Funny "TLC needed" boat ads on Craigslist.

Campylobacter

Chief Petty Officer
Re: Funny "TLC needed" boat ads on Craigslist.

Not sure he could make a sentence without a curse word. I do know folks like that...but don't hang around them... I bet he still owns those blocks next week or month too... Who would want to go buy them from him?

Funny, I would. I'm building a boat shed and am trying to get most of the material used, and I would LOVE to find some for $1 each. I deal on Craigslist a lot, and as long I don't think I'm dealing in stolen goods I don't really judge if I'm buying material.

A boat or car, I try to stay in the "nicer" neighborhoods, they take better care of their stuff. Blocks? I don't care.

LVChris

Petty Officer 2nd Class

Here's a guesthouse listed in the boat section...

HOUSEBOAT OR GUEST HOUSE

3Kd3Lc3H45L95Ee5K3d47cc09ab38cfce1b6c.jpg

YOU COULD PAY UTILITIES AND LIVE IN IT WHERE IT SETS AND FIX IT UP HERE .TOOLS AND SUPPLIES AVAILABLE. ITS ON A NICE TANDEM AXLE TRAILER ,NO PHOTOS INSIDE

jbcurt00

Staff member

Now here's a bargain I'm sure. No leaks! 63 flying fish. mercury 40hp motor - $4800

He forgot the period after the 8. Even at $48 not sure buyers will run to him.

Sure $4800 is crazy, but $48 is crazy the other way IF you like finned 1950-60's boats. Certainly closer to $48 then $4800 though...

Problem is many see OLD boats as RARE & valuable. Old doesn't always mean either, rarely does IMHO. But I may be partial to the big fins, and I admit it does look a bit ridiculous.... But that's one of the reasons I like it.

1963 seems a tad late for fins this radical though:
3G23K33J95Kb5H15Med45634d4728860f180a.jpg

3Ge3Mc3L85I65Fa5Mcd45aecf029ff2401e79.jpg

Trailer doesn't look great either...

crabby captain john

Lieutenant Commander

Do we see an offer coming? Offer just 1 less zero and $480 it will probably yours, fins and even that great Merc 40.
Sure $4800 is crazy, but $48 is crazy the other way IF you like finned 1950-60's boats. Certainly closer to $48 then $4800 though...

Problem is many see OLD boats as RARE & valuable. Old doesn't always mean either, rarely does IMHO. But I may be partial to the big fins, and I admit it does look a bit ridiculous.... But that's one of the reasons I like it.

1963 seems a tad late for fins this radical though:
3G23K33J95Kb5H15Med45634d4728860f180a.jpg

3Ge3Mc3L85I65Fa5Mcd45aecf029ff2401e79.jpg

Trailer doesn't look great either...

jbcurt00

Staff member

Do we see an offer coming? Offer just 1 less zero and $480 it will probably yours, fins and even that great Merc 40.
Not unless I win the lottery tonight (not in it, so it's extremely unlikely I'll win it :cold:) so I can grab that 40 acres, pole barn & a mule.

Then maybe.

A really unlikely maybe: I am OFFICIALLY, 2 boats over the limit w/ SWMBO (keeper of the warm & ready frying pan) and really more like 3+ boats over the limit.

Although later in May I will be down near Charleston, in the company truck (with a trailer hitch)..... :rolleyes:

Then again, it's 'only' 2 & 1/2 hrs away........:facepalm:

tinkerguy70

Petty Officer 2nd Class

Then again, it's 'only' 2 & 1/2 hrs away........:facepalm:

You are certainly native to the state.
West Virginia....where distance is measured with units of time rather than miles.

I'll translate: "Then again, it's 'only' 2 & 1/2 hrs away........"

About 135 miles or so. ;)

jbcurt00

Staff member

You are certainly native to the state.
West Virginia....where distance is measured with units of time rather than miles. I'll translate: "Then again, it's 'only' 2 & 1/2 hrs away........" About 135 miles or so. ;)

I have to use time, w/ the whole state as my 'territory' I really don't care how many miles between cities, it's the TIME between.. At 70mph + :rolleyes: on the freeway, and 'only' 135mi +/-, it shouldn't take 2hrs to get to Charleston. Always more like 2 & 1/2hrs...

Same going to Martinsburg, Huntington & Wheeling...... And when scheduling an appt, I almost always figure the time + 30min, never the mileage. Drives me crazy to be late.

GA_Boater

Honorary Moderator Emeritus

In the old days, I knew guys who measured trips by six packs. :eek:

crabby captain john

Lieutenant Commander

I know when I leave my daughter's house in Ohio to come home if I've not made Martinsburg in 2 hours or less I've probably got my 1st speeding ticket.

tomhath

Master Chief Petty Officer

Around here (Central PA) distance is usually measured in "ways". As in "drive north a ways" is a short trip, "a pretty good ways" is a bit farther, but if you're really on a road trip it's "quite a ways". Beyond that you have to "go over the mountain" and all sense of time and distance is lost.

MTboatguy

Fleet Admiral

This one showed up in the boat section on our local CL this morning, thought it was funny!

Normal Pills (legal) - $5 (Flathead)
Are you feeling strange as of late? Have you been selling your stuff on craigslist for 20 times what it's worth? Try and sell your chair for $200, crazy right? Your table for $500, insane. Your 1985 Ford pick-up with a burnt tranny and non-working motor, $5000? Are you out of your mind? Can't figure out why your brain don't work so good?

Grab some rare all-organic "Normal Pills"
"Normal Pills" last for up to 24 hours.
"Normal Pills" will help you sell your crap for what it's worth, rather than what your crazy brain thinks it's worth.
Make more money in one day than you have all year.

Normal Pills----for all of you crazy folks who thinks your trash is worth anything.

:facepalm: