cooking

redneck joe

Supreme Mariner
I just eat the rust for a month or so.

I save them as well and I look for the thinner ones. Lodge stopped polishing in late 90s and I want mine smooth. Plus they are lighter and as page I appreciate that more and more.

redneck joe

Supreme Mariner
well back to imgur so i can bore you with more food pics

it was a good pizza night.

Ntzhn6A.jpeg

then a new thing for me, a béchamel sauce with japanese pepper in it topped with caramelized onions and sauteed mushrooms. damn good. Mixed cheese of grueyre, peccarion/romano and full fat mozz

c3gpGn8.jpeg

redneck joe

Supreme Mariner
this was pork tenderloin with various peppers from the garden, some hot some not and fried noodles. Sauce drizzle was fish sauce, soy, touch of brown sugar, splash of hoisin and worcestershire. First time we've used our chopsticks gifted to use from our bonus family from Japan.

GEobTem.jpeg

redneck joe

Supreme Mariner
getting better at brisket, rushed this one a bit will start a few hours earlier next time but the wife who doesn't normally like brisket loved it so I can only imaging how she will react when I get it right

9Q1gu2d.jpeg

redneck joe

Supreme Mariner
I've quit rolling a burrito as normal. Now i do like a pinwheel. Easier to roll and imo to eat

NCstcQx.jpeg

redneck joe

Supreme Mariner
wing night. I've finally gotten her to love them, turns out she thought most any she has ever eaten were not cooked enough which I understand so now I roast at 350 for 20, flip, 20 more then cool in freezer for a bit or awhile then fry hot @400 for 5 min. Fried onions on the side. Making some tonight for the season opener with our chiefs.

w2khkN4.jpg

redneck joe

Supreme Mariner
and for those that missed it on the pic thread, chickens. If you like rotisserie chicken from the store it is in no way comparable to a slow cooked one. Did these at about 300. This was about halfway thru.

4WbVDM2.jpeg

redneck joe

Supreme Mariner
nailed the copy cat pizza hut breadsticks - like they used to be nowadays you get almost zero cheese and it gets crunchy

6xwiVR6.jpeg

jbcurt00

Staff member
Great, now I'm hungry & want a bloody Mary from the midmountain place at Squaw Valley in Tahoo. Best BMs ever.....

ScottinAZ

Master Chief Petty Officer
tonight will be some Tandoori style chicken with garlic naan..... first time trying this recipe, so we will see how it comes out. The chicken is marinating now, so Ill try and remember to get some pics when it goes on the grill later on... Sunday will probably be a smoker day. Picked up a couple of pork butts on sale (this is called a CLUE...), so pulled pork on the Traeger it is!!!!

redneck joe

Supreme Mariner
So ho× cooking the tandoori chicken? I post on skewers and ge the bge nice and hot. Put a can in the center of the coals, put ends in there and against the outside rim. Go until charred. On the naan I've done several 'real' recipies but the half greek yogurt and half self rising flour is out favorite. Great chew. I've never tried sticking to the side of the egg, it's never had a cleaning burn when I want but a cast iron skillet works

Don't forget pics!

ScottinAZ

Master Chief Petty Officer
So ho× cooking the tandoori chicken? I post on skewers and ge the bge nice and hot. Put a can in the center of the coals, put ends in there and against the outside rim. Go until charred. On the naan I've done several 'real' recipies but the half greek yogurt and half self rising flour is out favorite. Great chew. I've never tried sticking to the side of the egg, it's never had a cleaning burn when I want but a cast iron skillet works

Don't forget pics!
Just gonna grill the thighs over charcoal. Naan will be in cast iron then brushed with garlic buttah