Fm161 1985

train

Seaman Apprentice
Hi guys, brand new member here. I bought a 1985 Sea Nymph this past spring and, now doing some rehab. Just wanted to say the info on here is priceless! Also the boat came with a file folder containing the original brochure, wiring diagrams, etc. if any of you are interested. I will try to figure out the picture thing soon.

Streetgang

Petty Officer 1st Class
Re: Fm161 1985

High ball,

Welcome to this most excellent site. Soon you will have some very great peoples responding and you will be rewarded with their expertise and genuine desire to help. If I can help at all would be pleased to do so. There is a small, but powerful, handsome, intelligent, contingent of SN owners that you can rely on. Of course, I would be one of them.....oh boy.

Just a warning though, you will get hints or nudges about drinking cool aid and or hotel california so that is all I can say. Just be carefull as the Iboats void is huge and the water is warm.

You have the absolute right spot!

jigngrub

Fleet Admiral

We feel deprived if newbies don't post pics of their boat... let's see what you have and what you've done to it, and maybe what else you plan to do to it.

Pmccraney

Lieutenant Commander

We love Sea Nymph boats... I happen to own "one" (which is in quotes, because it was only in the water once for a couple of hours before I ripped it apart...)....

As stated, we also love pics... and the mob will light torches and hunt you down without them...

Welcome to the madness that is the iboats drydock... At first you might feel like you have stepped into the Star Wars cantina scene (see below), but you'll feel right at home with us freaks after awhile:

P.S. that's me at about :25 waiving you in (begrudgingly) even without pics.

briangcc

Commander

Welcome aboard!

And on behalf of the picture mob....

thumb_thisthreadisworthlesswithoutp.gif

**Hint: Photobucket is free so upload your photos there and then copy & paste the IMG line into your post so the photos appear.

jasoutside

Supreme Mariner

I can't see what his boat looks like. How about you guys?

jbcurt00

Staff member

Wow, not even a complimentary new guy bye of a 6hr window before the mob piles in & wrecks his joint.......

StarWars to the Mississippi upside down table 'boat' ~ Quite the gauntlet....

Often the natives aren't this restless right off at the get go. They'll let you cut your teeth for a bit before they go all sideways in your thread..............

Welcome to iboats Train........ It often goes that way, not that I've ever had a hand in it, so now you know.... It's all up from here......:D

Jas & Pmc are both doing great work w/ their SN's, so read thru them soon. Then some of the ^^^ crazy above will make more sense..

MC Hammer pants & fuzzy slippers :rolleyes:

train

Seaman Apprentice

Wow, tough crowd! I think I'm gonna like it here! Thanks for the "warm" welcome.
The pix with the lazyboy have me rethinking my boat seating! Im gonna try to post this brochure in its entirety. Its dated 1983 and includes pix and specs of the entire SN line. Jas, theres a great pic of your ss that you are gonna like.
Well heres pic #1.........I hope

P1050689.jpg

jbcurt00

Staff member

attachment.php

Open a photobucket acct & you can paste the IMG
Code:
 into your thread, that way the pix show up nice & big.

Easier for the older folks to see 'em..  You can decide for yourself which fella's make up that group :laugh:

Looks like a great start for a tear-down & a redo.........

train

Seaman Apprentice

Have you checked your transom wood?

Yes I did. The wood has been replaced and is in great shape. Problem is, its treated! Already tore it out. Marine ply on the way.
Man, that stuff sure eats that aluminum!

Pmccraney

Lieutenant Commander

Yes I did. The wood has been replaced and is in great shape. Problem is, its treated! Already tore it out. Marine ply on the way.
Man, that stuff sure eats that aluminum!

Good man! You have done your homework. I really like the boat... Can't wait to see it come back together.

P.S. Thanks for posting the Sea Nymph catalogue. That was good viewing/entertainment. They really had a high budget on their photo shoots ("Hey Billy Bob, why don't you and your brother Jim Tom take this here rig out into the swamp with your tackle box and act like your-ah flar (fly) fishing. Here's a vest you can wear too").

P.S.S. I really like the upside down steering console...although it might be hard to see if you leave it like that...:joyous:

briangcc

Commander

Just lending a helping hand so we don't have to click on links :joyous:

P1050681.jpg

P1050686.jpg

P1050683.jpg

P1050680.jpg

**I copied and pasted the IMG line from your photobucket pictures into this post for you :D