Electric Cars or Trucks

dolluper

Captain
Hi Guys
What do you think about electric cars or trucks ?
Some facts about them have been hidden whole they seem to be pushed on us. I have being researching trying to find the facts.
So far this is what l have come up with
All electric vehicles have a standardized charging plug except for Tesla.
Charging can be achieved by level 1 or level 2 at home, unless you install a charging station $$.
Level 1 is a standard 110 volt plug in charging at a rate of 8km of driving per hour not much eh
Level 2 whick is standard 220 volt plug in , charging at a rate of 30 km of driving per hour
Based on approximately 10 hours of charging the cost of electricity will be in the range of 5.25$ to 8.00$.per charge
The extra cost ,purchased price of about 30% more than gas .
No facts on how long the motors will last but warranties are in the 100,000 km range 62,000 miles
I drove the new Mustang electric ... It is wicked.. I would compare to 500-600 hp gas vehicle
If you guys have any facts about or own an electric car pr truck please share with us ...as this is probably our future..

racerone

Supreme Mariner
Most charging station are used by backing up to them.------How would you do that if you had a 25 foot trailer behind the truck ?

Scott Danforth

Grumpy Vintage Moderator still playing with boats
Staff member
oooohhhh another electric vehicle thread. where is the eating popcorn emoji.

Hi Guys
What do you think about electric cars or trucks ?
If you guys have any facts about or own an electric car pr truck please share with us ...as this is probably our future..

you are correct, early adoptors of the technology will be paying more than the established infrastructure supported CI and SI cars.

I personally buy high-mileage fun-to-drive) cars for under $5k, replace the engine and trans and drive them for less than another $5k and proceed to drive it into the ground for 5-8 years (another 150-200k), then sell it for more than I have in it and repeat.

I could not do that with an E-vehicle. besides, where do you put the boat or RV while the vehicle is charging?

roscoe

Supreme Mariner
Atlis truck may be making some big news this year.
Focussed on work/industrial trucks.
Revolves around new battery design, cube cell.
Supposed to fully charge in 15 minutes.

No, it doesn't use any charger currently available.
Their charger dumps huge amounts of energy into the battery, and somehow doesn't overheat or melt the battery.

They are supposed to have trucks for sale later this year.
Also looking for investors with $300 to $1,000,000 to invest.

Might be a gold mine, a platinum mine, or a mud hole.

Just something to watch, and then wish I had invested.

tpenfield

Staff member
oooohhhh another electric vehicle thread. where is the eating popcorn emoji.
gif-eating-popcorn-61.gif

Let's see . . . We have

- What oil should I use? threads

- Electric Vehicle threads

- Gasoline Price threads

All wonderful entertainment . . . :unsure:
🤪

racerone

Supreme Mariner
I can't believe that folks are ready / have spent $50,000 for a vehicle based on pictures and a promise.----These start ups have never sold a vehicle.-----No dealer network.-----No reputation.

Scott Danforth

Staff member
Here is how you charge the battery in 15 minutes

mr-fusion.jpg

alldodge

Staff member
Current Bats are said to last longer before needing replaced if slow charged.

Wonder where Bats get recycled, currently I haven't found a place that specifically takes them, only places that you can drop your small ones off like Lowes. Regular Bats are paying 0.25 per pound

roscoe

Supreme Mariner
weld rivet side note, literally. I miss that cartoon video.
synth crude
wet agm
2 stroke 4 stroke
boatlife flexseal sillycone 3m5200
hammer striker
side scan down scan wide beam chirp fake chirp no chirp

movie theater veggie oil or real butter which begs the question.....
white Yellow baby white red mushroom butterfly ladyfinger

Scott Danforth

Staff member
weld rivet side note, literally. I miss that cartoon video.
synth crude
wet agm
2 stroke 4 stroke
boatlife flexseal sillycone 3m5200
hammer striker
side scan down scan wide beam chirp fake chirp no chirp

movie theater veggie oil or real butter which begs the question.....
white Yellow baby white red mushroom butterfly ladyfinger
so you're traveling up-stream in your barbed wire canoe and your chain breaks. How many pancakes does it take to wallpaper the ceiling?

MRS

Commander
gif-eating-popcorn-61.gif

Let's see . . . We have

- What oil should I use? threads

- Electric Vehicle threads

- Gasoline Price threads

All wonderful entertainment . . . :unsure:
🤪
You forgot trailer tire air pressure and what are the best tires.😜

bigdee

Commander
Can anyone recommend what weight oil and filter is best for these vehicles.

Reactions: MRS

tpenfield

Staff member
If we are going to figure out this electric vehicle thing, maybe we should start with a brain teaser as a warm-up.

3 men and 5 hats
Three wise men are told to stand in a straight line, one in front of the other. A hat is put on each of their heads. They are told that each of these hats was selected from a group of five hats: two black hats and three white hats. The first man, standing at the front of the line, can’t see either of the men behind him or their hats. The second man, in the middle, can see only the first man and his hat. The last man, at the rear, can see both other men and their hats.

None of the men can see the hat on his own head. They are asked to deduce its color. Some time goes by as the wise men ponder the puzzle in silence. The man in the back of the line says he'd only be guessing. The man in the middle of the line also says he'd only be guessing. Finally the first one, at the front of the line, makes an announcement: “My hat is white.”

He is correct. . . How did he come to this conclusion?

:)

roscoe

Supreme Mariner
If the man, the man back saw 2 black hats, he would know his was white.
So he is not looking at 2 black hats. At least 1 of the men in front of him is wearing a white hat.

The man in the middle now knows that they are both not wearing black hats. If he was looking at a black hat on the man in front, he would know that his hat was white. So he is not looking at a black hat on the man in front.

The man in front now knows that he is not wearing a black hat, so he must be wearing a white hat.

southkogs

Staff member
The man in the middle now knows that they are both not wearing black hats. If he was looking at a black hat on the man in front, he would know that his hat was white. So he is not looking at a black hat on the man in front.
^^^ That's the piece I was missing. Nice job @roscoe