Funny "TLC needed" boat ads on Craigslist.

Nandy

Commander
Re: Funny "TLC needed" boat ads on Craigslist.

This is not a boat or either funny. I wanted a gas trimmer so I hit craigslist. Most of them were from 40 to 50. There is a guy selling 3 (2 electric, one gas, all advertised as in great working order) trimmers for $40. First he wants to meet me at a gas station. I say no, I meet you at your house, this was sunday. I want to see the electric units working. Anyway, I made it to his house, he shows me the electric ones and test them for a few second each. He show me the gas one and test it for a few seconds 2. He had some problems starting it but we all know this can happen. I try it start it myself but I have a nasty cut in my right hand and had hurt it earlier so I give up quickly. Give him the money and left.
Next day I try and try to start the darn thing and all it does is start for a few seconds, just like he showed me but I thought HE was stopping it. I see the gas trimmer has a little sticker on it. In one side the sticker has a name and phone number, in the other side it has listed a couple of things "carb line" and "carburator"... I try the number and I get a voicemail. I noticed a craigslist for a similar trimmer for 25. I go and the guy tell me he has not started the darn thing is over 3 years and the mix is that old and so the plug. He tried to start it before I was there but he could not. He added that if I wanted to buy it he would give me a couple of days to return it if it would not start. I took it...
Bought the plug at wally, change mix and the thing started but with trouble. The little hose going to from the gas tank to the carb was a bit messed up and not sealing. Got one, $4.00. Trimmer is working fine now...
Now I call the first guy because the trimmer is not like he said, in perfect working condition or just dont know how to use it. By mistake I dialed the number in the sticker... I get an answer, short story, this guy owned the trimmer and he took it to a shop to get it fixed. There they told him it would cost him more to fix it than buying a $100 dollars unit. He left it in the curb and it was gone...
I call the other guy and left him a voicemail that I was having problems with the trimmer and needed to get with him. He called back later and told me he had said the trimmer needed a spark plug. I told him that was a lie and I had just talk to the guy that left the trimmer at his yard where he took it from. I told him I wanted my money back. He said he would take it to a shop and I insisted that I wanted my money. He say I had to wait until Friday because he was out of town and would not be back till then. I said ok, next day I took the trimmers with me and in my way from work I stopped at his house and there he was. Working in his truck. He was surprised and had to give me the money back...

What a crook!!!!

Vert1go

Seaman Apprentice

I always laugh at how seemingly every single outboard engine on CL or Ebay has "low hours" or was "used just once".

_chris_

Chief Petty Officer

5K for that?!?@?!?

Wow! I really have no words...

It's amazing what people think things are worth!

It's crazy My 72 Glastron is 25 times better than that one and I was hoping for 1200 out of mine.

Yreka

Seaman Apprentice

5K for that?!?@?!?

Wow! I really have no words...

It's amazing what people think things are worth!

Now it says "Asking 5k, but will take 3500" Like someone is going to come and give 3501-5000 for it.

I was recently looking at a boat in the neighborhood out on the street.. Not sure the year, but an older infamous combo of Bayliner with a Force outboard. It has been sitting outside for about 8 years, he just put a for sale sign on it..

I only looked because I happened to be walking by, asking price..... $8500. I s tarted walking away and the guy came out like a used car salesman trying to talk it up.. "It has a FORCE outboard, thats a Mercury, you know.. MERCS!!?". Didn't want to argue, just gave him the old, "I want the Force to be with me, not behind me" line and cruised on home :p

redfury

Commander

Now it says "Asking 5k, but will take 3500" Like someone is going to come and give 3501-5000 for it.

I was recently looking at a boat in the neighborhood out on the street.. Not sure the year, but an older infamous combo of Bayliner with a Force outboard. It has been sitting outside for about 8 years, he just put a for sale sign on it..

I only looked because I happened to be walking by, asking price..... $8500. I s tarted walking away and the guy came out like a used car salesman trying to talk it up.. "It has a FORCE outboard, thats a Mercury, you know.. MERCS!!?". Didn't want to argue, just gave him the old, "I want the Force to be with me, not behind me" line and cruised on home :p

Anyone foolish enough to pay that kind of money for either boat is a horrible impulse shopper, and has way too much cash willing to leave their hands... A fool and his money...blah blah blah. :rolleyes:

DavidInWilmNC

Seaman

I'm sure this could be a really funny thread. I wonder if folks realize that Craigslist and eBay ads don't last all that long on their own... even shorter if they're deleted! How about doing a copy-past of the text or even a print screen (jpg, bmp, whatever) of the ad as an attachment!

Numlaar

Chief Petty Officer

Didn't want to argue, just gave him the old, "I want the Force to be with me, not behind me" line and cruised on home :p

LOL Now thats the funniest line I have ever heard!

allpoints360

Petty Officer 1st Class

Some posters need an edumacation! lol Not the mention the boat?

19ft boston wheller - $1875 ( midway)

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Date: 2009-08-01, 9:03AM EDT
Reply to: sale-8repy-1300084925@craigslist.org [Errors when replying to ads?]

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

19ft boat motor traller , 85hp o/b johnson ,gone through 3years ago, been out 5 times in 4years.,will trade 4 p/u -912-713-7840 trailer not to good or maybe smaller boat and cash.

it's NOT ok to contact this poster with services or other commercial interests

fishrdan

Admiral

1980 19ft Nordic Pickle Fork Jet - $4500

Hard to find 19ft Nordic - all this boat needs is a the seats covered and a new drive line. It has a brand new white paint job and new carpet. Berkley jet included but is being sold less motor. Trailer is in good running condition - could use a little cosmetic work.

VERY LIGHT WEIGHT HULL!

IMG_0467.jpg

http://lasvegas.craigslist.org/boa/1304649591.html