Boating the Upper Chesapeake

arks

Lieutenant Commander
Re: Boating the Upper Chesapeake

that sounds like an idea

Yeah, I'll bet you'd like that!! Day-trading a 16 footer for a 34.
Don't think my insurance agent would be crazy about that....

SuperNova-
Just goes to show that us men don't REALLY know what we want until we don't have it anymore.
My wife told me awhile back that our boats should always be named "Never Satisfied". She might be right!

bowman316

Lieutenant Commander

lol.
yea, and i don't even have insurance

Philster

Captain

Nice convo.

I would love a second and third boat. Since we are all wishing, I'd like to request something I can crab in...
:)

bowman316

Lieutenant Commander

how about i go crabbing in my boat, and we steam them on arks boat.

SuperNova

Lieutenant

Now THAT'S a freaking good plan!!!!! Bowman, you just went up quite a few notches in my book... I can even help out with all aspects of that one.....the catching and the eating, AND the cleaning up Winter's Dream afterwards......lol

SuperNova

Lieutenant

By the way guys....enjoy your brunch on Sunday. Wish I could be there, but I have to attend my twin Nieces' birthday party that day. So make sure you have one for me....of whatever you are having.....

Blue Crabber

Ensign

I am game for this plan too!! We enjoy crabbing and eating them. How much more fun would it be to eat them out on the water!!

By the way guys....enjoy your brunch on Sunday. Wish I could be there, but I have to attend my twin Nieces' birthday party that day. So make sure you have one for me....of whatever you are having.....

Sorry to hear that you won't be there Stan. Although I understand the importance of family. Still hoping to catch up with you sometime.

Heading to the chesapeake inn this weekend.....anyone else got spring fever?????

Spring fever indeed. Can't wait to get down to the bay on Sunday. Hope you have a great time at Chesapeake Inn this weekend.

SuperNova

Lieutenant

Heading to the chesapeake inn this weekend.....anyone else got spring fever?????
Who me? Noooo, I'm up for another six weeks of snow storms and 50 mph winds...(ducking rotten fruit).
Seriously, I am really ready for warm weather and boating. My boat doesn't come out of storage until 4/10, but I plan on being on the water by the end of April with any luck. I just can't seem to get clear of famly obligations...every weekend it's some kids birthday or the other it seems...

bowman316

Lieutenant Commander

i have had my boat out twice already, i even had it out once in jan in 35 degree weather.

i had it out yesterday, on the bush, and surfed behind the boat, and then went fishing. caught one white perch, up at the very head of the river. full of eggs

CaptainHook

Petty Officer 1st Class

Heading out in the Elk/North East area to drop a line this weekend. Anyone else??

skargo

Banned

Well just drove down to "my" ramp at Lapidum, they pushed back the opening till May 15th! I buy a season pass so that disappoints me, but we did have record setting snow, guess I'll be using Tydings ramp for a month or so.

Here's a pic, they are putting an aluminum dock in at the end of the wood section.

24106_10150159243680652_554955651_11414964_1929053_n.jpg

skargo

Banned

After driving all over Harford and Cecil county, finally found my thermostat and sleeve at Jackson Marine.

Started her up! She's mechanically ready to drop in the water. :cool: Today would have been superb!

Blue Crabber

Ensign

It was great to see everyone today! Glad you guys could all make it out and thanks again Arks for planning it.

Hope the next time I see you it is out on the water!

SuperNova

Lieutenant

Hey any of you locals feel like driving out 272 and taking a look at the Rogues Harbor ramp for me when you get a chance....I hear that one is under construction as well......supposed to take only 10 weeks....yeah right...

ezmobee

Supreme Mariner

It was great to see everyone today! Glad you guys could all make it out and thanks again Arks for planning it.

Hope the next time I see you it is out on the water!

Seconded :)

skargo

Banned

Hey any of you locals feel like driving out 272 and taking a look at the Rogues Harbor ramp for me when you get a chance....I hear that one is under construction as well......supposed to take only 10 weeks....yeah right...
I will take a cruise over there one day this week for you, and snap a few pics.

Thirded! It was great seeing you guys and meeting some new faces. We had a nice time with you all.

My laptop that I brought to show the pictures, yeah, it's dead! I just bought a new one. :rolleyes:

SuperNova

Lieutenant

Hey skargo, thanks.....by the way, in your avatar, what is the little runabout tied up next to you......no, not Arks boat.....the other side....

arks

Lieutenant Commander

Yeah, that was fun. Thanks to all that attended. For those that didn't....too bad for YOU! :D

Hey skargo, thanks.....by the way, in your avatar, what is the little runabout tied up next to you......no, not Arks boat.....the other side....

That's Bowman316's boat- a 16' Thompson w/ 70HP.