Arafat OFFICIALLY pronounced dead.....

ob

Admiral
Re: Arafat OFFICIALLY pronounced dead.....

Lighten up?I have emotions too.911 happened to all of us.Don't take it as a personal attack.You wrote your comment and I reponded.I just happened to disagree with your 'literary' comment and didn't see any smilies.Cheers.

LadyFish

Admiral

Well, I can fix the smile situation. <br /><br />Sorry if I tee'd tee'd in your Cheerios this morning. Truce?

ob

Admiral

Well ,suit yourself ,but don't do it on my account.Talk about thin skinned.I'll bow out of this one.

NYMINUTE

Captain

To all: The internal fighting within our country is what opened the doors for the terrorist attacks on 9-11. Binny and his dog-breath followers read and watched a country of lawsuit happy people, self serving politicians, and greedy CEO's and their subordinates focussing on more, more, more. Blindsided, battered and bruised this nation pulled together. But only briefly. Now here we are again at each others throats. My opinion is good-riddence Arafat. Somebody somewhere will disagree and spend a great deal of time and energy trying to change my opinion. That would be a colossal waste of their time. Moving to good news.

spratt

Lieutenant

That is two ugggggggggggly dudes...and so in love :)

LadyFish

Admiral

Originally posted by ob:<br />
While I can relate to the finality of his passing, public celebration of any death is not American or God fearing behavior and perpetuates divisiveness.Nor do we dance around dead soldiers of our adversaries on the battlefield.
Thinned skinned? You're right ob....I am.<br /><br />I did take offense to the above comments. To me you were saying I was neither a good American nor a good Christian for having those thoughts. That offends me.<br /><br />Don't open up a jar of worms if you don't wanna fish with them. ;) <br /><br />No hard feelings though, carry on. :)

ob

Admiral

Originally posted by LadyFish:<br />
While I can relate to the finality of his passing, public celebration of any death is not American or God fearing behavior and perpetuates divisiveness.Nor do we dance around dead soldiers of our adversaries on the battlefield.
Thinned skinned? You're right ob....I am.<br /><br />I did take offense to the above comments. To me you were saying I was neither a good American nor a good Christian for having those thoughts. That offends me.<br /><br />Don't open up a jar of worms if you don't wanna fish with them. ;) <br /><br />No hard feelings though, carry on. :)
Another quantum leap.Just to keep this in perspective,I was saying what I said.Not what you took it to be.Simply that dancing in the streets in celebration of his passing would be un-American , un-Godly ,and stooping to the level of our adversaries.That's all.Nothing more.Perhaps you tinkled in your own Cheerios this morning.I had steak and eggs.I harbor no hard feelings but to be quite frank,you befuddle me with your interpertation of my comments.

SpinnerBait_Nut

Honorary Moderator Emeritus

Originally posted by oddjob:<br /> Hemi-roid....
That's what I meant oj, just shortened it up some.<br />You know, family site and all. ;) :p

NYMINUTE

Captain

Saw a boat named "HELMROID" That rocks!

mikeandronda

Lieutenant Commander

My guess is the next palistinian leader will be more extreem...........I things are gonna much worse before they get better.<br /><br />Taken from the AP: <br /><br />By JAMAL HALABY, Associated Press Writer <br /><br />BAQAA, Jordan - Palestinian refugees took to the streets of the Arab world Thursday to mourn Yasser Arafat, firing shots into the air, burning American and Israeli flags, and shedding tears for the man who was the symbol of their struggle for statehood. In a Jordanian camp, barefoot boys brandished toy machine guns.

spratt

Lieutenant

Originally posted by mikeandronda:<br />...I things are gonna much worse before they get better.
You are more right than most folks know. Read the Bible!!! (and Iknow YOU do, M...<br /><br />Taken from the AP: <br /><br />
<br />By JAMAL HALABY, Associated Press Writer <br /><br />In a Jordanian camp, barefoot boys brandished toy machine guns.
I guess if ya train up a child in the way he should go, he will never depart from it!!!<br /><br />It just makes me glad I have already gone through the parenting process, and don't have to raise any children in this current atmosphere the world is in and getting into...I feel sorry for what our youth may have to face at our age...

mellowyellow

Vice Admiral

hopefully he'll get to feel all the pain he has<br />caused others for all time. rot in hell!

LadyFish

Admiral

Originally posted by LadyFish:<br />
Another quantum leap.Just to keep this in perspective,I was saying what I said.Not what you took it to be.Simply that dancing in the streets in celebration of his passing would be un-American , un-Godly ,and stooping to the level of our adversaries.That's all.Nothing more.Perhaps you tinkled in your own Cheerios this morning.I had steak and eggs.I harbor no hard feelings but to be quite frank,you befuddle me with your interpertation of my comments.
Well ob, you won't be the first to be 'befuddled' by me. ;) <br /><br />Out of respect for American patriots and I do consider myself one, and Christians who were angered then, and still angered at the outpouring of cheer celebrating the deaths of over 3,000 of our brothers and sisters on 9-11, I was offended by the generality of your Un-American and Un-Godly reference to my comment.<br /><br />For some of us....dancing in the streets may be the only way of demonstrating in a non-violent manner our distaste and disgust for terrorism and what its done to us.<br /><br />Wanna dance?

KennyKenCan

Commander

And, here now the news...<br /><br />Yassar Arafat is still dead!<br /><br />Details at 11

Stumpys

Petty Officer 1st Class

Originally posted by KKC:<br /> And, here now the news...<br /><br />Yassar Arafat is still dead!<br /><br />Details at 11
:D :D :D And he's still dead!!!!