Funny "TLC needed" boat ads on Craigslist.

Brian 26

Chief Petty Officer
Re: Funny "TLC needed" boat ads on Craigslist.

We all love the old pictures with the cover on ad, well this guy took the time to take half the cover off. Bonus points for the 300 yards away picture with him not wearing a shirt.

2001 Mastercraft X-9

scipper77

Commander

I think I know what the down payment is on the new, bigger boat he wants :rolleyes:

It is OBO, so is $750 a too low, low ball #? :facepalm:

Yes, That boat with galvinazed trailer, electric trolling motor and a good running 15 hp motor should bring at least $1,000. Some markets it could go as high as $1500 or more. It's a nice setup, just not worth anywhere near 3k. I'd drop a grand on that with no issues whatsoever as long as the motor has good compression and the lower unit doesn't need to be resealed.

Alan Lloys

Petty Officer 3rd Class

$2,800 for a 19' 1988 boat without engine !!
Posted picture seems to be a picture taken from a magazine or brochure.
I think it would be closer to $ 280 for it than the $ 2,800 :)

1988 19ft Sea Ray

Here is the text in case it disappears:

1988 Seville 19FT Sea Ray Bow Rider and Trailer. Really Nice Condition inside and out. Has Sundeck, etc. The V-6 Engine is gone, but has the complete out-drive in it. Just need to drop a new engine in it. The boat is stored inside so it is nice and dry. Picture isn't the best, and it doesn't do the boat justice. Please Call 920-572-XXXX, Vince. Thanks for looking.

Last edited:

tallcanadian

Captain

$2,800 for a 19' 1988 boat without engine !!
Posted picture seems to be a picture taken from a magazine or brochure.
I think it would be closer to $ 280 for it than the $ 2,800 :)

1988 19ft Sea Ray

Here is the text in case it disappears:

1988 Seville 19FT Sea Ray Bow Rider and Trailer. Really Nice Condition inside and out. Has Sundeck, etc. The V-6 Engine is gone, but has the complete out-drive in it. Just need to drop a new engine in it. The boat is stored inside so it is nice and dry. Picture isn't the best, and it doesn't do the boat justice. Please Call 920-572-XXXX, Vince. Thanks for looking.

But it ''justs'' needs an engine..Just!

jbcurt00

Staff member

Yes, That boat with galvinazed trailer, electric trolling motor and a good running 15 hp motor should bring at least $1,000. Some markets it could go as high as $1500 or more. It's a nice setup, just not worth anywhere near 3k. I'd drop a grand on that with no issues whatsoever as long as the motor has good compression and the lower unit doesn't need to be resealed.

I suspect a $1500 offer wouldn't get any better a response then a $750 offer would, so I'd lead w/ a $750 offer all the same. Not worth nearly $3K let alone more then 3K....

But this ^^^ would be why my Admiral occasionally refers to me as a Jack-Donkey :rolleyes:

dneedham

Cadet

Scorpio with a 5 speed ;)

I have one of those! Originally it was an auto, but now it is T-9 equipped! I call it the never ending project :) or is that the boat we bought a couple of years ago? :facepalm:

merkurfan

Petty Officer 3rd Class

I have one of those! Originally it was an auto, but now it is T-9 equipped! I call it the never ending project :) or is that the boat we bought a couple of years ago? :facepalm:

the factory 5 speed ones where rare birds. I drove mine in to the ground.

"that's one funny looking taurus you got there"

Maclin

Admiral

Ok...not CL. But get a load of these pics! Ready for the water TODAY!

http://pages.ebay.com/motors/link/?nav=item.view&id=281273504051

How can you really not think this is the worst way to list your boat?

Very dirty boat. Says the cover blew off, well, ok but clean it out BEFORE taking the pics, man alive.

"...usually it stays covered, but a bad storm blew cover off, hence all the leaves in the pictures..."

Then, what does THis mean...

"or for an extra 40$ i'll have the boat professional washed and waxed before pickup
as well as the interior cleaned up, seats cleaned, windshield, floor, polish any metal, and everything wiped down"

What a maroon.

Brian 26

Chief Petty Officer

Very dirty boat. Says the cover blew off, well, ok but clean it out BEFORE taking the pics, man alive.

"...usually it stays covered, but a bad storm blew cover off, hence all the leaves in the pictures..."

Then, what does THis mean...

"or for an extra 40$ i'll have the boat professional washed and waxed before pickup
as well as the interior cleaned up, seats cleaned, windshield, floor, polish any metal, and everything wiped down"

What a maroon.

That $40 he's trying to save now will end up costing him about $500 on the sale price. Hey look at the bright side, it makes it easier for guys like us to sell boats.