Danica Patrick

demsvmejm

Master Chief Petty Officer
Re: Danica Patrick

Originally posted by Hello:<br /> Is Danica a lesbian?<br /><br />Anyone know?
And what difference does it make? That's a chauvinistic question. Maybe you aren’t, but it is.

JB

Honorary Moderator Emeritus

In F1 the minimum weight limit includes the driver, but not fuel.<br /><br />A 100lb driver would allow the engineers to make the car heavier and stronger.<br /><br />F1 technology is so far advanced that 10 liters of fuel can make a 1 second per lap difference.<br /><br />re: Michael Schumacher: Kimi Raikonnen and Fernando Alonzo are possibly better drivers than "The Schue" this year. He is 36 years old and for the first time in years doesn't have a greatly superior car and is on poor tires unless they are hot, but with sound tires that are hot and a light fuel load he is still a major threat.

Boomyal

Supreme Mariner

Originally posted by David L. Moore:<br />
Originally posted by Hello:<br /> Is Danica a lesbian?<br /><br />Anyone know?
And what difference does it make? That's a chauvinistic question. Maybe you aren’t, but it is.
Maybe some wouldn't have warm fuzzies for lesbians David L. It was a perfectly NORMAL question. Anyway, since 'they' have tried to normalize 'it', tis another reason that 'it' was a fair question. And also, since when is a question about ones sexual preferance chauvinistic. Me thinks you have bought into self rightous political correctism a wee bit too much.

QC

Supreme Mariner

Originally posted by KenImpZoom:<br /> I think NASCAR will race in the rain on a road course.
They were already set to run in the rain a couple of years ago. Went so far as to require wiper motors installed and they had rain tires withem as well. I believe it was at Watkins Glen in '02 or '03; they lucked out though and it didn't rain.<br /><br />
Originally posted by KenImpZoom:<br /><br /> Restrictor plates keep the speeds down, which keeps the deaths down. Ken
They actually started using plates because a car got airborne and almost into the stands. They determined that they had to stay below 200 MPH to prevent that. The issue is not the cars, although they keep trying to fix them. The issue is the tracks. Too much banking at Talledega and Daytona allow them to run close to wide open WITHOUT plates. The solution is to take banking out of those two tracks. They have added banking to Homestead, for example, so it can be done. Daytona is a shrine though, and they probably will never touch it . . .

kenimpzoom

Rear Admiral

The lesbian question is legit, men dont want to lust after women that are lesbians. Has nothing to do with her driving ability or anything, just has to do with her sex appeal. She and the media are the ones making a big deal about her gender. IMO, she is just another driver on the track.<br /><br />I really doubt a lesbian would take a photo like that. I dont have a problem with that pic, just a hot girl with a hot car. The funny thing is that she could outdrive most of the men on the track.<br /><br />Ken

roscoe

Supreme Mariner

Sorry JB, I don't think that photo will ever haunt her.<br />But it will haunt me.

JB

Yes. Danica is cute as a lab puppy but I have several grandchildren older than she is so she doesn't raise my adrenalin level. That pic turns me off rather than on.<br /><br />She is a racecar driver. That is what matters to me, along with the fact that she is very talented and flies in the face of prejudices about her being a woman. Time and experience will smooth off the rough edges. The time will come when the men will race to see who can finish second to Danica.<br /><br />Her sexual orientation is her own business and completely irrelevant.

D

DJ

I'm with JB. I finally saw the picture.<br /><br />It was NOT needed. Let her prove herself with her skills, not her appearance.<br /><br />That picture WILL haunt her. It's going to be difficult to gain respect amongst colleagues and some fans with that floating around.<br /><br />Like it, or not, that sport and others are still very much male dominated. Posing as an "object of desire" made her climb to success a much steeper hill.

kenimpzoom

Rear Admiral

DJ and JB, yall are living in an old world.<br /><br />All that maters now is marketability. Pics like that are no longer harmful, in fact they are helpful. Remember Paris Hiltons homemade video? She should thank that exboyfriend who put that on the net.<br /><br />Trust me, there will be tons of advertisers waiting in line to get her on board.<br /><br />She will have a car to drive for at least the next couple of years. Win a race or two, and she will have a car for life.<br /><br />Ken

D

DJ

Ken,<br /><br />Old world, or not. There are, or used to be, standards of decency. Paris Hilton is a moron. Proof positive that money and brains are not necesarily combined. That's why America does not have a "royal family". Those that worship her are too, IMHO. But, I see your point, we tend to celebrate "idiocy" now. <br /><br />Not me.<br /><br />When those "standards" are lost, we are destined for doom. Just ask the Greeks and Romans.<br /><br />History repeats itself.<br /><br />There will be sponsors lined up to promote her, no doubt. Any "responsible" sponsor will drop her like a hot potato if she does it again. The past can be forgiven. Just don't repeat it, if you want the sponsorship.<br /><br />Believe it or not, corporate America does have standards, just not ALL corporations.

kenimpzoom

Rear Admiral

DJ, I agree with you, but I cant think of too many companies that wouldnt do business with Danica just because of those pictures.<br /><br />And yes Paris Hilton is a hughe moron, but she is a very rich moron. Perhaps she is smarter than we think?<br /><br />Ken

D

DJ

Perhaps she is smarter than we think?<br />
No way. She's riding coattails, just like the Kennedy's. <br /><br />I can think of one corporation that would never stoop to that. They would go out of business first.<br /><br />And no, I won't share-which one.

kenimpzoom

Rear Admiral

It just struck me.<br /><br />Danica Patrick - The reality TV show. They follow her life in the Indy race circuit.<br /><br />This girl wants attention (just look at those photos), and she could get some good ratings.<br /><br />Bet ya it will be on TV next year.<br /><br />Ken

SpinnerBait_Nut

This one ain't half bad either for a racer.<br />
113-0504-WOMEN-RE1.jpg

kenimpzoom

Rear Admiral

Spinner, I like her looks better than Danica's. :) <br />Plus she races my kind of race, dragstrip.<br /><br />Ken

JB

Yup, KIZ. It is an old world we "live" in.<br /><br />Fortunately we have been able to discard much that was not good in the "old" world. Our view of decency was one of the good things.<br /><br />The many things that are better in the "new" world do not include what we view as vulgarity, which is taken so much for granted these days. I consider all of those pix vulgar, just as I would have 50 years ago. They portray Danica as a tramp. She is obviously a very talented racecar driver but I think she made a serious error in posing for them.<br /><br />I am not going to admire them, and I don't think many in my generation would either. DJ must be a lot younger than me, but he seems to think about the same way.