Funny "TLC needed" boat ads on Craigslist.

GA_Boater

Honorary Moderator Emeritus
Re: Funny "TLC needed" boat ads on Craigslist.

The Danish cruiser is really cool. It might be a challenge to do a restore on her with the old VP drive, but all it takes is a pile of cash.

LVChris

Petty Officer 2nd Class

"LEAVE A PHONE # IF YOU EMAIL OR CHUPACABRE WILL ASSUME YOU ARE SPAM AND WILL EAT YOU AND YOUR GOATS"

00y0y_5bIDrkhX4lW_600x450.jpg

ESTATE BOAT V-6 I-O COMPLETE

Looks like the chupacabre assumed the boat was spam!

bajaunderground

Lieutenant

image 1image 2image 3image 4image 5
VINTAGE BOAT - good bones, great style. Needs TLC and a motor to be ready for the lake. Bring your own trailer. CASH ONLY, PLEASE. Txt, email or call Susan at 615-496-3426.

What makes a seller an expert in what has "good bones"...can't even get a cheap trailer out of the deal...so buy the $250 bayliner and bring it by this lady's boat, pile it on top and haul it off to the local junkyard..yeah, you just spent $550...but at least you saved countless hours and add'l funds a the complete rebuilds!?

Watermann

Starmada Splash of the Year 2014

The receiver uses state of the art zip ties to lock it on your tow vehicles ball hitch.

00101_5VTxli1VnMD_600x450.jpg

Tripp Halbert

Petty Officer 1st Class

Wow, this guy destryed this boat. Bolting the trollling motor on there greatly diminished the value. Plus he says the fading on the gel coat is "only natural" after all these years. Thats strange, because I've have boats from the 70's that had wonderful paint jobs, but that means you have to actually take care of it! Also, that motor is a pre '77 model. I wonder hoe he toasted that original engine? These things really get under my skin lol. Especially with the faded gel coat thing, plus I've always had a thing for Checkmates.

that removable deck covering up the open bow is custom right? If so, thats a crafty little idea, i like it!

scipper77

Commander

that removable deck covering up the open bow is custom right? If so, thats a crafty little idea, i like it!

People do the same type of thing to run planer boards.

Also on some new fish and ski's the bow will have a removable platform so it can be configured as both an open bow and a casting deck.

jbcurt00

Staff member

Also on some new fish and ski's the bow will have a removable platform so it can be configured as both an open bow and a casting deck.
This ^^^ could be done on many open bow style boats, and done well enough to look 'right' & significantly less like a hack job.

Of course if you're screwing a raw piece of plywood down over the bow area of the boat, I don't guess you care how it looks..... I wouldn't, however, suggest this is a win in the function over form department:
01414_3SmWVUiUA1Y_600x450.jpg

At least it's easily removed......
00m0m_4yqNvK0aQoD_600x450.jpg

GA_Boater

Honorary Moderator Emeritus

OK ~~ I give up. What is "CHUPACABRE"?

Mis-spelling of:

chupacabra

chupacabra.jpg
The chupacabra ("goat sucker") is an animal said to be unknown to science and systemically killing animals in places like Puerto Rico, Miami, Nicaragua, Chile, and Mexico. The creature's name originated with the discovery of some dead goats in Puerto Rico with puncture wounds in their necks and their blood allegedly drained. According to UFO Magazine (March/April 1996) there have been more than 2,000 reported cases of animal mutilations in Puerto Rico attributed to the chupacabra.

Starcraft5834

Lieutenant Commander

CL is a beautiful place to get laughs,,, there are many jems to be found...I always laugh seeing pics of boats parked in a field uncovered with several feet of snow piled inside...once of those was listed in my area last year. I responded to the seller saying, I drive by the boat often, and clearly it's not taken care of............days later the boat was out of the field......

belairbrian

Petty Officer 1st Class

here's one I came across today

Welcraft 19 ft boat

So it's missing some rail and the seats fell over. Yeah looks like he sold off the foot but heck the motor is locked up anyway.
And no flat tires either.

At least they will take offers.