cooking

redneck joe

Supreme Mariner
We've qiut buying fancy steaks and have gone to sirloin (buy the whole roast and break down) and flank. Forgot how good beef can taste when it tastes like beef.

redneck joe

Supreme Mariner
sorry folks realized I've not bored you with my cooking pics for over two months so here you go!

The previous evening we had made a accidental almost vegan dish (used butter) of stuffed poblanos with this for the stuffing-

Diced and sauteed:
Mushrooms
Cauliflower
Cumin
Black pepper
Salt

stir in:
Gruyere cheese
Cooked lentils (green)

We had leftovers of the filling of that, so we enhanced it:

Cream cheese
Dried cranberries
Fresh pear
Wild rice blend
Parsley
Kale

We paired it with a whole pork loin so I cut of the ‘tail’, filleted that out and stuffed with the same filling and tied up. The other half just left. Both had a seasoning rub I use. They cook a bit differently so we used the ‘easy bake’ aka toaster over for the squash. A 10 min rest for both and we ate. Really good but not a fan of the skin so I scraped but AC didn’t mind it. Both choices on the pork was awesome.

1670184375890.png

1670184393873.png

redneck joe

Supreme Mariner
my game food for today -

bacon cheeseburger pinwheels and leftover pumpkin pie filling baked without a crust because I didn't feel like making one so now I call it a pudding

1670184648356.png

redneck joe

Supreme Mariner
and last week wife got hangry during a conference call so I fridge dumped a spicy diced pork rangoon set up for her.

1670184787067.png

redneck joe

Supreme Mariner
so when my (now) 80 year old father got home from his month long stay in random apartments in Paris (we went to visit for his bday again this year) his first meal he made himself as the tacos I learned from him and still do to this day. Both recipie have evolved considerably and we enjoy our cooking together and yelling at each other, glass of wine in hand and the other hand in a fist shaking at each other whos current descendants version is best. Lots of the word that starts with b and ends in t about spices and execution.

Then we fill up our glass, sit down to eat and find something else to yell at each other again.

Going to miss that when the time comes so trying to fly out there as much as possible.

Fresh fried shells as always, nothing else in our house(s).

1670185918498.png

Last edited: