Explosives lost in Iraq

Ralph 123

Captain
Re: Explosives lost in Iraq

John Kerry: There were no weapons you lied!... you didn't guard the weapons!... the weapons are in the hands of terrorists!... The Russians moved them to Syria with the WMDs? Doh!

Boomyal

Supreme Mariner

Las Vegas odds makers reputed to be twice as accurrate as conventional polls: Odds; Bush 61/Kerry 39. I have no doubt that you will see the accuracy of these odds, come Tuesday.<br /><br />Never before have I looked at my neighbors who voted opposite of me and thought, you absolutey pathetic, deluded individuals. The absolute bozo-ness of this candidate is plain to see for anyone with eyes half open.

dogsdad

Lieutenant

What if there are WMDs, and they were spirited out to Syria by the Russians also? Looks like CBS's October Surprise may well blow up in their face...I anxiously await the next revelation! <br /><br />But come what may, CBS and their ilk have revealed themselves to be unprincipled partisan hacks bent on brainwashing the electorate. <br /><br /><br />-dd-

12Footer

Fleet Admiral

And what a brain-washable electorate! I can't believe how gulable these busloads are!

Ralph 123

Captain

380 tons... oops...3 tons. Those pesky decimal points! Read on<br /><br />Discrepancy Found in Explosives Amounts<br /><br />Documents Show Iraqis May Be Overstating Amount of Missing Material <br /><br />- Iraqi officials may be overstating the amount of explosives reported to have disappeared from a weapons depot, documents obtained by ABC News show. <br /><br />The Iraqi interim government has told the United States and international weapons inspectors that 377 tons of conventional explosives are missing from the Al-Qaqaa installation, which was supposed to be under U.S. military control. <br /><br />But International Atomic Energy Agency documents obtained by ABC News and first reported on "World News Tonight with Peter Jennings" indicate the amount of missing explosives may be substantially less than the Iraqis reported. <br /><br />The information on which the Iraqi Science Ministry based an Oct. 10 memo in which it reported that 377 tons of RDX explosives were missing -- presumably stolen due to a lack of security -- was based on "declaration" from July 15, 2002. At that time, the Iraqis said there were 141 tons of RDX explosives at the facility. <br /><br />But the confidential IAEA documents obtained by ABC News show that on Jan. 14, 2003, the agency's inspectors recorded that just over 3 tons of RDX was stored at the facility -- a considerable discrepancy from what the Iraqis reported. <br /><br />The IAEA documents could mean that 138 tons of explosives were removed from the facility long before the start of the United States launched "Operation Iraqi Freedom" in March 2003. <br /><br />The missing explosives have become an issue in the presidential campaign. Sen. John Kerry has pointed to the disappearance as evidence of the Bush administration's poor handling of the war. The Bush camp has responded that more than a thousand times that amount of explosives or munitions have been recovered or destroyed in Iraq. <br /><br />Another Concern<br /><br />The IAEA documents from January 2003 found no discrepancy in the amount of the more dangerous HMX explosives thought to be stored at Al-Qaqaa, but they do raise another disturbing possibility. <br /><br />The documents show IAEA inspectors looked at nine bunkers containing more than 194 tons of HMX at the facility. Although these bunkers were still under IAEA seal, the inspectors said the seals may be potentially ineffective because they had ventilation slats on the sides. These slats could be easily removed to remove the materials inside the bunkers without breaking the seals, the inspectors noted. <br /><br />ABC News' Martha Raddatz filed this report for "World News Tonight." Luis Martinez contributed to this report<br /><br /> http://www.abcnews.go.com/WNT/print?id=204304

KaGee

Admiral

Fox news was also supporting the Gertz story this morning, adding that Russian "Special Forces" moved into Iraq before our invasion to "sanitize" certain places... i.e... remove anything and possibly anybody that would have left Russian fingerprints.<br /><br />Two scenarios:<br />1) Putan knows everthing... and we have a BIG problem with Russia.<br />2) Certain "Dark" elements within the Russian Military were involved here... we have a BIGGER problem because Putan does not hold control over his military and what it does.

Ralph 123

Captain

Either way KaGee, Kerry has the biggest problem of all by latching on to this and making wild charges against the President and the military. As Bill Kristol just said on fox:<br /><br />"Obviously, Kerry puts his faith in the NYT and UN over the US Military."

dogsdad

Lieutenant

Originally posted by KaGee:<br /> Fox news was also supporting the Gertz story this morning, adding that Russian "Special Forces" moved into Iraq before our invasion to "sanitize" certain places... i.e... remove anything and possibly anybody that would have left Russian fingerprints.<br /><br />Two scenarios:<br />1) Putan knows everthing... and we have a BIG problem with Russia.<br />2) Certain "Dark" elements within the Russian Military were involved here... we have a BIGGER problem because Putan does not hold control over his military and what it does.
Yup! And, it means we also have a serious problem with the UN (like we didn't know that).<br /><br />I reiterate: wherever this stuff went, there also went the WMDs.<br /><br /><br />-dd-

mellowyellow

Vice Admiral

Ralph said; "Kerry puts his faith in the NYT and UN over the US Military."<br /><br />all show, no go as usual?<br /><br />this issue is gonna bite back and have opposite<br />effect expected IMO.