Explosives lost in Iraq

Ralph 123

Captain
Re: Explosives lost in Iraq

Like I said, here we go again:<br /><br />From Drudge:<br /><br />News of missing explosives in Iraq -- first reported in April 2003 -- was being resurrected for a 60 MINUTES election eve broadcast designed to knock the Bush administration into a crises mode...

KaGee

Admiral

Drudge is now reporting that "60 MINUTES" was planning to air the same story on Election Eve, Nov. 1st.<br /><br />But, it's not politically motivated. It's about reporting the news.... :rolleyes: <br /><br />Edit: Well Ralph.... great minds think alike.. ya beat me by about 30 seconds!

Ralph 123

Captain

I've never seen anything like this in my life KaGee. Nothing good can come out of all this... When the election is over, no matter which way it goes, the nation is going to be on the brink of major upheaval not seen since the years preceding the civil war... They are flirting with major disaster with reckless abandon.

dogsdad

Lieutenant

Words are insufficient! <br /><br /> :mad: <br /><br /><br />-dd-

LubeDude

Admiral

Its the United nations fault, They found it the first part of 2003, they tagged it and left it unguarded, the very organization that Kerry wants to run the whole thing. Go figure.

samagee

Chief Petty Officer

You have a point lubedude. So do we open a law suit against the UN for negligance?

knobby

Chief Petty Officer

Yeah, let's blame Kerry. It happened under his watch.

mellowyellow

Vice Admiral

GW and his team are kinda slow to respond to all<br />of this horse-hockey IMO. he has MY vote, but he<br />had many great chances to drive the wooden stake<br />and he let it slide, especially in debates!<br />arrogance?<br />MY confused...<br /><br />eg: Kerry pontificates about how he would have<br />done more to get other counties onboard b4 going<br />to war, yet when Bush1 had the ENTIRE world signed<br />up for the gulf war, Kerry STILL VOTED NO!

POINTER94

Vice Admiral

spratt,<br /><br />the onion, thats your source. :D <br /><br />Rush Limbaugh and NBC news are reporting that this is a hoax. The UN is involved and CBS and the NY Times are complicite in yellow journalism. But knowing those two sources and the onion, I don't know who to believe.. :confused:

oddjob

Commander

This article doesnt make any sense to me. The quotes must have been taken out of context. Probably bean counters due to get out soon.......Still waiting to hear it from the "W's" mouth....The Commander and Chief!<br /><br />A strong second?......A-hem ..that would be a liberal statement.....nothing close to a military accessment.

oddjob

Commander

GW and his team are kinda slow to respond to all<br />of this horse-hockey IMO. he has MY vote, but he<br />had many great chances to drive the wooden stake<br />and he let it slide, especially in debates!<br />arrogance?<br />MY confused...<br /><br />
MY, there's just too much BS (fraudjulent reports)like this to respond to. The Bush hating media would love for Bush to respond to their BS because it would work to there advantage. Bush would then be forced to campaign on the defensive and would subtract from his message making him look weak. <br /><br />The Media has taken off the gloves in a last ditch effort to help the liberals regain their power which will in effect, help, the conventional media (them) keep their power. They enjoy the monopoly no more and their fit to be tied as well.<br /><br />And it aint over yet....plan on the media reporting a Kerry win early and often like they did in the last pres.election. <br /><br />Get out your vote no matter what and all be fine. Ignor the futile attemp at their pathetic 2 min. drill.

12Footer

Fleet Admiral

Originally posted by knobby:<br /> Yeah, let's blame Kerry. It happened under his watch.
Yes, let's. It did indead, happen under his watch, knobby. He knew about this "breaking news" weeks ago, when planning his "October suprise". The alphabet media tried to set this up for Sunday instead of yesterday. 60Minutes was supposed to 'break' it, and Kerry was supposed to run with it. He had no choice but to stump with the aftermath,as planned. He has tgo perpetuate the lies, because he has nothing of substance that can turn the tide.<br /><br />If the liberals can't even run a decent smear campaign, how can we trust them to look clean in the sunshine?<br /><br />The media does this every election,in case you still haven't noticed. I first noticed this in the Kennedy/Nixon campaign...The october suprise.<br />Last time it was "Bush was an alchohlic and a coke head"...Remember that BS? Some day, you guys may just get it---like a light bulb being switched-on in one of those doonsburry cartoons.<br />The media is as crooked as thier canidates!<br />I also pray that some day, such tactics will be legislated to be a criminal federal felony. Let Dan Rather and Bubba Clinton be call mates!<br />They deserve it for the people thier lies destroyed, let alone, the lives theses liars cost with thier methods.<br />It's time to stop this before it brings down our form of government. I'd rather be led by Jimmy Carter, (the worst president in my lifetime) ,than to be tricked-into 4 years under an ill-gotten administration. Why? Because Carter was honest. And that's vital.<br />How can we allow our future courses be steered by deceit?!

CalicoKid

Lieutenant Commander

Ahh the ONION. It's even better on paper!! You guys shouldn't worry so much. John Kerry is going to be a great president. And the media isn't 'liberal', ... it is PAID. Watch the commercials, read the ads, those are the only reason the papers and the networks exist. Just take a deep breath and do what you know is right (even if it's wrong) on Nov. 2nd.

LadyFish

Admiral

This erroneous story of 'how the US dropped the ball and now the high explosives are in the hands of the insurgents' was carefully planned to come out this week IMHO.<br /><br />The media wont tell it like it is either, and yes its on the friggin front page of nearly every newspaper. It makes me madder than hell to see this warped journalism twist to this extent and degree, even an idiot with single to two-digit IQ can see this for the lie it is.<br /><br />I am not a happy camper for having to see this garbage all over the media right now with all the finger-pointing and blaming being directed towards Bush. Even if its a lie, the damage is done. Their scheme worked. <br /><br />What will make these liberal media own up to their screwups?<br /><br />Who or what will make them pay for the stupid, screwed up stories and outright propagandist lies???<br /><br />When will we see accountability take place in the media????<br /><br />when we DEMAND that they DO SO...and ONLY when we DEMAND it..<br /><br />RANT OFF

LadyFish

Admiral

RANT ON<br /><br />In 1992 it was the Iran Contra charges brought days before the election... In 2000 it was the DUI charges a few days before the vote... And Now...<br /><br />News of missing explosives in Iraq -- first reported in April 2003 -- was being resurrected for a 60 MINUTES election eve broadcast designed to knock the Bush administration into a crisis mode.<br /><br />Jeff Fager, executive producer of the Sunday edition of 60 MINUTES, said in a statement that "our plan was to run the story on October 31, but it became clear that it wouldn't hold..."<br /><br />Elizabeth Jensen at the LOS ANGELES TIMES details on Tuesday how CBS NEWS and 60 MINUTES lost the story [which repackaged previously reported information on a large cache of explosives missing in Iraq, first published and broadcast in 2003]. <br /><br /> More....

kenimpzoom

Rear Admiral

Guys please spread the word on how biased the media is. I try to at every chance.<br /><br />Ken

Ralph 123

Captain

Uhm. Your attention please. Attention. It is October and that means SURPRISE!<br /><br /><br />GERTZ // THURSDAY // WASH TIMES: Russian special forces troops moved many of Saddam Hussein's weapons and related goods out of Iraq and into Syria in the weeks before the March 2003 U.S. military operation, The Washington Times has learned. John A. Shaw, the deputy undersecretary of defense for international technology security, said in an interview that he believes the Russian troops, working with Iraqi intelligence, “almost certainly” removed the high-explosive material that went missing from the Al-Qaqaa facility, south of Baghdad. <br /><br />Kerry fell for the trap so easily it's almost unsporting! Never play checkers when your opponent is playing chess!<br /><br />
Defense officials said the Russians can provide information on what happened to the Iraqi weapons and explosives that were transported out of the country. Officials believe the Russians also can explain what happened to Iraq's weapons of mass destruction programs. <br />
http://www.washingtontimes.com/national/20041027-101153-4822r.htm