Funny "TLC needed" boat ads on Craigslist.

bob johnson

Rear Admiral
Re: Funny "TLC needed" boat ads on Craigslist.

http://hudsonvalley.craigslist.org/boa/2958896285.html

hurry hurry hurry.....for only $1800 little ones you can come yank this coral encrusted beauty out and have your own headache....!!!!!!

I mean folks how much time would it have taken to removed two or three layers of barnacles to up the chances of selling the product sooner??

bob

floatfan

Petty Officer 2nd Class

http://hudsonvalley.craigslist.org/boa/2958896285.html

hurry hurry hurry.....for only $1800 little ones you can come yank this coral encrusted beauty out and have your own headache....!!!!!!

I mean folks how much time would it have taken to removed two or three layers of barnacles to up the chances of selling the product sooner??

bob

Yikes! That thing looks rough! Figured I'd yank the photo before the ad was deleted.
crusted foot.jpg

Attachments

• crusted foot.jpg
    crusted foot.jpg
    1 KB · Views: 0

coreybv

Petty Officer 2nd Class

http://quadcities.craigslist.org/boa/2960105490.html

Yeah, great ad... Where do I start...

What year?
What's the HP on the motor?
Is it outboard or I/O?
Is it Mercruiser or Force?
Why is it being advertised in SE Iowa when it's registered in NY?
Why do I have to text you for more pics? Is this the only pic you could get of a late 80's Bayliner that wasn't complete crap?
"Good beginner's boat". Yeah, I think we all know that this means "Hunk of **** that I'm hoping to unload on someone who doesn't know enough to spot all the problems."
The boat has no steroids? WTF?

Really? It has no steroids? I never realized that steroids were an issue with used boats, and to be honest, I'm not sure whether the lack of them is a positive or a negative.

Can someone fill me in on the role that steroids play in boating?

TruckDrivingFool

Lieutenant Commander

http://quadcities.craigslist.org/boa/2960105490.html

Yeah, great ad... Where do I start...

What year?
What's the HP on the motor?
Is it outboard or I/O?
Is it Mercruiser or Force?
Why is it being advertised in SW Iowa when it's registered in NY?
Why do I have to text you for more pics? Is this the only pic you could get of a late 80's Bayliner that wasn't complete crap?
"Good beginner's boat". Yeah, I think we all know that this means "Hunk of **** that I'm hoping to unload on someone who doesn't know enough to spot all the problems."
The boat has no steroids? WTF?

Really? It has no steroids? I never realized that steroids were an issue with used boats, and to be honest, I'm not sure whether the lack of them is a positive or a negative.

Can someone fill me in on the role that steroids play in boating?

Was probably a scam since its gone already.

coreybv

Petty Officer 2nd Class

Was probably a scam since its gone already.

Well, damn. That sucks. I really thought the steroids mention in the ad was rather humorous.... :)

EDIT: Ad is back up again. No mention of the steroids this time, and he now includes the info that it's an 85hp motor. Says the motor is "great". Is it safe to assume that means it runs, or does that just mean it's nice and shiny on the outside?

"seats are damaged from sun and over the years getting sat on."

The seats have been sat on? Sorry, that's a deal breaker. I don't want anything that's been subjected to that kind of abuse.

http://quadcities.craigslist.org/boa/2960205150.html

NYBo

Admiral

Well, damn. That sucks. I really thought the steroids mention in the ad was rather humorous.... :)
Well, my Bayliner has a steroid: AM/FM/CD, auxiliary input and 4 speakers. Oh, wait... :redface:

QC

Supreme Mariner

Well I don't want to make fun of anybody's language skills. Lord knows what an add of mine would like in Spanish, but that's flippin' great!!! From now on, I am using Candy Cubin!!! Perfect :D

Last edited:

jdlough

Master Chief Petty Officer

Yeah, I gotta admit, for the price it's the nicest Candy Cubin I've seen in a while.

Mel Taylor

Chief Petty Officer

Well I don't want to make fun of anybody's language skills. Lord knows what an add of mine would like in Spanish, but that's flippin' great!!! From now on, I am using Candy Cubin!!! Perfect :D

Having lived within fifty miles of the Mexican border for over 58 of my 74 years, if the guy were speaking to me I would probably understand everything he said. Although the candy cubin might take a little figuring out. And, even though I've made a lot of fishing trips to Mexico and even owned a house there for a good many years I'm still far from fluent in Spanish. I shudder to think what any ad of mine might look like in that language.

Still in all though, the clashing and mixture of the two languages can sometimes produce some really hilarious results. Case in point: My next door neighbor once told me he had just bought a Wingauge Twelvechester shotgun. I never saw the gun but have always figured that a Wingauge Twelvechester must be some hellaciously powerful firearm.

lakelover

Rear Admiral

Funny Mel... my Russian sister-in-law went to a sewing store and wanted to buy needles and thread and she asked for "string and a knitting noodle".

Aquaman-PSD

Petty Officer 2nd Class

I have been spending a lot of time on craigslist and have notice a reoccurring theme. I don't know why it bothers me so much but when I see a post that says "my loss is your gain" I am turned off immediately! And it always seems to be accompanied by "great boat, runs awesome, has sat for three years" Hmmmm sound like I'm gaining a lot!

Beefer

Lieutenant Commander

That battery switch and the 50-mile sea to shore radio are what brings it to $2k :facepalm:

fishrdan

Admiral

Here's one that doesn't look too bad, if you want a jet drive... $500

http://lasvegas.craigslist.org/boa/2966158525.html

5I85G65M53na3G23N7c4i5301122715301bed.jpg

If I wanted another project, had the room, and wanted to dump $400 in fuel a day.....

I wonder if they will throw in a free toilet (or 2) with the deal

jbcurt00

Staff member

Archbuilder NEEDS this ^^^ boat to go w/ his other Nescher:)