Florida get together May 15,16,17

nlain

Commander
Re: Florida get together May 15,16,17

I feel sure there will be more, there has been talk of an annual gathering which will probably be discussed on this trip.

tashasdaddy

Honorary Moderator Emeritus

Hi Keekee, glad to see another Jacksonville member, we actually have enough members in the greater Jax area, to have a local gathering here.

dave11

Lieutenant Junior Grade

Sign us up!!! Sounds like a great time. Thanks to all the organizers TD and CO! Cant wait to meet everyone. For those staying in hotels which ones are you staying in so we can book a room with other I boaters in the same hotel.
Thanks I cant wait!!

We will be staying at the Sleep Inn, too.

Keekee

Recruit

Hi Keekee, glad to see another Jacksonville member, we actually have enough members in the greater Jax area, to have a local gathering here.

Great, I'm definitely looking forward to it!!!!

phwrd

Petty Officer 1st Class

Was just wondering, any Tampa members going ?

cribber

Lieutenant

Was out on Lake Griffin this weekend and got a picture of the Picciola Bridge which connects the Dead River from Lake Griffin State Park to the lake.

http://i179.photobucket.com/albums/w310/Cheep_photos/Lake County Florida/PicciolaBridge.jpg

It appears to have 8-9 feet of clearance and the water is around 3 feet deep in the center. Just past the bridge the water is about 7 feet deep where they dredged last year, going to about 4 feet deep with spots as low as 3 feet deep heading to the lake. My Glastron GT-185 has 31 inches of draft and we were okay going thru here. Just trim up when you approach the bridge and keep it in the middle.

tashasdaddy

we should be fine. Thanks.

nlain

Commander

This time next week we should somewhere in or near Lake Griffin. I am ready for a break.

tashasdaddy

after today i'm ready also. trying to get everything out of the shop, so i can concentrate on camping next week. didn't make it. 3 motors not finished.

triumphrick

Lieutenant Commander

after today i'm ready also. trying to get everything out of the shop, so i can concentrate on camping next week. didn't make it. 3 motors not finished.

Me..I have to finish my work. I pulled the trailer apart to repaint and then it needed seals and bearings and then it needed spring shackle bushings...and then I needed more air so the big compressor got hooked up (finally, bought it Feb 10) and I ran some air lines. And then,,,and then,,,!!

Anyway, had a pretty good day today,so should be on schedule. Can't wait!!

CheapboatKev

Vice Admiral

Looks like the B TICKET wont be in tow....
Tried to get this Mon-Thursday off to finish her, but the bills come before anything else....

Really dissapointed her maiden splash wont be with my Iboat buds, since you have all helped me so much get this far.

rentprop1

Petty Officer 1st Class

I had an issue with the pontoon yesterday ( Mothers day voyage ), took it to the shop this am bright and early, as you may have read from a lot of my posts, boat mechanics around here bite the big one :mad:, I hope I can get back by Friday, the small boat is still not running either...worst case if the wife wants to still go, I will drive over for the day.....boat or not..

here I was super worried about the ramp and the low water, now I have bigger worries, pontoon would not get over 3000 rpms yesterday....sounded like a beer can was in the engine rattling around after about 2500, but purred like a kitten from idle to 2000 +, then oh god :confused: ???

I'm in that hurry up and wait/worry mode now..:eek:

tashasdaddy

i know what you mean. i went to the Keys one year, with a motor i had never started. luckily all went well.

Bard1

Petty Officer 1st Class

Howdy,
So, in a few short days we'll all be in a vary cool spot--thanks to Bob! Me, I'm a last minuet guy.My list is so long only a fishermen can tell it -n- I'm along winded:D My A.D.H.D is kick-en, I love this part of last minuet crap, it makes me feel alive! As you all know Bob set up a meal for us to enjoy on Sat. for lunch.......thanx tashasdaddy for setting all this up, and thanks to iboats for such a great site. as well as your kindness!
My wife "Red" and I will be cooking your food so be nice or I'll turn the wife loose on ya.The food will be good but I hope the people are better. Can't Wait to see and meet everyone.
Drive safe....or drive fast and take chances!
Andre.

pduquette

Ensign

Well guys , after acessing the damage , I've pronounced the motor in my Buick DOA . After being totaly stoked to meet everyone and enjoy the FLA hospitality ; I've gone to (steamed beond belief)<<< Insert explitives of choice here .
Enjoy the weekend , have fun , and be safe , wish I could be there . :(:(:( Peter

CheapboatKev

Vice Admiral

Well guys , after acessing the damage , I've pronounced the motor in my Buick DOA . After being totaly stoked to meet everyone and enjoy the FLA hospitality ; I've gone to (steamed beond belief)<<< Insert explitives of choice here .
Enjoy the weekend , have fun , and be safe , wish I could be there . :(:(:( Peter

That SUX!!!
And I was upset over my boat not being ready...
If it makes ya feel better...Its been raining all day today...

Bard1

Petty Officer 1st Class

sorry to here that.

tashasdaddy

you are on the list for next year.

triumphrick

Lieutenant Commander

Heck of a way to get out of learning some of my grouper numbers on that trip we were gonna take Monday!! Really sorry, Peter to hear of your troubles. I'll bet you were really looking forward to atrip to Florida. Also, no one else was gonna come close for the farthest trip award...I think TD was gonna share one of his Swisher Sweets with ya!!:D

Well, just got in from finishing the trailer tonight. Time for some dinner; then see if I can't get the battery charged and a little clean up. We have decided to put this boat up for sale...:(. We really need a bigger boat to get off shore up here and have found the KW to be lacking in size...only way to get the bigger boat will be to sell both of these. Just rebuilt and painted the trailer. I had already cleaned and detailed the boat. So expect to see some For Sale signs on the little KayLe...