Does this look like a '64 MFG?

Jon Sob

Master Chief Petty Officer
Re: Does this look like a '64 MFG?

So Ed ..... are you saying that the floor wouldn't be attched to the stringers?

*EdC*

Senior Chief Petty Officer

So Ed ..... are you saying that the floor wouldn't be attched to the stringers?

Yup!

You can just let them lay in there. Or better yet, maybe add some heavy duty Velcro !:)

Jon Sob

The only problem is that I have back to back seats that need to be mounted.

*EdC*

The only problem is that I have back to back seats that need to be mounted.

Humm.. Gota think on that. BTW, I did a little reasearch on your boat, and I believe it's older than a '64. I don't see a Corry listed in the '64 catalog,.However I do see it in the '63

Mark_VTfisherman

Lieutenant

I always thought the carefree was a smaller version of the Niagara... I have owned my '64 Niagara for almost twenty years now, and I am sure it is a '64. However, the ribs you mention and show in the photos completely do not exist on my '64. Thoughts?

I *have* seen some late 50s MFGs which had a 'glass hull and wood decks but had some ribs which I always have assumed were wood. Could this be from the fifties?

*EdC*

Jon,
Had another look at my literature... The only "Corry" I could find was in the 1960 catalog. In catalogs '61, '62 and '63, they list them as Carefree(s)

Jon Sob

The only thing that I can find on my boat was a link sent to me and it is titled The fast, frisky "big-13's" and it shows a very grainy picture of my boat. Here it is: http://www.fiberglassics.com/wiki/images/4/47/Mfgb60005.jpg

The bill of sale from when the PO had purchased it in '84 said: " '64 MFG fiberglass boat" and that was it.

Ed .... where did you see that in the catalog?

Jon Sob

In that link the top boat is mine and has the same design on the top of the bow including the light and cleats. It says it is a Corry Carefree but doesn't give the year.

*EdC*

That catalog is from 1960. I have one. I'll try to take a photo an post it here.

*EdC*

Here ya go......

DSCF0133.jpg

Jon Sob

Wow ..... that's cool that you have one. I think that is the same one in the link I have but yours is a lot clearer. That is a pic of the Suburban .... is there a pic of the Carefree? Is there a way to photocopy it and send a copy to me I will gladly pay you for it.

*EdC*

Gimmie a day or two, I'll see what I can do. I just packed them all away :rolleyes:

Jon Sob

Ok ...... thanks Ed

*EdC*

Jon

Check your PM inbox......

Jon Sob

Hey ED ..... you said that was a 1960 catalog so that means my boat is not a '64 like the bill of sale stated.

Jon Sob

My boat is pictured in that catalog and I have not been able to find another photo anywhere else. I can't wait to see that catalog. Thank You!!!!

Mark_VTfisherman

Lieutenant

Hey ED ..... you said that was a 1960 catalog so that means my boat is not a '64 like the bill of sale stated.

That happens. My '64 Niagara was sold to me as a '73 somewhere around 1993ish. I thought it odd when trying to get parts for the motor that the serial #s came back to a '64 Johnson. By late 90s with the internet in full blossom I was able to prove that I had a 1964 MFG Niagara. The trailer also traced back to a 1964 Sea King... Everything was likely bought through Montgomery Ward as a package of all three: boat, motor, trailer.

Sometimes people just guess.............

Jon Sob

That is crazy .... I guess I just thought that boats were like cars and as they are registered a record would follow the boat but I guess that's not how it works.