Expanding (pour in) Flotation Foam and Aluminum Boats

jbcurt00

Staff member
Re: Expanding (pour in) Flotation Foam and Aluminum Boats

It has been a while, but just under the 3mo dead thread cap :D

As both the unofficial Sultan of interesting flotation choices (Roll footage of the Tide bottles....) and the starter of this thread, seemed like this was about as good a spot as any to drop this pix:
attachment.php

Ball crawls all across the Mid-western US are missing their filler....

Now to find a bulk ping pong ball supplier and a gutted SC hull :facepalm:

jigngrub

Fleet Admiral

It has been a while, but just under the 3mo dead thread cap :D

As both the unofficial Sultan of interesting flotation choices (Roll footage of the Tide bottles....) and the starter of this thread, seemed like this was about as good a spot as any to drop this pix:
attachment.php

Ball crawls all across the Mid-western US are missing their filler....

Now to find a bulk ping pong ball supplier and a gutted SC hull :facepalm:

Uh-huh, the topic of this thread was about expanding foam in aluminum boats... that doesn't look like an aluminum boat to me.

I can only imagine what that boats sounds like going down the lake with all of those things bouncing around on the inside.:facepalm:

Expanding foam is an absolute horror in aluminum boats... and if you're not real careful it'll do this to them:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=M30nDtZ4iys

jbcurt00

Staff member

I can only imagine what that boats sounds like going down the lake with all of those things bouncing around on the inside.:facepalm:

Expanding foam is an absolute horror in aluminum boats... and if you're not real careful it'll do this to them:

Yeah, in a tinny the ball crawl floats would definitely be a no go.....

Looks like that Lund has taken a few hull shots from an angry glasser....:eek:

Peter Eikenberry

Chief Petty Officer

Did you get those balls from Chuck E Cheese?

Peter Eikenberry

Chief Petty Officer

Sorry, reminded me of the pit at Chuck e Cheese. I've seen just about anything you can imagine,from foam to ping pong balls. I think the most unusual was long strings of beer cans wrap in fiberglass.

jigngrub

Fleet Admiral

I want to see pool noodles float a boat like in the Lund video!

... btw, my Tracker floats like the Lund in the video does (a little better as a matter of fact)... don't ask me how I know this.:redface:

jasoutside

Supreme Mariner

Noodles/foam board done properly will float a boat full of holes, prolly not as high/dry though.

That Lund is certainly a nice boat, too bad it won't drain properly now that all that water is in there.:(

jigngrub

Fleet Admiral

That Lund is certainly a nice boat, too bad it won't drain properly now that all that water is in there.:(

I dunno, looks like that Lund hull has some real good drainage to me.

GA_Boater

Honorary Moderator Emeritus

The scene - No-fault Divorce settlement meeting.

Arbitrator - "Well folks, we're almost done. Only two items to decide on. This has been one of the best settlements I've worked on. Thanks for both of you being so open minded"

Ex-wife to be - "Thanks. It has gone well. We still have the Lund and the china. May I keep the Lund?"

Ex-hubby to be - "I dunno. I really like that boat."

Ex-wife to be - "Tell you what. If I can have the china, I won't argue over the Lund. The china for the Lund. OK?"

Ex-hubby to be - " You know, we've had our differences and the marriage didn't work. But it's not because you aren't a good person and don't hold a grudge.. Our personalities just didn't mesh. I really wish you all the best. I's a deal. I'll bring some fish by your place. All cleaned and filleted, too"

Ex-wife to be - "That would be nice. And I think you deserve the Lund. I guess we're all done."

Arbitrator - " Thanks everyone. This concludes the settlement. I'll take this over to the judge and it should be finalized in just a few minutes. Best of luck to both of you."