Finnish fishing boat overhaul [Splashed 2017]

gm280

Supreme Mariner
Nice! That building looks like an old airplane hanger of sort. It is huge.

Bayou Dave

Lieutenant Commander
After seeing a piece here and a piece there it's great to see the whole boat. She looks really good!!

Red Herring

Chief Petty Officer
Thanks guys! The building was used for welding cruise ships/liners, they've got huge ceiling lifts that can handle 20 ton a piece, they're going to get in a 93 foot yacht next week using them. Hope it'll turn out well, everyone seems a bit nervous.

Here's the beer!

Sanded for 10 hours today, tomorrow I'll just clean it up a bit and then it's gelcoat time. Windows going in on sunday!

redneck joe

Supreme Mariner
ahhh... Carlsburg. We drink tons of that when I visit my sister in Aabenraa...

Red Herring

Chief Petty Officer
Thanks guys! As one can probably discern from the delay in posting everything did not go according to plan. I got the walls to a satisfactory finish with six(!) passes of sanding, filling with gelcoat and putty etc. When everything was done I made a stupid, stupid mistake evident in the other photo:

Can you guess what it was?

But on a lighter note I got one window installed today, on top of all that fixing :)

gm280

Supreme Mariner
RH, only people that do things make mistakes. Those that never make mistakes just never do things. You will recover without issue. I've seen your work.

kcassells

Fleet Admiral
I know nothing!!!
schultz_zps3e25f7c1.jpg~c200

Looks Great!

Red Herring

Chief Petty Officer
Can't recognize the show tbh, rings some distant bells but nope :)

I had 55mm imprinted in my head when I drew that radius in the corner. I kind of forgot if 55mm was the circumference or the radius of the corner. Felt tremendously good about myself :/ haha

gm280

Supreme Mariner
The show was "Hogan's Heros". I very funny satire on Germany prison camps.

Red Herring

Chief Petty Officer
Seems funny enough, especially with such a tricky subject :)

Why can't we edit our older posts? My last one was apparently written in a coma and barely makes sense :))

kcassells

Fleet Admiral
Most Excellent vid! Yes touchy subject but I grew up on this humor as well as millions of others. Definitely not a light subject at all considering the depths of the matter. Humanity needs to laugh at its own idiocies to reflect and continue.
Like trying to build a boat, fix an engine, figure out fiberglassing, mistakes make us better.

But what do I know? I Know nothing!!

Pusher

Lieutenant
RH I asked the same thing recently. I think you only have a few hours and then the previous post is locked for all eternity to our shame and embarrassment. :)

Sounds like you've probably lost your finger prints with all that sanding and perseverance! Keep up the good work!

The Producers is a pretty funny modern movie that makes fun of our society. It's sad how humor has become backseat to the msssage that's being pushed. As bad as it is, I'm a Bud Abbot guy myself.

Red Herring

Chief Petty Officer
Yeah I agree wholeheartedly, black/skewed humor is big here as well. Lately there's been a rise in over-sensitivity that often eats the edge off things. A shame really, I'd wager it's very healthy for all of us to laugh at oneself, or to accept being laughed at.

Four windows are in, will continue the slog tomorrow. All that fitting and grinding takes time and needs another pair of hands...

Now I'll google Bud Abbot.