Dear Liberal American,

Link

Rear Admiral
Re: Dear Liberal American,

azfyrfyter63 <br />
just last week my brother, who has been in the Navy for 15 years, found out he is making Chief. He went in as low as they go, passed Nuclear Power School, got his dolphins, and has spent the last 15 years on submarines (with a 2.5 year recruiting hiatus). I'm going to Pearl to see him pinned. Just thought I'd share that.
For those who dont know.<br />The making of Chief in the Navy is a very, very Big Deal and the Hazing they go through for a couple weeks prior to being pinned is awesome. Down right scarey in some cases. But its something that binds all Chiefs together and a great Navy Tradition. Once a Chief, Always a Chief.<br />Big Congrats to your brother<br />PS<br />Dont expect your brother to be much company after the Ceremony. The last one I attended, I drove three of the newly pinned Chiefs home and none of them lasted 5 minutes in the van before they were out cold! (totally exhausted) :D :D

ErikDC

Petty Officer 1st Class

azfyrftr, let your brother know that Johnstown, Ohio congratulates him and thanks him! Thanks for the heads up, Link.

dogsdad

Lieutenant

Ya know...after rerading the first five or six posts on this thread, it occurred to me: we have too much deep-seated, irrational, and undeserved loyalties to the two parties. And I think we can thank the lawyers. Another classic example of "divide and conquer," don'tcha know? The repubs are showing themselves to be just another brand of POLITICIAN, and as low as the scaliest, slimiest Ted Kennedy-style democrat. <br /><br />I'm fed up with ALL of them, and it's time for TERM LIMITS and a prohibition against lawyers in government! Maybe it's time to take all the lawyers in government and line them up against the wall and...<br /><br /><br />-dd-

PW2

Commander

Yes, indeed, am a sailor, although I also own and use a powerboat.<br /><br />And I will your consider your argument against welfare, although I have a hard time believing that the 45 million people (or whatever the number is) in this country without health insurance are simply lazy and dumb.<br /><br />But whatever, I will consider it if we include corporate welfare, and the recent example of the energy bill, which pays little more than lip service to alternative fuels and conservation, and are for the most part a massive corporate welfare program for large oil companies.<br /><br />The difference between the corporate welfare recipient and the individual is that the individual somehow has to show that they both need it and deserve it--there is no such restriction for the corporate recipient.<br /><br />And you are right, there is nothing that specifically entitles citizens to affordable health care. Nor is there a guarantee that disabled citizens deserve some benefits, or seniors with medicaid. <br />It is simply what wealthy civilized nations do--because they can. And they all do, save one.<br /><br />And I can't follow your argument about religion. I have no idea what you are saying. Are you saying that as long as the religion being promoted by the government is your religion, you aren't being persecuted for it?<br /><br />As far as abortion goes, there are lots of restrictions currently in place--each individual religion have differing views on the subject---but within certain limits (viability of the fetus) it ought to be up to the woman to decide based on whatever she chooses to use to decide--<br /><br />Otherwise, we should ban many forms of birth control as well, like an IUD for example, whose whole theory is to abort a newly concieved fetus.<br /><br />and I have no idea where having sex with children in Thailand ever entered the conversation, except to say whoever included it I am sure could not pass a college level logic class.

txswinner

Banned

I was reading this post and noted in Aug 4 DJ the remark that Dem's see illegals as VOTES. DJ illegals do not get to vote, unless and I would not be surprized if you thought the DEMS somehow get them registered.

txswinner

Banned

Hey Boomyal, Did you know it was those left wing liberal ***** pukes at the ACLU that defended the right (and lost) to keep the 10 Commandments at the court in Alabama. Then the slim balls got involved in Texas and we have to see them on the Capital ground in Austin. This must really make you angry.

oddjob

Commander

Originally posted by txswinner:<br /> I was reading this post and noted in Aug 4 DJ the remark that Dem's see illegals as VOTES. DJ illegals do not get to vote, unless and I would not be surprized if you thought the DEMS somehow get them registered.
Illegals in Ca. get a drivers lis. which also doubles as a voter card .....this was by design....<br /><br />I guess your unawear(sp)

txswinner

Banned

If you are right guess it makes since. Oh isn't Ca. where they have the son of a former SS officer, admitted woman molester, admitted illegal drug user, right wing conservative REPUBLICAN governor? Who got the illegals votes? Come on man this is a dumb dumb idea.

txswinner

Banned

Oddjob, So you live in Florida, guess you do know how to control election votes. Just kidding but it was too easy to pass.

txswinner

Banned

Can't not remark on the abortion issue. I personally think it is a moral matter and do not believe we can legislate morality. Alcohol, drugs, tobacco as examples. However, just as before Roe vs. Wade, even less fortunate will be able to get abortion it will just be less safe in the back room. In my hometown, they were performed by an LVN in a second bedroom for $300.

txswinner

Banned

Meant to say can not pass on addressing the abortion issue.

tony779

Cadet

I cant believe that anyone could be for the "woman's right to choose". Before you throw out the "It's not a human being" argument, did you know there is now a test that can determine the sex of a baby at 5 weeks? I believe that a baby is a baby is a baby from the time of conception but even going off of the pro choice argument, that should prove that it is a human being at 5 weeks. We are allowing future residents of our country to be murdered before they have a chance to show us what they are made of. Some of these same people that argue for abortion are against the death penalty. What kind of reasoning is that?

D

DJ

1.37 MILLION "potential Americans" killed last year.<br /><br />Until this is remedied, I'm all for the STOP of premature baby care. Pick your children? How disgusting!!!!

alden135

Lieutenant Commander

Originally posted by mercmakinmemad:<br /> Some of these same people that argue for abortion are against the death penalty. What kind of reasoning is that?
The same reasoning that puts a dad in jail (as he should be) for hitting pregnant mom in the stomach, thereby causing a miscarriage. But if mom decides to have the baby's brains sucked out it's called "choice".

Boomyal

Supreme Mariner

Originally posted by txswinner:<br /> Then the slim balls got involved in Texas and we have to see them on the Capital ground in Austin.
A great big whoopy dee do for the ACLU. They take on one valid case out of hundreds and you think that makes them fair and balanced, as in a much ballyhooed moderate. And then they lose at that. Sounds like a token case that they took on to justify my tax money they are spending.<br /><br />As far as the Ten Commandments continueing to see the public light of day in Tejas, I just know that you would rather see 100's of babies killed or the mainstreaming of homosexuality before you had to cast your self righteous eyes on a set of ten laws that have kept Western Civilization from self destructing lo these past centuries. :rolleyes:

ErikDC

Petty Officer 1st Class

Here's how I view the whole shebang. Pro choice activists usually hide behind the term "women's right to choose." Okay, to me that sounds like if the woman chooses to abort the child (note, I did not say fetus) whether or not they're not ready for motherhood, finances can't support the child, wanted a girl instead of a boy, etc. is just okey dokey in all forms. I view that as a lack of love and compassion for a living human being and yes, I firmly believe that life begins at conception. I don't buy into the "viable fetus" argument because miracles happen all the time and even the best physicians are proven wrong all the time. To me, love and compassion means giving someone a chance, born or unborn, no matter what. No judicial decisions or devil's advocate arguments will ever sway my belief so don't even try. A life is a life. Not trying to start an argument with anyone here because you're not gonna get it from me. With all due respect, of course.