! ! ! EXPLAIN YOURSELF ! ! !

WillyBWright

Fleet Admiral
:D I knew that would get your attention :D <br /><br />This is a break from the political banter that is so pervasive on Dockside Chat lately. All I want to know is...what does your name mean? Not the name your parents gave you, but the name you gave yourself. Your monniker here on iboats. What does it mean and how did you come up with it?<br /><br />As for me, WillyBWright is an evolution of the name I go by on what I consider the Grand Daddy of Marine Repair Advice websites. I had originally posted there under my given name. All the regulars had figures that showed-up every time they posted similar to the Avatars that appear here. I used one that I had created a few years earlier to promote a children's book I had written on boating safety that is still on the back burner. It was sort of a cartoon character based on my ugly mug. But he had no name. So I had a naming contest and the rest is history. The winner got a T-shirt and fifty bucks.<br /><br />So what is your story? What does your name mean?

ebbtide176

Commander
Re: ! ! ! EXPLAIN YOURSELF ! ! !

ebb - short for ebbtide176, my boat. dynatrak 176s/s made by ebbtide

JB

Honorary Moderator Emeritus

JB is for John Bancroft Braine Cornwell, my real name. I was named after my Uncle, John Bancroft Braine.<br /><br />I rarely use the Braine because no legal forms allow for more than one middle initial.<br /><br />I dropped the John Bancroft for JB when my son, John Bancroft Braine Cornwell, Jr. was born to protect him from being called "Little John". That was 38 years ago.<br /><br />I dropped the Cornwell on here because only about half of the people who tried spelled it correctly.<br /><br />That is how John Bancroft Braine Cornwell became JB. :)

62_Kiwi

Lieutenant Junior Grade

Well mine's not all that imaginative...the Kiwi is a national icon for New Zealand. We NZers refer to ourselves as "Kiwis".<br /><br />The Kiwi is a small flightless bird (an endangered species) found only in New Zealand. It comes out at night, sleeps during the day and finds food by digging out worms etc out of the ground with it's long beak.<br /><br />
rm_greatspotted115003_tn.jpg
<br /><br />Why 62 ? - well someone else already had the name "Kiwi" on iboats...and '62 is the year I was born ;) <br /><br />
sign_main.jpg
<br /><br /> http://www.kiwirecovery.org.nz

crab bait

Captain

my real nickname ..<br /><br />my dad used to tell me as a kid.. he'd take me crabbin' cause the only thing i was good for is CRAB BAIT..<br /><br />an look at me now..!! i turned out just fine.. :) ..

f_inscreenname

Commander

After many different entrees came back as already used and out of much frustration I banged in this one I use now. “Bing” your name and password are accepted To keep things simple I use it on all message boards also I may run across people who know me from other boards. Most get a chuckle out of it and understand how it came about. Others get there panties in a knot and give me a hard time. One board deiced to change it (“screenname”) without even telling me. Took me a hour to figure out what they did. It was also the last time I was there. This and The Pfamily Mark Martin message board are where I hang out the most on the web. Neither have ever given me a problem over it and that is a good reason to stay. People with a since of humor are mostly cool folks.

Bondo

Staff member

Bondo.....<br />Last name is Bond.......<br />I've been Bondo to close Friends,+ some Assocates since Early High School........

crab bait

Captain

i always knew that 'BRAINE' was in there somewhere ,JB.. :) ..

crab bait

Captain

YO,KIWI.. DUDE.. I GOTTA HAVE ONE OF THOSE KIWI SIGNS..!!!<br /><br />PLAAA-ESEEE..!!

ob

Admiral

Last name is O'Brien.All of my shipmates when I was in th U.S Navy called me ob for short.I felt since this is a boating site that I would use my given nautical name.You guys and all of my ex shipmates are the only ones that refer to me as ob.My friends and family call me by my nickname. Bob.Full name is Robert James O'Brien.

ob

Admiral

Hey Bondo ,That wouldn't be Bond...............James Bond by any chance would it. ;)

Hotrods

Petty Officer 1st Class

First name is Rod. Many call me Hotrod

sangerwaker

Commander

sangerwaker-Sanger for my favorite brand of boat, and I am now fortunate enough to own one.<br /><br />waker-form the three event barefoot tournament event "wakes" - the # of times you can cross the wake in 15 seconds. This is my personal favorite event in regular 3 event barefoot tournaments to ski, not necessarily my favorite to watch, though.<br /><br />Thus: sangerwaker

Bassy

Lieutenant Commander

Well, Bassy was the first name I could think of since I love catching bass and it sounded feminine so, that's the exciting story of my name. My real name is Linda.<br /> Hey Kiwi, my Mom is headed over your way(NZ) this week for a three week vacation with one of her lady friends after three days in Figi. This is her dream vacation she's wanted all of her life(70 yrs. young). So I'm sure she'll have a blast!

Ralph 123

Captain

RALPH - Republican Antagonist Lurking Perpetually Here (to shoot down liberal propaganda) :) <br /><br />How's that? :D :p

OBJ

Supreme Mariner

My youngest son put the monicker "outboardjim" on me. The folks that dock at the local marina where herself and I launch would near always have questions about there boats or engines and stuff when they'd see me. So one day my son kinda came up with "outboardjim to the rescue" and the name stuck. Got tired of typing "outboardjim" and just shortened it to "OBJ". The son also dubbed herself as "mudcatmary" cause all she catches is mudcats in the river. :D

KaGee

Admiral

Kagee....for KG as in Keith G.

LadyFish

Admiral

My moniker is pretty simple. I bear the name of one of my favorite fish to catch.<br /><br />Elops saurus - known as ladyfish, skipjacks, cuban tarpon, banana fish, ten-pounder, Macabi and lots of other names.<br /><br />Ladyfish are known for their ability to put up a leaping, acrobatic fight worthy of a fish twice their size. <br /><br />Oh yeah and besides that, I'm a lady who loves to fish. :D

mattttt25

Commander

matt. lots of t's not to duplicate anyone. 25 was my football number.