Any Frank Zappa Fans?

pjc

Lieutenant Commander
Re: Any Frank Zappa Fans?

thanks for the lyrics kkc. I did see frampton in concert and he did a bunch of tunes from his live album. And i got that album too. Was '76 or '77 in Madison WI. Did not then and will not now admit that anywhere but here as that was Fromptons reinvented chick tune stage. Also, anyone know what Frampton used to make the wawawa sound in "Do You Feel Like I do"??? Anyone here aware that Frompton was a member of Humble Pie? Stoner Rock back then. 30 Days In The Hole, one of the Pie hits. And Humble Pie performed at the first SummerFest shows in Milwaukee. <br /><br />I do digress, Zappa is one King, particularly due to the lyrical expertise.

eurolarva

Rear Admiral

My python boot is too tight<br />Couldnt get it off last night<br />A week went by<br />And now its July<br />And my girfriend cried <br />you got Stinkfoot.<br />YOur stinkfoot puts a hurt on my nose

snapperbait

Vice Admiral

Boomyal.. Last I saw of Moon Unit was on an episode of Celebriy Rock&Roll Jeopardy on VH1.. She did'nt do very well as I recall, but she was good for a laugh, for sure.. :D

KennyKenCan

Commander

Hey Pat Campbell,<br /><br />The effect that Peter Framton used on "Do You Feel Like I Do?" was a voice coil.<br /><br />This effect device, was essentially a WWII surplus throat microphone from a B-17 bomber.<br /><br />Over power the mic, and it distorts.<br /><br />Can be painfull to use, as overpowering the mic may give ya a shock.

KennyKenCan

Commander

Moon Unit was not Frank Zappa's only child.<br /><br />His son's name is Dwiesel Zappa!<br /><br />He has some sort of reality show on one of the cable networks.<br /><br />There is also another child, a boy, but I cannot remember his name.<br /><br />Yes, it's weird too.

andrewkafp

Lieutenant Commander

Dweezil is also a very accomplished guitar player.<br />Dare.. I say "Better than dad" :eek: :eek: <br />More technology around nowadays...<br />Ahmet is the other child.

bomar76

Lieutenant Commander

Originally posted by KKC:<br />Hey Pat Campbell,<br /><br />The effect that Peter Framton used on "Do You Feel Like I Do?" was a voice coil.<br /><br />This effect device, was essentially a WWII surplus throat microphone from a B-17 bomber.<br /><br />Over power the mic, and it distorts.<br /><br />Can be painfull to use, as overpowering the mic may give ya a shock.
Total BS..<br /><br />It's a simple "Talk Box" <br />This is a guitar and amp driving a midrange horn driver with a tube attached to the diaphram instead of a horn shaped sound output fixture. The open end of the tube is placed in your mouth and the guitar sounds are shaped by your mouth as if you were talking. Some commercial examples of this kind of talk box are: the Heil Talk Box, Electro Harmonix Golden Throat, the Banshee & a blast from the past, Kustom Electronics

KennyKenCan

Commander

bomar76,<br /><br />Check your facts before claiming something is BS!<br /><br />All the products you listed where derived from throat mics used by bomber pilots during WWII, which is what I stated!<br /><br />Next time you want to bash someone, GET YOUR FACTS STRAIGHT, before you make your claims!<br /><br />As far as I'm concerned, your full of BS!!