Ebko boats?

Status
Not open for further replies.

sheltonchris1

Seaman Apprentice
Re: Ebko boats?

Yeah, I'm actually the guy who bought the boat from Carl. We have been having a lot of fun continuing the work Carl started. At this point, the engine is basically done, we installed a new battery and box for the battery and everything is wired in. We also installed a new started and alternator changed the oil and spark plugs and put a new lower shift cable on the engine and outdrive. (that was quite a job) We redid the swim deck and some other spots with new teak and working on a couple of other places. We carpeted the sun deck, bench seat, and front of the bench seat. It seems to be working great as a temporary cheap fix until I want to get into the excitement of upholstering the bench. It may happen sooner than I thought, but I at least wanted to get it functional. We waxed the entire outside of the boat and are working on some of the more challenging areas to wax. I'm working now on replacing the cleats and the navigation light on the front of the boat as well as getting a captains chair and finding someone to reupholster the bow seating area. I will be posting pictures of all the work so far as soon as I get a chance to take a few. More to come soon.

chrisdsimpson

Recruit

Hi there

I just bought a 1979 Ebko Cobra. It has about 60 hours on it and almost everything seems to work on it. It is 19' long and has a Chevy 305(228hp)
V8 with the mercruiser 228 outdrive. I will get some pictures of it uploaded soon. If anyone needs any info on this boat I would be glad to share what I have. I did get all the original owners manuals and the chiltons book on the engine/outdrive. I am just waiting for the weather to get a bit nicer in the northern Nevada area to take her out!

ebkocobra6x4_02.jpg

jwrecker

Recruit

Hey, Ive got a 4 cyl. 140 horse Mercruiser engine. Heres some more pics of my boat including interior. I was told it was original. I hope to begin restoration on mine soon...I dont think Im going back original tho, I dont really like the button look...

Ive got the same boat minus red trim. Runs well. Brought it down from Mich to FLA....salt water is upseting the freshwater boat.

Ebko

Ebko

Ok its my turn to post. Wow I cant believe that there is a place for us to chat. I was given an Ebko for a debit that was owed and have been rebuilding it off and on for two years now. But I am about to devote some serious time to her. I am amazed at how well this little boat has weathered. I will give her life story in another post. She has had a rough one. Oh for those who will ask I don't know the type but she is a 21ft Bow rider with a Volvo AQ125 4 cyl with a 270 I/O. She currently has problems engine wise but once that gets square its a total redo on the interior. Ok I have to go to bed fr work tomorrow but I will try to get pictures and history later. Ps any Ideas and help would be appreciated. thanks Mike.

ebcocaptain

Recruit

Hey fellow Ebconians.
I recently obtained a 20' Ebco somethingoranother. It looks a lot like the picture Chris Simpson posted. It has a Ford 351 Windsor with an OMC outdrive. Will be spending this year replacing the entire floor and interior. It was ripped apart by the previous owner and left to rot. The hull looks to be in good shape as well as the teak trim. The engine was also rebuilt about 5 years ago but has not been started in the past 4 years. Any pictures of interiors would be greatly apreciated since there is nothing left of this one.

Update:9/1/09 I finally got it running but haven't started the floor yet. Engine sounds good though. I did some more seaching and I believe model is called a LeBaron. Not 100% sure but info is hard to come by. Will keep updates coming as work progresses.

Last edited:

2broke4this

Petty Officer 2nd Class

Hello all! It's killing me not to have a boat anymore... Ahh well...

If you want some pictures of my teardown and rebuild process, you can go onto Cardomain and search for the same username as I use on here. If you look at the last few pages of each van (had the white as the first tow vehicle and the green one as the second.. you'll understand)... you can see a decent amount of pictures. Let me know if you have any specific questions!

-Carl

Zschoettmer

Recruit

Hey everyone, I am new to this site. I was on here looking for so info on Ebko boats and saw this thread and had to join. I have been around boats my entire life, but have never owned one of my own. I just bought a 1976 Ebko with a 115 Evinrude on the back. I will be doing some work to it but overall it is a pretty nice little boat. I believe it is just under 17 foot. I really enjoy some of the pics you guys have posted. I will try and get some pics of mine posted but I am not even going to go get it for another week or so.

Capn Pete

Recruit

1987 Ebko Monte Carlo V165 Bowrider w/ 3.0L Mercruiser & an Alpha I outdrive. She's a beauty for her age. I recently pulled her out of storage (had her stored for 3 years) and had her out on the water last week. Currently working on cosmetic stuff and finishing some minor mechanical issues. I will post some pics soon.

chevyguy84

Recruit

me and two of my friends wer just given an ebko boat for free and it needs a new deck because it is rotten. none of us have ever worked on a boat before, im a car guy and work in a body shop, so i think we can manage it but we arent sure where to start and what exactly to do. if anyone can help me out and tell me the process and give me a few tips and pointers it would be greatly apreciated.

Drew up North

Recruit

I am also a new Ebko boat owner. I bought a 1987 Ebko Monte Carlo with a 2.3L 4 cyl Ford engine OMC outdrive. I know very little about it but working on it has been fun. Any idea on the manuals for Ebko? Has anyone found a source. I don't even know the correct procedure for starting the beast seems the auto choke is sticking closed.

Drew up North

Recruit

Nice boat Capn Pete. That looks just like mine except for a few small details. I have a 2.3 L 128 HP I/O

Cimmaron

Recruit

I just purchased an Ebko Cimmaron 16' V hull walk through windshield with a 140 Evinrude . After a lot of research I found out they were built in Hastings Nebraska. I was looking through Craig's List in Nebraska and found a few for sale, also I came across an add from a guy named Gilbert who lives in Hastings Nebraska and repairs and restores boats and said he specializes in Ebko boats! I figure maybe he worked for Ebko boats? His phone # is (402) 705-7156 and (402) 461-3418 Maybe he could answer questions everyone has!

Jimmy

Ken Teeter

Recruit

I just bought an 1979 EBCO boat (Cobra?) from my neighbor (HIN # EBK10201M79). He bought it 2 years ago but used it only once soon after he got it and has been setting garaged ever since. He recently spent a ton on money on mechanical stuff and asked me if I would help him take it out for a try. Well, we got to the lake and it wouldn't start (Lake of the Ozarks). On the way home he was so frustrated he offered to sell it cheap. An offer I couldn't refuse. I farted with it a little and got in started (on the trailer), so we took it back to the Missouri River because it was close. After a little rough running, coughing and sputtering it finally started running like a top. Think it just needed running. We ran a tank of gas out of it and it runs awesome !!!

As I am finding out, this is a rare boat and not much info out there so glad to find this site. Mine also has that 228 hp engine (Chevy 305?) and it measures 19 ft. from bow to stern. Mercruiser outdrive. Boat is in good shape. Just needs some TLC and some use. There are no books or manuals, so am interested in finding anything available like that.

I inhereted a 1970 16 ft Mark Twain 120 hp IO from my Dad that has been garaged forever, and is in excellent condition. So, I needed another boat like another hole in my head, but I am excited about my new toy.

Ken Teeter, Ashland, Mo. cell phone 573-808-0718 teeterpig@aol.com

1979 EBKO, 228 hp, 305 Chev, Mercruiser

Last edited:

Notsosalty_yet

Recruit

I have a 16 ft. 1972 ecko scream machine with a 135hp johnson on the back! I'll post pictures as soon as I'm done restoring it.

gl1100ryder

Cadet

Newbie here. I'm going to be picking up this Ebko and was hoping I can get some info about what model Ebko it is. The ident tag says "EBKO1970M72D"
It has an older 50hp Evinrude outboard on it, serial# 50515-06963

Any help is appreciated.

Thanks!

-Josh

PS.- I have found out that the motor is an Evinrude, not a Johnson and that the boat is a 1972 per the HIN. However, I still don't know what model the boat is. It appears to be in the neighborhood of 16'.

Attachments

• 06030627a.jpg
    06030627a.jpg
    135.7 KB · Views: 2
  • 06030627b.jpg
    06030627b.jpg
    133.2 KB · Views: 2
  • 06030627.jpg
    06030627.jpg
    142.7 KB · Views: 1
  • 06030628.jpg
    06030628.jpg
    139.1 KB · Views: 1
  • 06030628a.jpg
    06030628a.jpg
    137.2 KB · Views: 2
Last edited:

cbutler619

Recruit
Re: Ebko boats? Hot Rod beauty for sale.

Re: Ebko boats? Hot Rod beauty for sale.

My wife has been running a boat storage business for about 10 years. We have ended up with a Beautiful 1979 Ebko LeBaron 20' in mint condition. I haven't seen another like this model. Overbuilt with a chevy OMC 350 /265hp with a mercruiser outdrive. The mechanicals were gone through in 2005 but it had not been in the water since. I just had it gone through again and it is ready to go. Just a perfect boat that looks like new. We are having the interior detailed. It was double covered and stored in side. It has very low hours. This was Ebko's top of the line runabout at that time and is fully loaded with trim tabs, and a factory installed Halon fire suppression system. Double Axle trailer with surge brakes. The bearings were cleaned and repacked 3 weeks ago when we had the mechanicals gone though. Unfortunately we are not a boating family. This is a very rare solid boat in mint condition. I'd love to keep it but I have one kid in college and another starting next year. I just can't justify it. It needs to go to someone who knows what a rare and special performance boat it is. I'm looking for $10,000 for it. That would include full canvas and a cover in perfect shape. e mail cbutler619@comcast.net I'm in Brentwood in Northern California right on the Delta. It is a beauty with the power to seat six and still get a skier or wakeboarder up in a hurry. Would also be a great fisher with it's deep V handling rough water.

Attachments

• IMG00019-20100503-1405.3.jpg
    IMG00019-20100503-1405.3.jpg
    126.2 KB · Views: 1
  • IMG00021-20100503-1406.jpg
    IMG00021-20100503-1406.jpg
    134.9 KB · Views: 1
  • IMG00026-20100503-1409.jpg
    IMG00026-20100503-1409.jpg
    153.9 KB · Views: 2
  • IMG00023-20100503-1407.jpg
    IMG00023-20100503-1407.jpg
    127.6 KB · Views: 2
  • Standing on the trailer tongue.jpg
    Standing on the trailer tongue.jpg
    80.7 KB · Views: 2
Last edited:

86 ebko

Recruit

Just to let you all know, I did a bit of research and think I know why the manufacturing facility closed. Appears that they may have got into trouble with the EPA and were involved with a superfund site. Here's the link... http://www.epa.gov/region7/cleanup/npl_files/ned980862668.pdf

BTW... I am like you, have a EBKO that I am restoring (86 Monte Carlo, O/B 110hp)

86 ebko

Recruit

Additionally, EBKO Industries in Hastings, NE is the same as Phillips Industries. I am planning on calling them to see if they have any replacement parts leftover after they were forced to shut down.

Phillips Industries
362 Rd 3167
Hastings, NE 68901
(402) 463-3141

Status
Not open for further replies.