Chris Craft, input wanted?

LippCJ7

Vice Admiral
Re: Chris Craft, input wanted?

Just look for the guy with all the hot chicks on the sunpad!

Yeah, I'm sure your wife will be the only hot Lady on that sunpad!

Come to think of it maybe I should follow you around, that way you have a place for them!!

bajaunderground

Lieutenant

Yeah, I'm sure your wife will be the only hot Lady on that sunpad!

Come to think of it maybe I should follow you around, that way you have a place for them!!

Hope to hook up with you guys this summer! Plus Brian (big guy who drank all your beer!) got another yellow boat...I'm pretty sure riding around in yours planted that seed?!

bajaunderground

Lieutenant

Flagpole mounted...I little cheeky, but a throw back to the heritage of Chris Craft (I know, they've exchanged hands a few times).

Got my Jensen MS2013BT and four (4) Kicker 11KM6LW 6.5" speakers (with blue LED lights). Installation tomorrow along with dual battery set-up.

bajaunderground

Lieutenant

Update: re-splashed yesterday...had a tire blow-out on the highway and the boat's not planing as I would expect. I got some diagnostic work to go thru.

A little windy and no real good shots as this was a shake-down cruise to figure out a few things...

further

Lieutenant Junior Grade

Interior looks great Brett! Sorry to hear about the issues; I'm sure you'll have em worked out in no time.

bruceb58

Supreme Mariner

The upholstery guy did a good job on getting the wrinkles out of the first seat I see. Do you know what he ended up doing?

bajaunderground

Lieutenant

The upholstery guy did a good job on getting the wrinkles out of the first seat I see. Do you know what he ended up doing?

I pulled the cover, he re-stapled and heat gun (as was previously suggested by you). The inserts are all me. He spent about 5 hours making new and re-doing (stapling) mine (@$45/hr). All and all, money well spent!

bajaunderground

Lieutenant

Maybe but I would have way more fun playing golf or riding my bike.

Doubtful! The satisfaction you'd get would by far surpass you golfing or bike riding enjoyment...you're like me, satisfaction comes from doing, not from paying!

Besides, think of it as experience!

bajaunderground

Lieutenant

Got the new wheels for the trailer (Black steelies 15" x 7" with Goodyear Marathon 225/75-15)...

$209.67 for the wheels (already had the tires) mounted, balanced and with center caps (not on, there had to get 'em in).

Decided to just use the lug bolts...I had it all apart, had new hubs, wrong size and no one had them readily available, so I cleaned, re-greased and will use for the season. They hubs/bearings and seals were in really good shape!

Marc Peternell

Petty Officer 3rd Class

You have done a very nice job with the entire boat and trailer. It all looks really nice. I'm sure you are going to have a great time on it this summer!

further

Lieutenant Junior Grade

Lookin good bud! Did you get the motor/throttle issues worked out?

pckeen

Commander

That's great work - mechanical, interior - all done well within a year - looks like new from the photos.

Brian 26

Chief Petty Officer

Just read the entire thread, great work bringing that boat back from the dead. I love a good barn find, restoration story.

Clutchdragon

Recruit
Just found this thread and loved reading it! I just purchased a 94 concept 197 with trailer for 400.00. Boat is immaculate . No water stains on hull. Interior carpet and vinyl has no holes or even blemishes to speak of...cleaned vinyl up with baking soda and water back to bright! Buffing oxidation off this weekend .
Engine was improperly winterized and would start but not stay running per previous owner. OMC cobra 5.0 . Pulled plugs (what's that short plug number again people... Wth? Found water in right rear cylinders. Here's where the story differs. I'm just not at all mechanically inclined for this type of repairs so it's off to a boat mechanic...shop at his house...honest guy.
Anyway thanks for your story and motivation! Congratulations and when I fly my flag I'll post a few pics!

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    27.5 KB · Views: 0
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    33.5 KB · Views: 0
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    31.2 KB · Views: 0

smokeonthewater

Fleet Admiral
Welcome to iboats... please familiarize yourself with the rules... Pleas do not respond to threads that are dormant for over 90 days