wonderful, sensitive bloke. They do all the work for you. By the end of the day she thinks she's sooooooooo lucky to be shackled to a beer-swilling slob like me.<br /><br />Then she comes home and reality hits her. <br /><br />Still, she was happy for a while.

roscoe

Supreme Mariner

Didn't you just get married, or are about to? <br />Oh boy, you better make it good. :) <br /><br />Sybarus pool suite hotel overnite. With dinner, drink, brunch, and massages, ofcourse.<br /><br />How about a new chartplotter? :eek: <br /><br />a puppy? :D <br /><br />Ofcourse alot depends on the budget, $50 - $100 - $200 - $400 - $800 ??<br />And what you two have for a history as far as gift giving goes.

POINTER94

Vice Admiral

Roscoe,<br /><br />We bought a house less than a month ago and funds are more than a little tight. ($25-50) FYI, I have a two year old golden retriever, and I am still in need of therapy. (the thing is touched in the head)<br /><br />I was married in September and have provided more than my share of flowers, jewelry, meals and trips to the day spa. And she deserves them all and then some. But broke is broke. 5 days after moving in we got about 7-9 inches of snow. I went the shovel route. <br /><br />I think missing valentines day would be worse than missing her birthday. God I hate halmark holidays. Feb. 14 12 roses $90. March 28, 12 roses $38. Thats why I take the March 28th route and throw in a June 2nd and pocket the 14 bucks to boot. <br /><br />Perfume works but who knows if she would like it. Balloons, I use those when I think I might be sofa city. What she really needs is a new belt sander or a chip for the chartplotter. They just don't look very good gift wrapped. I have made it clear over our three years together (dating) that the hallmark holidays rub me the wrong way. With that said - who care's what I think. They want gifts. Publically if possible.<br /><br />This holiday is made for making us men look like dog doo. GRRRRRR.

12Footer

Fleet Admiral

Candies make her fat...But you best pick up a heart-shaped box, and place a "Pointer's general warning" card on it. <br />Warn her, "This box of choclates contains as many callories as love. If they make you fat, then you got fat on love. And the pointer's general states that you can only have one box per year".<br />Or something to that effect. <br />I overheard my wife say on the phone to her sister, paraphrased,"I hope it's a heart shaped box of those Hershey's gold choclate-only pieces in it..I LOVE Those things.....Well, he wont.....Because he knows I'm trying to watch my wieght...I don't care, it's vallentine's day!"<br />I am having trouble finding "hershey's Gold" hearts, but if there is such a thing,I'll find it by Wednesday...If not, I'll buy some gold ribbon, and strap a bunch of hershey's gold candy bars together,by golly!!<br />Vermont Teddy bears cant miss iether...but they are also 80.00 each! I love her and all, but you can't eat a teddy bear.

Link

Rear Admiral

POINTER POINTER POINTER<br />Let me fill you in on a little secert. I went through all that crapola the first time around..to many darn days to remember and once you do it the first time herself will expect it the next year & every year after! And G*D forbid if you should forget any one of them!<br /><br />This time around 23 years this summer. <br />A gift (no card) on Christmas<br />A Card and gift on her birthday..<br /><br />Thats it! <br /><br />No anniversary<br />No V-Day<br />No St Pat day<br />No any other day<br />No Special occasions<br /><br />Don't get me wrong here. During the year I give her gifts and cards.. But never on a certian day to be remembered the next year! Start no patterns with WOMEN! They NEVER forget! :) <br /><br />23 years later and I haven't forgotten even once! ;) <br /><br />IE: I think I posted this here once.. Two years ago herself, her mom and I were spending a 3 day weekend at the cabin. Saturday night I had to drive into town and came back out early Sunday morning. Saw a flower vendor on the side of a country road.. thought to myself she might really like some of them in those fancey jars.. all made up pretty like<br />Besides I'm just really happy with our life together and wanted to buy them for her.<br /><br />Walked into the cabin and handed them to her..<br />A look of Horror came onto her face and she said What did you do! I remember the last time you gave me flowers!<br /><br />Her mom who was sitting in front of the fireplace started laughing so hard she rolled over on the floor! My jaw dropped to the ground!<br />Then we all got a good laugh!<br />Seems that 21 years earlier I had really messed up once and brought her flowers! :eek: <br /><br />Just my .02 on it. :D :D

SpinnerBait_Nut

Honorary Moderator Emeritus

A singing balloon gram. Works every time. Well does for me anyway.

NYMINUTE

Captain

I got a singing Gorilla one year to deleiver flowers and candy. Proceeded to scare the begibbers out of the residents (nursing home0<br />she cares for. Got spanked for that prank. Still limping.

gaugeguy

Captain

Send her a strip-o-gram, she'll be all wound up for ya when you get home ;)

LadyFish

Admiral

Keep em comin, I gettin a charge outta this.
6.gif

SpinnerBait_Nut

Honorary Moderator Emeritus

Once again proves blondes can't follow directions. :p

tylerin

Commander

Buy a tree, or roses you can plant. something to plant in your yard of your new house. Thats what I do and my wife loves them. Watch it grow

mattttt25

Commander

just tell her to relax on monday evening. you cook a nice dinner, doesn't have to be fancy or expensive. enjoy dinner together. then tell her to go relax some more and you clean up. then you tuck her in...

kenimpzoom

Rear Admiral

Man, I am lucky I married a foreigner. We barely make any deal about these stupid hollidays. I already bought her a 12 dollar candy thing for her Welcome Home present. Good enough.<br /><br />Cold hard cash always works with my bride.<br /><br />Ken

Mr.Ladyfish

Master Chief Petty Officer

I'm thinking about getting LF a Floscan system for the boat. What do y'all think?

LadyFish

Admiral

Whats a "Floscan?"
7.gif
<br /><br />And Spinner, I'm gonna get you for that. :p

gaugeguy

Captain

Originally posted by Mr.Ladyfish:<br /> I'm thinking about getting LF a Floscan system for the boat. What do y'all think?
YOU should enjoy that :D

tylerin

Commander

Spinnerrrrrr!!!!!, do something she won't stop :p

Fly Rod

Commander

:) The heck with roses!!! to expensive!! go to supermarket and get one of them 12 dollar bouquets on sale for 6 bucks!!!! Wisk her off her feet and put a gleam in eye!!!! ;) :cool: <br />Oh, almost forgot, go to the store day after valentines and get one of them 6 dollar cards for a buck and save till next year!!!! :D

jsfinn

Lieutenant Junior Grade

A plant for the new house sounds good to me.. Maybe a "romantic candle lit picnic dinner" in the living room cooked by you. Flowers are always good too, but roses are such a scam this time of year ... I bet you can get a something else nice for $30 or so - tell the florist what you want for the money you want to spend. They won't let you leave with something that doesn't look nice.