Any Frank Zappa Fans?

KennyKenCan

Commander
Thread starter
Joined
Aug 26, 2002
Messages
2,501
Are there any Zappa fans here at iboats?<br /><br />Anyone think that Zappa was misunderstood?
 

rwise

Captain
Joined
Jul 5, 2001
Messages
3,205
Re: Any Frank Zappa Fans?

I have a lot of his work in my collection, and it gets played!<br />Richard<br />EDIT: there KKC I fixed the upside down "m"
 

KennyKenCan

Commander
Thread starter
Joined
Aug 26, 2002
Messages
2,501
Re: Any Frank Zappa Fans?

rwise,<br /><br />
I have a lot of his work in wy collection, and it gets played!<br />
My only question is, what the heck is a Wyoming collection? LoL :D <br /><br /> :D :) :cool: :D <br /><br />Sorry, I could'nt resist.
 

mellowyellow

Vice Admiral
Joined
Jun 8, 2002
Messages
5,327
Re: Any Frank Zappa Fans?

a face only a mother could love, but what lyrics!<br />
d65905l2d12.jpg
 

BrianFD

Senior Chief Petty Officer
Joined
Jul 30, 2003
Messages
748
Re: Any Frank Zappa Fans?

May get a lot of flack on this, but Frank Zappa was one of the most creative artists in our lifetime. Only had one 4-channel album of his, the one with Dynamo Hum (forget the dang name!). Creativity = 10. Musical arrangement = 10. Made me laugh = 10. Miss his genius...
 

ChrisMcLaughlin

Petty Officer 1st Class
Joined
Jan 22, 2004
Messages
387
Re: Any Frank Zappa Fans?

Hot Rats!!! I love that album although it was better when I was doing drugs!!!! :cool:
 

mellowyellow

Vice Admiral
Joined
Jun 8, 2002
Messages
5,327
Re: Any Frank Zappa Fans?

frank, alice and ozzie really paved the road for<br />lotsa current music trends IMO. like most folks<br />ahead of their time, un-appreciated and mis-understood...
 

pjc

Lieutenant Commander
Joined
Jun 29, 2003
Messages
1,856
Re: Any Frank Zappa Fans?

" watch out where the huskies go, don't you eat that yellow snow"........."poodle bites it, poodle chews it, come on frenchy".........
 

KennyKenCan

Commander
Thread starter
Joined
Aug 26, 2002
Messages
2,501
Re: Any Frank Zappa Fans?

These are the guy's who made Zappa great:<br /><br />Frank Zappa (lead guitar, vocals)<br />Warren Cucurullo (rhythm guitar, vocals)<br />Denny Walley (slide guitar, vocals)<br />Ike Wwillis (lead vocals)<br />Peter Wolf (keyboards)<br />Tommy Mars (keyboards)<br />Arthur Barrow (bass, vocals)<br />Ed Mann (percussion)<br />Vinnie Colaiuta (drums)<br />Jeff (tenor saxophone)<br />Marginal Chagrin (baritone saxophone)<br />Stumuk (bass saxophone)<br />Dale Bozzio (vocals)<br />Al Malkin (vocals)<br />Craig Steward (harmonica)
 

KennyKenCan

Commander
Thread starter
Joined
Aug 26, 2002
Messages
2,501
Re: Any Frank Zappa Fans?

Hey Pat Campbell,<br /><br />These lyrics are for you...<br /><br />In the dark<br />Where all the fevers grow<br />Under the water<br />Where the shark bubbles blow<br />In the mornin'<br />By yer radio<br />Do the walls close in t' suffocate ya<br />You ain't got no friends . . .<br />An' all the others: they hate ya<br />Does the life you been livin' gotta go, hmmm?<br />Well, lemme straighten you out<br />About a place I know . . .<br />(Get yer shoes 'n socks on people,<br />It's right aroun' the corner!)<br />Out through the night<br />An' the whispering breezes<br />To the place where they keep <br />The Imaginary Diseases,<br />Out through the night<br />An' the whispering breezes<br />To the place where they keep<br />The Imaginary Diseases, mmm . . .<br /><br />This has to be the disease for you<br />Now scientists call this disease<br />Bromidrosis<br />But us regular folks<br />Who might wear tennis shoes<br />Or an occasional python boot<br />Know this exquisite little inconvenience<br />By the name of:<br />STINK FOOT<br />Y'know, my python boot is too tight<br />I couldn't get it off last night<br />A week went by, an' now it's July<br />I finally got it off<br />An' my girl-friend cry<br />"You got STINK FOOT!<br />STINK FOOT, darlin'<br />Your STINK FOOT puts a hurt on my nose!<br />STINK FOOT! STINK FOOT! I ain't lyin',<br />Can you rinse it off, d'you suppose?"<br />Here Fido . . . Fido . . .<br />C'mere little puppy . . . bring the slippers<br />"Arf, arf, arf!" (crash-crumble-bump-bump-bump)<br />Heh heh heh . . . sick . . .<br /><br />Well then Fido got up off the floor an' he rolled over<br />An' he looked me straight in the eye<br />An' you know what he said?<br />Once upon a time<br />Somebody say to me<br />(This is a dog talkin' now)<br />What is your Conceptual Continuity?<br />Well, I told him right then<br />(Fido said)<br />It should be easy to see<br />The crux of the biscuit<br />Is the Apostrophe(')<br />Well, you know<br />The man who was talkin' to the dog<br />Looked at the dog an' he said: (sort of staring in desbelief)<br />"You can't say that!"<br />He said:<br />"IT DOESN'T, 'n YOU CAN'T!<br />I WON'T, 'n IT DON'T!<br />IT HASN'T, IT ISN'T, IT EVEN AIN'T<br />'N IT SHOULDN'T . . .<br />IT COULDN'T!"<br />He told me NO NO NO!<br />I told him YES YES YES!<br />I said: "I do it all the time . . .<br />Ain't this boogie a mess!"<br />THE POODLE BY-EE-ITES<br />THE POODLE CHEWS IT <br />THE POODLE BY-EE-ITES<br />THE POODLE CHEWS IT<br />THE POODLE BY-EE-ITES<br />THE POODLE CHEWS IT<br />THE POODLE BY-EE-ITES<br />THE POODLE CHEWS IT<br />(POO-DLE . . . )<br />THE POODLE BY-EE-ITES<br />( . . . BITES)<br />THE POODLE CHEWS IT<br />(POO-DLE . . . )<br />THE POODLE BY-EE-ITES<br />( . . . BITES)<br />THE POODLE CHEWS IT<br />(POO-DLE . . . )<br />THE POODLE BY-EE-ITES<br />( . . . BITES)<br />THE POODLE CHEWS IT<br />(POO-DLE . . . )<br />THE POODLE BY-EE-ITES<br />( . . . BITES)<br />THE POODLE CHEWS IT<br />THE POODLE BY-EE-ITES<br />THE POODLE CHEWS IT<br />THE POODLE BY-EE-ITES<br />THE POODLE CHEWS IT<br />THE POODLE BY-EE-ITES
 

SoulWinner

Commander
Joined
Apr 16, 2002
Messages
2,423
Re: Any Frank Zappa Fans?

Burnt Weenie Sandwhich<br /><br />Remember the Mothers of Invention? Great stuff to mix in with Pink Floyd ;) I don't have Frampton Live, but I DO have Joes Garage :)
 

ED21

Master Chief Petty Officer
Joined
Aug 26, 2003
Messages
829
Re: Any Frank Zappa Fans?

Didn't he even compose & I think conduct a symphany. A very creative guy even if a little bent.
 

Dave Abrahamson

Lieutenant
Joined
May 8, 2003
Messages
1,497
Re: Any Frank Zappa Fans?

Originally posted by BrianFD:<br /> the one with Dynamo Hum (forget the dang name..
I believe that one was Joes Garage.<br />The guy had a way with lyrics....thats for sure.<br /><br />Dave
 

KennyKenCan

Commander
Thread starter
Joined
Aug 26, 2002
Messages
2,501
Re: Any Frank Zappa Fans?

Dina-Moe Humm was first released on the album "Overnight Sensation" in 1973.<br /><br />Sure wish I could post the lyrics to that song here, but I'm sure the mods would POOF it!
 

BrianFD

Senior Chief Petty Officer
Joined
Jul 30, 2003
Messages
748
Re: Any Frank Zappa Fans?

That's it, KKC! Overnight Sensation... Sounded GREAT in 4-channel!<br />Dang, now I'll be singin' Dina-Moe Hum all stinkin' night!<br />("Couldn't say where she's comin' from, but I just met a lady named Dina-Moe Hum... She stroll on over say, "look here, bum, I gotta 40-dollar bill says you can't make me ...")
 

KennyKenCan

Commander
Thread starter
Joined
Aug 26, 2002
Messages
2,501
Re: Any Frank Zappa Fans?

SoulWinner,<br /><br />I cant beleive that you don't have Peter Frampton "Live"!<br /><br />Not having that album is like never hearing "Stairway To Heaven"!<br /><br />I think you need to get to a store and get a copy of Frampton...SOON!<br /><br />Not having Frampton is like a Rock & Roll Cardinal Sin! :D
 

KennyKenCan

Commander
Thread starter
Joined
Aug 26, 2002
Messages
2,501
Re: Any Frank Zappa Fans?

Hey BrianFD,<br /><br />Now that, that song is stuck in your head and you'll be singing it all night, see how many of your freinds know or remember that song.<br /><br />Been trying to get my local R&R FM station to play that song for the past couple of years, but they continually refuse.<br /><br />Even the overnight DJ's won't play it!<br /><br />Go Figure.
 

KennyKenCan

Commander
Thread starter
Joined
Aug 26, 2002
Messages
2,501
Re: Any Frank Zappa Fans?

Can anyone guess the name of Frank Zappa's first album and in what year?
 
Top