Gentlemen, we need to talk. Sorry Ladies

SpinnerBait_Nut

Honorary Moderator Emeritus
Re: Gentlemen, we need to talk. Sorry Ladies

Originally posted by tylerin:<br /> Spinnerrrrrr!!!!!, do something she won't stop :p
See and won't learn neither.<br />Mr. LF said he bought her books and sent her to school, but she's still a blonde. :p

Bigfun

Petty Officer 1st Class

1. Buy her a card. After she reads it make sure you put the card away in your secrete used card spot to be used next year.<br />2. Put a few honey do list in the card, you know, stuff you are going to do anyway.<br />3.Buy her something that you are going to have to buy anyway, cleaning products, bathroom supplies, car wash coupons etc.<br />4. A hug/grope.<br /> Most importantly you need to train her to have low expectations of you in the gift giving area. The time for romance ended in sept. It's time to get serious about your marrage now. Good luck.

KaGee

Admiral

"How about a new chartplotter?"<br /><br />Works for me! :p <br /><br />Note to Mr. LF: RE: Floscan...Does her fluids need monitoring?? :p <br /><br />Get her a gift card for a free "Blinker Fluid" change.

dolluper

Captain

Take her out to dinner [not Mcdonalds unless buget] and hand a mushee card at the table pick a corner table where her back is to the wall and you have to look at her or the wall nothing else Give her all your attention [it's hard but try] This way you kill to birds with one stone she doesn't have to cook {you don't either] you pay so much attention she is impressed she will reward you for at least 24 more hours [give or take hours]and br BRAVE tell her you love her when she opens the mussee card Worked for years GO FIGURE Geez's I actually let this out

kenimpzoom

Rear Admiral

My wife would get mad at me for spending that much money of flowers.<br /><br />She would much mroe prefer jewlry, even cheap stuff.<br /><br />Ken

gaugeguy

Captain

Seriously, I usually put IOU's in my wife's card that she can redeem throughout the year...Stuff like:<br />IOU a romantic home cooked meal<br />IOU a half hour back rub<br />IOU a weekend away (without the kids)<br /><br />And corny stuff like that. She loves it cause she thinks she is in CONTROL :p

SpinnerBait_Nut

Originally posted by gaugeguy:<br /> Seriously, I usually put IOU's in my wife's card that she can redeem throughout the year...Stuff like:<br />IOU a romantic home cooked meal<br />IOU a half hour back rub<br />IOU a weekend away (without the kids)<br /><br />And corny stuff like that. She loves it cause she thinks she is in CONTROL :p
And she's not looking at this right now either. :D

eeboater

Commander

Anyone listen to Glenn Beck? He had a guy call who had a pretty good idea. If I had more time I would do it. <br /><br />First, take out an ad in the local newspaper. Circle the ad with red majic marker in a big red heart. Tell her that her gift is in the paper and leave. On the ad, tell your wife to go to the local florist and tell them her name. She gets to the local florist and they give her a dozen roses and another card. The card tells her to go to Victorias Secret. She gets there, gets some slinky kind of deal, and gets another card telling her to go to a hotel that you have pre-chosen. She gets to the hotel and the front desk gives her a key. She goes to the room and you are waiting there with a bottle of champange!<br /><br />Sean

KRS

Banned

Bubble bath<br /><br />Candles<br /><br />Aromatic shampoo and conditioner (herbal essences)<br /><br />Bottle of sparkling cider<br /><br />A brand new plush towel<br /><br />And time alone (til she's clean then ;) )

spratt

Lieutenant

Originally posted by POINTER94:<br /> I think missing valentines day would be worse than missing her birthday.
Ahem...cough, cough...sir, that may be true at your house, but I forgot my wife's birthday...once...in 27 years, can you believe it, and this is not a joke, sire...I thought a divorce was in line!!! This happened about two years ago, after 25 years of marriage, and it has not been forgotten (the incident) since...neither has the birthday. We have never done anything special on Valentine day, per mutual agreement. I get here flowers on days when I think she needs it, and her moods are like an open book, so it isn't hard to know when they are needed...also, every month I know when the chocolate is due...I ma so glad that public holidays do not dictate my pocketbook!!!

tylerin

Commander

Originally posted by eeboater:<br /> Anyone listen to Glenn Beck? He had a guy call who had a pretty good idea. If I had more time I would do it. <br /><br />First, take out an ad in the local newspaper. Circle the ad with red majic marker in a big red heart. Tell her that her gift is in the paper and leave. On the ad, tell your wife to go to the local florist and tell them her name. She gets to the local florist and they give her a dozen roses and another card. The card tells her to go to Victorias Secret. She gets there, gets some slinky kind of deal, and gets another card telling her to go to a hotel that you have pre-chosen. She gets to the hotel and the front desk gives her a key. She goes to the room and you are waiting there with a bottle of champange!<br /><br />Sean
Fast asleep I might add ;)

jsfinn

Lieutenant Junior Grade

Oh yea, another thing my girl likes is anything from Bath and Body Works (it's some girly soap/lotion store in this area).<br /><br />She was complaining that her hands are dry, so I got her hand lotion and soap with lotion in it.<br /><br />She likes the bath soap stuff too. <br /><br />All that stuff comes in a million "flavors". I've found that the "flavor" doesn't matter, she likes it if it's a color that she likes, so I try to buy the pink and purple ones! :)

SpinnerBait_Nut

Yea that stuff is good jsfinn.<br />Whoops!!! hehehehe :D <br /><br />I mean for the ladies.

D

DJ

What every woman wants? TIME! Your undivided attention, for a day.

dolluper

Captain

Yhea DJ I agree and I also said that but you have to admit it,s easier to go to the dentist :D :D

roscoe

Supreme Mariner

Ok Pointer. <br /><br />A cheap pair of handcuffs (symbolic ?) and a certificate to be her "Slave for a Day". Delivered to the office just to get the gals talking. Might say something like: "You hold the Key to My Heart, and My Hands" wink wink !!<br /><br /><br />****** My brother-in-law bought my sister a charm bracelet, each valentines day, a new charm.<br /><br />Points to remember. Make it something she can keep - sentimental. <br />And most importantly, its about spending some time with her.<br /><br />I hope one of these ideas works for you.<br /><br />I totally agree with keeping these "mandated" gift days under control. I don't buy flowers around these days, and I don't give candy. Always something out of the ordinary.

roscoe

Supreme Mariner

Yeah right capt kidd.<br />They are the biggest scam of them all.<br />And way out of my budget too.

JamesCoste

Chief Petty Officer

Here is what I did for our 10th anniversary this past July.<br /><br />Message in a Bottle<br />I got a set of 3 crystal bottles from Kirklands for less than $10. They had corked tops on them and each had a ceramic flower on it. Put your own message (a poem on the internet, for instance. You borrow it, tweak it to personalize it, print it out on funny paper, etc.) in one of the bottles. Instead of a poem, write a list of things you like about your wife. on small individual slips of paper and let her read one a day for a while until you run out. The more the better (duh!)...<br /><br />Roses <br />I went to a Publix (grocery store) and bought 12 roses for $18 and it included a vase. They were as good as any florist! <br /><br />Presents <br />I got her a wooden box (10" deep x 18" wide x 8" tall) from Kirklands as well. Inside it were three "little" boxes in it. In each of them, I had small gifts (perfumed soap, candy, movie tickts).<br /><br />When we arrived at the restaurant, my waiter (who I met and tipped earlier in the day) had the bottle with the message in it on our table. My wife opened it and was shocked. When the drink order came out, so did a nice card. When the entree came out, so did the roses. When the desert came out, so did the wooden box.<br /><br />Walking out of the restaurant was one of the happiest women in the restaurant as all of the other women looked on with awe.<br /><br />My wife decided to stay married to me another year. :cool: I've got to top that next year. :rolleyes:

LadyFish

Admiral

Okay, sorry pointer.....I can't stand it anymore. <br />I have to chime in. Don't you guys want a gals <br />opinion?<br /><br />It's never about the cost of the gift. It's<br /> always about the thought and sentiments <br />behind it. However, most of the time its not about<br /> a gift at all. It's about making her feel special<br /> in a romantic way.<br /><br />Kiss her like you mean it.<br />Tell her you love her, REALLY love her.<br />Give her your undivided attention for as long as <br />you are together this Valentine's day.<br />Say something sweet that makes her feel beautiful <br />and appreciated. Be genuine when you say it too.<br /><br />Do something she would never expect you to do, <br />like put the dang toilet seat down or something <br />for a whole day. :p But even better<br /> would be something as simple as drawing her a <br />bath, lighting some candles and soft music and a <br />glass of wine. Spreading rose pedals on the bed <br />while she's in the tub.<br /><br />Or, try preparing or picking up dinner for the two<br /> of you and a nice bottle of wine and flowers. <br />Just don't sit there in your chair with the remote<br /> while you eat it. Make it a special dinner with <br />candles and soft music.<br /><br />Flowers and a card is still always a sure bet. But<br /> why not buy an unusual or rare rose bush or <br />flowering shrub or tree like tylerin suggested. <br />Something that will last like your love for her <br />(put that in the card).<br /><br />The most important thing to remember is....in <br />order to be truly romantic you must give her your <br />undivided attention and make her feel like you are<br /> thrilled to be doing it.<br /><br />This day for us is all about romance. No reason to<br /> overdo it. Just do it.<br /><br />Sorry, I just couldn't stand it anymore. You guys <br />floundering around wonderin what to do. A few of <br />you guys were certainly on the right track and <br />your wives are lucky to have you. :) <br /><br />P.S. Next Tuesday on Ebay there will be a never <br />used flow meter or whatever its called....<br />.<br />.<br />.<br />.<br /> dirt cheap. :p <br /><br />P.S.S. Mr. LF, if you do any of my aforementioned<br />suggestions you are in deep doodoo for not being <br />original. :p ;) :D