Did tylerin make it!!!/ Heard from Bassy

Barlow

Lieutenant Commander
Re: Did tylerin make it!!!/ Heard from Bassy

double your pleasure :rolleyes:

Barlow

Lieutenant Commander

holy crap .. yea i sorta over looked and brain farted the situation too.. <br /><br />hope things are goin' ok Tylerin .. buildin' an ark yet?<br /><br />again, hope all is well.

spratt

Lieutenant

Originally posted by tylerin:<br /> Thanks for your concern Spinner. Raining cats and dogs. My horses are knee high in mud. I've never seen it rain like this. I kind of like it. Mudslides are very unfortunate. They stick houses out here were they don't belong.
Listened to a talk show thing on NPR this morning about Ventura County, La Conchita specifically. The residents were saying that noone should tell them whether they can live there or not, and they were upset that all teh government did was build a $400K wall before to protect them. They feel they should be allowed to build a house on any hillside and be protected by the State against a slide. Even in the face of 10 dead in their community. What idiots. Not that they feel Gov should not tell them wheret o live, but to build where it is a known slide problem.

Barlow

Lieutenant Commander

Originally posted by FlatBottoms:<br />
Originally posted by tylerin:<br /> Thanks for your concern Spinner. Raining cats and dogs. My horses are knee high in mud. I've never seen it rain like this. I kind of like it. Mudslides are very unfortunate. They stick houses out here were they don't belong.
Listened to a talk show thing on NPR this morning about Ventura County, La Conchita specifically. The residents were saying that noone should tell them whether they can live there or not, and they were upset that all teh government did was build a $400K wall before to protect them. They feel they should be allowed to build a house on any hillside and be protected by the State against a slide. Even in the face of 10 dead in their community. What idiots. Not that they feel Gov should not tell them wheret o live, but to build where it is a known slide problem.
yea just like the crazy bastages on the coast line too .. <br /><br />what? a big storm and angry seas??.. geesh .. I guess we'll rebuild ..AGAIN! :confused:

aspeck

Staff member

Originally posted by tylerin:<br /> Things to do today.........<br />e-mail Gauge (I do every day Mon-Fri)<br />
No wonder we haven't seen Crappy, er, uh, I mean SUper Carp around lately. He is JEALOUS! He said GG and Tylerin had a thing going on! Guess he knew more than we gave him credit!<br /> ;) :p :D <br /><br />In all seriousness, I am worried about Bassy, anybody heard from her at all? By email? Hope all is well.

tylerin

Commander

Bassy is getting dumped on too, but recently lost one of her in-laws. Spending time w/ family I presume

oddjob

Commander

Hey I just got here TY. I've been busy sending you a thread about foosball. I know that I have seen some info on TDM and from Spinner but I have avoided this thread for awhile because SBN was calling on you and I have seen you post....<br /><br />Anyway, I'm very sorry for the tragedy happening around you and would be happy to make a donation for the cause. I dont always answer everyones prayers here and it is not because I dont care. I did not send Carpys cause any money and I'm sorry for that. There are alot of charities and causes that went without due to my divorse along with temporary allimony (and for the next five years 300 monthly). That, and the fact that the kids are with me has made me very stingy until I'm confident that I can meet my new bugit( also with refinancing the house),etc.<br /><br />I care....And I wish I could care more sometimes...Good luck, try to be safe, and contact me with an address and I will respond.<br /><br /> :)

KaGee

Admiral

Our hearts and prayers go out to EVERYONE across this country and the world, that are suffering today as a result of Mother Nature.<br /><br />I think since 9/11 it's been difficult to properly show and extend proper expression towards the suffering. Everyday seems like it's something else going on. There's only so much emotion to go around. Just look at the support for the war on terror... that speaks volumes.<br /><br />Just got my home owners insurance policy renewal... another whalloping increase. So, in a way we are all suffering from the rampage of nature. No matter where we live.

roscoe

Supreme Mariner

I had no idea we had any members in the rain/flood/mudslide area. I hope all is well with all involved. I've also been a bit on the busy side, didn't even hear about it till 26 hours later, and missed this post till now.<br /><br />Me thinks Bassy is curled up by the fire, all safe and warm. (but maybe without isp service.)

SoulWinner

Commander

Man, mud slides in CA, rivers over thier banks in Nevada, and couple other states, ice and snow storms in the mid west. There are a lot of folks who could use some prayer. My thoughts are with those who are enduring this, and I appreciate your prayers when Ivan hit us.

bubbakat

Captain

tylerin Hope for the best for you guys out there.<br />Sure hope bassy is making it to.

kenimpzoom

Rear Admiral

Just saw some videos, looks like a mess over there.<br /><br />Hope everyone makes it okay.<br /><br />Ken

62_Kiwi

Lieutenant Junior Grade

Tylerin - good to see that you're still with us mate! - Hope you don't get too much damage! <br /><br />I hope all the other Californian iboaters are ok too.<br /><br />The world's weather has sure gone loopy....I haven't noticed many posts from our Australian friends either - there's been some very severe bushfires over there.

FLATHEAD

Captain

Dude what can I say,, just saw this thread myself :( <br /><br />I always thought it went without saying that this little group of folks here would wish nothing but the best for each other. Kinda disappointed that it took a nasty turn like it did. Lighten up GG, Some of us are kinda busy and have not been able to see each and every thread. It takes me a good 15 minutes to get on this site and look at two or three threads with this lousy dial up set up. <br /><br />All that said I wish nothing but the best for my friends fromm iboats that are in the mist of this disaster :(

sangerwaker

Commander

Gosh dang it all, I'm late AGAIN!<br /><br />Sorry I didn't see or post earlier folks.<br /><br />Ty, hope you and others in the areas affected by all that awful weather are doing OK. Really looks like a mess out on the western part of the country. Hopefully mother nature will give you a break and take a nap or something.

ebbtide176

Commander

yes, i didn't check into this thread until i noticed it back up near top. "calling xxx" i don't check on initially. unless i have lots of time here, which is rare.<br /><br />i 2nd FHead's opinion that hopefully everyone knows we're a big family and concerned for each other just the same.<br /><br />a prayer has been offerred by me, and i wish those getting the rough weather good health & relief from harm & incident. :D <br /><br /><br />ps: i probably won't be sending any hallmark cards tho, just this mssg ;)

LadyFish

Admiral

I just watched the videos on Fox, what a mess. Totally devestating some areas. The loss of property and lives has all of us praying for you Californians. :(

Kenneth Brown

Captain

Best of luck to ya'll. I have been away for a day and all this has come up. I remember Bassy talking about 118 inches of snow on a mountain but I have no idea of Californias geography.

gaugeguy

Captain

Originally posted by Flahthead:<br />Lighten up GG, Some of us are kinda busy
Crawling back under the bridge now FH. ;) <br /><br />That's more like it guys :cool:

tylerin

Commander

Originally posted by gaugeguy:<br />
Originally posted by Flahthead:<br />Lighten up GG, Some of us are kinda busy
Crawling back under the bridge now FH. ;) <br /><br />That's more like it guys :cool:
FH, to Gauges defense, I had e-mailed him prior to his post and he knew I was upset. Gauge, being a good friend, (Best friend I never met :) )he left that post. My bad<br />To all concerned and who have responded I thank you from the bottom of my heart