Driving and Cell Phones

Terry H

Lieutenant Commander
Re: Driving and Cell Phones

Originally posted by alden:<br /> Who the heck is Homer Simpson Chief?
Homer is a "cartoon caricature of the quintessential stereotypical American male". Chief ;)

oddjob

Commander

Originally posted by dogsdad:<br /> I would suggest that the folks who are idiots when a cell phone is stuck to their ears are idiots without the phone stuck to their ears. How about banning stupidity?<br /><br />Seriously, though...driving has become so bad that I think it's time to bring on MANDATORY Driver's Ed. Cell phone, schmell phone.
I agree...I decided awhile back....that the way people behave and interact when driving is a good indication of how they behave privately in their own worlds. I've often heard it said that people change when they get behind the wheel because they believe themselves to be anonymous.<br /><br />I dont buy that at all.

D

DJ

waterone wrote:<br /><br />
I hate to say it, but lets face the truth, we are all burning fuel and polluting our air and water for our own personal pleasure.....boating is not a necessity, it is only for our pleasure. What happens when the rest of the world decides that we are a menace to society and we need to be banned ??? What if property owners around lakes and rivers said that we were poisoning their children's water and air....and something needed to be done about it ??
We-humans-are a very ARROGANT species.<br /><br />We HONESTLY think, outside of a nuclear winter, that we can actually effect this earths climate.<br /><br />Whether you are a Creationist, or evolutionist, the truths, of the past cannot be denied.<br /><br />There have been volcanic eruptions, meteorite hits, etc., that have changed the face of this earth over the millenium.<br /><br />To think that we are actually changing the earths patterns is again: <br /><br />Pure arrogance.<br /><br />The US is the cleanest nation on the planet. Get over it, the problem is NOT here. Look elsewhere. Third world nations, with populations far exceeding ours, are causing some concern-in our eyes.<br /><br />Crippling US industry is NOT THE ANSWER, regardless of what pundits might say.<br /><br />Again, the problem isn't here.

waterone1@aol.com

Lieutenant Junior Grade

DJ, I don't know why you used my post as an example.....but you said it better than I could.I don;t feel guilty about anything I do...that includes smoking. I'm glad we realized some things...non smokers should not have to be in an elevator with smokers...that makes sense. This whole hysteria about second hand smoke outdoors is stupid! People need to get a grip !

johnson-liner

Petty Officer 1st Class

Been kind of lurking for a while, but can't leave this one alone...<br /><br />I'm surprised no one mentioned those truckers and their dang dangerous CB's! :rolleyes: How come they're getting off so easy :D <br /><br />This has got to be one of the most ridiculous arguments I've seen here. THE SECOND HAND SMOKE FROM THE CAR IN FRONT OF YOU IS MAKING YOU GAG?!?! HA HAHAHA!!!!! <br /><br />Here's a little trick....ROLL UP YOUR WINDOW! :p <br /><br />Anywho....in my opinion anyway, the biggest problem with society today is this "save us from our own stupidity" attitude. It's making society as a whole less intellegent. See, all of the stupid people that would normally be killed off by their idiotic acts (thus ending their line of "idiot" genes) aren't able to off themselves doing something stupid as easily as they once could. Instead, they end up reproducing (usually way too much) and pass on their "idiot" genes to their offspring and the dumbazz cycle lives on.<br /><br />There's a time and place for everything. Moving through 4 lanes of congested traffic during rush hour would be a bad time to use your cell phone, just as it would be a bad time to put on makeup, eat a burger, talk on a CB (oh my!) and pick your nose. <br /><br />Now, if your on say a two lane interstate with light traffic and cruise set passing a car here and there....it's hardly less than a perfect time to maybe make a call have a snack or do some snot mining. <br /><br />I'm gonna go finish installing the CB in the Jeep and see how many times I get pulled over for talking on a phone only to be let go because it was only a CB (apparently there's a big difference) :rolleyes: :D :D