Aluminum v hull restoration, how-to's? Lmuss53's 171CC Sea Nymph Striper

Status
Not open for further replies.

lmuss53

Lieutenant Junior Grade
Re: Aluminum v hull restoration, how-to's? Lmuss53's 171CC Sea Nymph Striper

I scored 18 pool noodles at a CVS this evening for $.75 each.
The Guy said if he has any more he'll have them out tomorrow.

cm
20 check your pm's .

jasoutside

Supreme Mariner

Great price on noodles there!

Beware, there are noodles haters that lurk. They may jump out any moment and haze you man, so watch out!

kjdunne

Petty Officer 1st Class

You may find you like the CC layout after a few trips, however, it's your boat, rig it to your liking. Sorry purists, I'm a "form follows function" guy, and feel that unless it's a show circuit boat it should suit the owner's needs / likes. The tinnies are the best for configuring in any style without major reconstruction! Have fun with it Imuss, post pics as you progress.

LonLB

Petty Officer 1st Class

The tinnies are the best for configuring in any style without major reconstruction! Have fun with it Imuss, post pics as you progress.

That is some truth. These boats are a blank canvas. Configure it how you want. And best of all, aside from MAJOR damage like an accident while being towed, they are lifetime boats.

cm20

Cadet

all the unusable space in my boat is full of noodles...dont see anything wrong with them

View attachment 115478

lmuss53

Lieutenant Junior Grade

Just a little update, we are still using the boat as a CC, but more inclined to go with single side console after getting a couple more trips out in it like this. I took my younger brother out last Saturday and after about an hour of dodging the console and each other he said "I see what you mean, this console is just too big for this little boat." It has been suggested that I eliminate the flip flop seat and move the CC forward a foot or so, to give me more space, which I will consider.

I am going to do about 2 or 3 more trips and then she goes into my old storage garage for the rebuild. Younger bro and nephew spent a rainy Saturday with me gettin that straightened out and ready for the boat, Thanks Fellas.

ezmobee

Supreme Mariner

Nothing like using a boat to let you know what you do and do not like. I found out this past weekend (on your wonderful lake) that I desperately need some rod holders!

bonz_d

Vice Admiral

Nothing like using a boat to let you know what you do and do not like.!

Isn't that the truth! Kinda like a second marrage. Some get it right the first time, some don't. Some get 2' itis!

ezmobee

Supreme Mariner

Isn't that the truth! Kinda like a second marrage. Some get it right the first time, some don't. Some get 2' itis!

For sure. I found out right quick my closed bow 16' wasn't for me. Total waste of precious space.

Teamster

Lieutenant Commander

If yous really want room to move around you could always put a tiller handle on the motor and eliminate a counsel all together,......

lmuss53

Lieutenant Junior Grade

Wow a tiller, I hadn't thought of that. I could be all like Al Linder pulling big 'Eyes out of any lake he backs the boat into right?

jigngrub

Fleet Admiral

Tillers are like trying to steer your car or truck from the back bumper... it ain't a workin' too good!

Teamster

Lieutenant Commander

Tillers are like trying to steer your car or truck from the back bumper... it ain't a workin' too good!

Thousands of mid-west walleye anglers would say you are wrong about that,...........

The best boat control to be found is with a tiller,.......

When you are fishing it is common to "back-troll",...Then you are steering from the front while you are in the rear,.......

Teamster

Lieutenant Commander

Wow a tiller, I hadn't thought of that. I could be all like Al Linder pulling big 'Eyes out of any lake he backs the boat into right?

Al and Ron are both great guys,....If you ever get a chance to see them speak, go.......

In the modern world of walleye tillers Pete "Mr. tiller" Harsh and Ron Sellhoff are the main tiller guys anymore,.....

lmuss53

Lieutenant Junior Grade

I respect the tiller guys and their point of view, but I am pretty sure this boat will end up looking a lot like the Starcraft in the pic above. One of these resto threads has a tinny with the bottom half left in the brushed aluminum, can someone remind me which one it is? I am thinking bare aluminum on the bottom, Navy blue up the sides and gray on the inside. The seats I have are from a blue boat, but the console cap I'm looking at is beige, I will probably have to paint or dye that.

jasoutside

Supreme Mariner

One of these resto threads has a tinny with the bottom half left in the brushed aluminum, can someone remind me which one it is?

This one?

P1060908-2.jpg

Starman8

Chief Petty Officer

If the fishing water is skinny(no huge waves), then an SC would be nice like a LUND Pro V style, or the Star in the picture you posted.

Close off the back wall(removable if needed for service), build an aft deck, build the bow deck, get a SC from some part-out boat or fab one, shift to starboard the one you have. If you want the Centric style seats at a great price, just Goog VEADA, you choose the color scheme, they are the same as the expensive ones because they supply the MFG's.

Attachments

• mocksn1111.jpg
    mocksn1111.jpg
    10.2 KB · Views: 0

lmuss53

Lieutenant Junior Grade

Jasoutside that's the one please tell me where to see more of it, I want to do the bottom of mine like that. I have a can of Sharkhide I won at a pontoon boat get together here at Raystown a year or so ago. I hope that is the ticket to keeping it shining like that.

Starman, thanks for the tip, but I have the seats already, I will pull the helm seat out of my pontoon for this boat, and I have 2 matching fishing seats from the 'toon I don't use. I will refinish and recover the flip flop seat from the CC for the pontoon helm. I also have a line on a new, unused console from a 2006 Lowe FM165 so I have a pretty good idea of what I will use on the interior.

I am leaning toward one livewell in the rear portside with a pretty extensive modification of the splashwell and rear deck, to go from the big water setup it has now to a smaller splashwell with a rear deck like the Lowe FM machines from 2011, or the above mentioned Lund. A short extension of the stock front deck with TM batteries in the bow, and rod storage under the gunwales. I'll either buy or build hatches for dry storage in the unused areas in the bow and stern decks. The only thing still wide open is vinyl vs. carpet, and the type of product for on and under the gunwales.

Thanks for the replies so far and I am wide open for suggestions fellas, that's why I'm posting all this before I get started.

lmuss53

Lieutenant Junior Grade

Thanks jas, I figured out where it came from last night and read a bunch of it. I'm up to the kittywampus page now, and will read more later.

Starman, now that I am actually looking at your picture on the 'pooter instead of my phone I see it is my picture. What is the software you are using to edit that pic, or is that just the photo editor? I'd like to take a better interior picture and use it to play with the layout some.

Status
Not open for further replies.