Boat Names

dlemmon

Cadet
Re: Boat Names

Previous boat was a 1964 Larson we called "Just Lucky"

New boat is a 2012 Starweld we call "Reel Dreams".

ol belly up

Cadet

1992 Wellcraft Eclipse 196. My brother and I have a saying when something breaks, we say it went Belly Up. The first time to the lake the battery was dead. The second trip the thermostat stuck closed. Both times I called him and told him she's belly up. So you guessed it, named the boat Ol' Belly Up.

eastont

Chief Petty Officer

The boat I bought in September is : "Run to Me"

Kinda lame to me, so I'm thinking of changing her name. My wife is dead set against it because the last time we changed the name on a boat we went through 6 props that summer....yikes. What should I do?

Lakeshadow

Petty Officer 1st Class

This is one hell of a superstition for sure. I would think if you just changed the name it may be offensive to forces that be? I would ponder changing enough things or adding to the craft to actually change it's personality, giving her a new identity. Thus a new name.

My boat is small and with an outboard hanging off the back I wonder where to put her name? So I'm thinking on the sides at the stern, going to look on you tube and other places for boat name locations.

Name change ceremony, I'll check that out too.

korygrandy

Senior Chief Petty Officer

My Uncle Sams Boat.
Airforce Two...if by sea.

I should really rename my boat to Outpatient or Rehab or Seahab...since I bought it right after I got out of rehab :joyous:

Given my bad habit of buying and selling boats and all things related, my latest purchase, a 17CC is called, Bad Habit

PL.jpg

Wind dog

Petty Officer 1st Class

My new ride will be "Lil Bone"
I call my 8year old girl "Hambone" I call my 7 year old son "Lil Man" so just combined them.

wrench 3

Commander

Our last boat came as the "B&B" so we changed it to "Sanway". Derived from our two kids, Sandy and Wayne. No bad luck followed.
We're currently running the "Sanway II".

jjacobs007

Lieutenant

these are cool names,,,, what about REEL SKILLS for my 18ft tinny center console mariner(starcraft rules)

Watermann

Starmada Splash of the Year 2014

I thought about having a logo of a dinner plate with a knife and fork crossed on it with the name "Carnivore". Just to tweak the C&R purists who wouldn't dream of harming a fish.

sheboyganjohn

Senior Chief Petty Officer

Recieved a 24' Sea Ray Weekender project in a deal. The wife liked it until she walked around the back and saw it was named "wet spot" so it will need a new name. She likes "shut up and bail" I am torn between "trailer cover" "fish feeder" Suppose I need to get the restore done bofore I worry about a name, besides I am sure I will come up with a few choice names for it while restoring.

jjacobs007

Lieutenant

if she gets mad during restore, tell her your gonna name it reel hooker lol

jimbo_jwc

Ship Happens

With a name as a Sea Rage brought out the best in wife
as I said it was a fishing boat . She called it a babe magnet I'm 54 years young and calling her a Sea Nage or a Sea Hage that is the Boat not her !

toycruiser

Cadet

I wanted to name 16' center console Hoof-arted. My wifey said no way so we are naming tropical pleasure

wango

Cadet

We call ours "Sanctuary Much" . I saw one I liked on Lake Erie called "Walleye Warrior"