! ! ! EXPLAIN YOURSELF ! ! !

PatPatterson

Chief Petty Officer
Re: ! ! ! EXPLAIN YOURSELF ! ! !

Started and posted about 20 posts under my real name, Pat Patterson, but wifey decided that using my real name wasn't the smartest idea in the world. (How could it have been. Marrying her was.)<br /><br />Anyway, I was in the navy for 6 years, and a bunch of my friends have called me Captain ever since I enlisted. The Kidd comes from the fact that when I was in high school, all my friends were older, and when we were going someplace, plans had to be made to do things that didn't require one to be over 18 (at that time), so there were times plans were changed, because "the kid's going".<br /><br />That's it.

mikecjn

Petty Officer 1st Class

My first name is Mike and I was raised in SW Louisiana. Moved up to Maine but couldn't let go of the cajun!!

aspeck

Staff member

I agree with you Link - just trying to keep them together!

steam_mill

Chief Petty Officer

Steam_mill is an island off of my cottage. Since I got into boating at my cottage decided tjat Steam_Mill was appropriate...<br /><br />Joe

Bob_VT

Moderator & Unofficial iBoats Historian
Staff member

Bob_VT well how about Bob Vermont Same name I use on most forums. No real meaning just simple.<br /><br />After spending 20 years in the Army I rarely respond to Top or First Sergeant anymore. <br /><br />AND with my Special Effects business I am also called Pyro Bob.<br /><br />Bob

cbnoodles

Chief Petty Officer

Another newb here. My two best friends have always called me this either because I know a lot about a lot or I try to sound like I do. Probably more of the latter than the former.<br /><br />It's caused me to say more than once "Hey, ya wanna know something?...ask me."

jtexas

Fleet Admiral

Originally posted by The Professor:<br /> Another newb here. My two best friends have always called me this either because I know a lot about a lot or I try to sound like I do. Probably more of the latter than the former.<br /><br />It's caused me to say more than once "Hey, ya wanna know something?...ask me."
I have just one question for the Professor:<br /><br />Ginger, or Mary Ann?

moderator1

Lieutenant Commander

I was created by admin5 to moderate the boards. He put me together from some spare parts laying around iboats.iboats.iboats.iboats.iboats.iboats.iboats.iboats :eek: ;)

cbnoodles

Chief Petty Officer

jtexas: <br /><br />Both, of course!

Carl B

Recruit

I have no imagination. What you see is what you get.

Twidget

Commander

I was in Electronic Warfare(Radar intercept/jamming) while I was in the Navy. Twidgets are people that work in the Combat Information Center. Since its always dark with just blue lights on when underway, it is said that we 'twitched' when they saw us in the light. <br /><br />Boatswains, gunners, etc are Deck Apes.<br />Engineers, Snipes<br />Air Detatchment, Air Dales<br /><br />I feel fortunate to have been a Twidget. :)

POINTER94

Vice Admiral

Not that it is all that big a deal to me but I graduated from UW Stevens Point. Mascott-Pointer. I needed a handle that nobody else had so I tossed in 94 as it was the year that defined what I am today.