Arkansas Get Together

The Rooster

Ensign
Re: Arkansas Get Together

Alright guys, not to be too presumptuous, but we've already booked a cabin for 8/10-8/12 at Brady Mt. The first mate was getting nervous about the lodging availability. Will be bringing the "Baby Rooster"- jet flea for any and all to use. Since "Coop" is too busy to call me back, I'm forced to air my ignorant questions here on an open forum. What the heck is a "Dry County", and do I need to be concerned about it. This is a foreign concept to us down here and we could use some guidance. Thanks !!!

joewithaboat

Lieutenant Junior Grade

Alright guys, not to be too presumptuous, but we've already booked a cabin for 8/10-8/12 at Brady Mt. The first mate was getting nervous about the lodging availability. Will be bringing the "Baby Rooster"- jet flea for any and all to use. Since "Coop" is too busy to call me back, I'm forced to air my ignorant questions here on an open forum. What the heck is a "Dry County", and do I need to be concerned about it. This is a foreign concept to us down here and we could use some guidance. Thanks !!!

I spent many summers as a Teen at Brady mtn. It had a different owner then. I have not been in years, but plan to visit soon. Island camping is the way to go on this lake! You will love Lake Ouachita.

"Dry county" LOL it means they dont sell Alcohol there! :eek:

lncoop

Vice Admiral

Man, I am SO sorry! I promised to call the other night then promptly forgot, at which point I told myself I would definitely call the next night.........., and well, you know how it goes. Any way, since you had to publicize your questions I'll publicize my apology:redface: and answer. As Joe said, dry county means no alkyhol, but Garland county is most definitely not dry. BTW, jet fleas are very popular on Ouachita. Many folks make it a point to circumnavigate the entire lake on one (not me though; sounds like too much work:p).

scoyt

Petty Officer 3rd Class

Whew! Safely back to page 1!! Woo hoo!

Piece715

Senior Chief Petty Officer

How's roll call looking in this place?! Had a successful splash sooo should be good to go!

lncoop

Vice Admiral

Well, I know the Rooster family is in. They're already booked. Still waiting to hear back from team Lori. My understanding is spdracr and his brood will be there. Don't think scoyt has committed, but since he has to drive all of twenty minutes I'm sure he'll grace us with his presence. Any way, he promised to bring me some pie from Shangri La. I forget the name of that hot blooded youngster who's looking for a go fast boat so he can pick up bikini chicks, but last I heard he's in. Guess I need to go back over the thread and take a census. Motor's all good then?

Piece715

Well, I know the Rooster family is in. They're already booked. Still waiting to hear back from team Lori. My understanding is spdracr and his brood will be there. Don't think scoyt has committed, but since he has to drive all of twenty minutes I'm sure he'll grace us with his presence. Any way, he promised to bring me some pie from Shangri La. I forget the name of that hot blooded youngster who's looking for a go fast boat so he can pick up bikini chicks, but last I heard he's in. Guess I need to go back over the thread and take a census. Motor's all good then?

Yep turned out to be the carbs like the masses suspected. One was just so gummed that when i performed the spark plug test it was so starved for fuel it would die causing me to believe it was only firing on one cylinder. The PSI was check and was 141-145. On the primer solenoid it was the red lever valve that was leaking... so that was replaced. The hot horn was tested and is working. It was ran and adjusted... well as best that u can do on muffs. Had an idle problem today's the end of the day Sunday... would die at idle... just thinking it was too low. Gonna adjust it this weekend and see if that fixes the problem before I haul her back to the shop for the mechanic to give another shot at adjusting her.

The splash went awesome other than that! Motor started right up and the boat didn't event take on a drop of water. Literally had to pour cups full of water into the bilge just to check that the pump was working. The only hiccup was on the way home. Pulled the boat out and took a pic of her, drove about a 1/4 mile down the road and we started hearing a horrible noise from the trailer, so i pulled over cuz we thought we were dragging something. Checked all the straps and did a walk around of the boat... all good. Got back in the truck moved another 20 ft while looking in my side mirror and the drivers side tire on the trailer is Wobbling like crazy... Dam near about to fall off! So over i go again get out and 3 or the 4 lugs had disappeared... GONE. Looked at the pics when i took the boat out the water all of them are there. Now im not blaming anyone but how do 3 of 4 lugs all fall off in the same quarter mile stretch at doing 40 mph. So jacked up the trailer... took one lug from the other side; so one side had 3 lugs and the other 2 and took it slow home.photo(1)resize.jpg

Swam out away from the boat with the phone for my avatar pic.... there are more pics in my thread

lncoop

Vice Admiral

Awesome. Congratulations on a great job. Can't wait to see her. That's pretty strange about the lug nuts, but stuff like that happens all the time believe it or not. Could have just been mischievous kids at the ramp. I wouldn't worry too much about it.

Piece715

Awesome. Congratulations on a great job. Can't wait to see her. That's pretty strange about the lug nuts, but stuff like that happens all the time believe it or not. Could have just been mischievous kids at the ramp. I wouldn't worry too much about it.

Nah not really worried as I'm switching to my better new to me trailer. But i do need to replace the missing lugs on the old trailer and having trouble locating some. The thing is that they aren't lug NUTS they are lug BOLTS. Its tapered to set into the wheel a little and they thread right into the hub. I can't find lug bolts anywhere so far.... know of any place locally? as was wanting to pick them up and not wait on an online order as I have a buyer for the current trailer already. Do you know if i can just thread a stud through the hub holes and start using lug nuts or are they completely different animals? I have no experience in this area

lncoop

Vice Admiral

I had that setup on a trailer once. Can't remember which; there've been so many.......Check with Liberty Trailer in NLR. They may have the bolts, but if they don't I bet they can answer your question about adding studs.

lncoop

Vice Admiral

Also, I bet if you start a thread in Trailers and Towing someone will have an answer. Definitely call Liberty though. They've been a great help to me.

Piece715

Also, I bet if you start a thread in Trailers and Towing someone will have an answer. Definitely call Liberty though. They've been a great help to me.

As always incoop Thanks! Always a source of knowledge! Just started a thread a minute ago

scoyt

Petty Officer 3rd Class

Well......it's still in the air if I am gonna be able to make it or not. Family vacation time just got pushed back more, thanks to Tropical Storm Debby. :( But if I am able to be there, I WILL be there.

BTW Incoop, no promises on the pies my friend!! :)

scoyt

Petty Officer 3rd Class

Nah not really worried as I'm switching to my better new to me trailer. But i do need to replace the missing lugs on the old trailer and having trouble locating some. The thing is that they aren't lug NUTS they are lug BOLTS. Its tapered to set into the wheel a little and they thread right into the hub. I can't find lug bolts anywhere so far.... know of any place locally? as was wanting to pick them up and not wait on an online order as I have a buyer for the current trailer already. Do you know if i can just thread a stud through the hub holes and start using lug nuts or are they completely different animals? I have no experience in this area

Try NAPA, they may have some, or might be able to get ya some.

smoedog

Petty Officer 1st Class

Check with a VW dealer. VW uses them stupid lug bolts.

But back to the get together, will anyone be camping out at an island?

scoyt

Petty Officer 3rd Class

I probably won't be camping, simply because I live fairly close. Sounds like this thing is really starting to gain some momentum! :)

ninjamatt

Seaman Apprentice

Hey all fellow Arkansans! well the 4th of July is this week and unfortunately neither of my 2 buddies with boats are getting out that day due to the heat. I would like to get out to either hot springs or greers ferry and thought I would have my own boat by now but it hasn't happened. If anyone is getting out and has room on their ride let me know. I would like to get to a sand bar or cove and have a couple beers meet a few new folk.