81 Glastron SX-190 Transom and Engine- PICS Galore Update 11-8

clockwatcher

Petty Officer 1st Class
Re: 81 Glastron SX-190 Transom and Engine- PICS Galore Update 11-8

Those scuppers are a great idea with wet kids jumping in and out.

Your motor/drive appear to be aligned well.

I usually snug up the pump housing bolts just enough to not deform or crack the plastic housing. You could locktite them too. If I need to turn it to line up the splines into the upper housing, I turn it from the prop shaft. Did you rub dish soap on the impeller? That helps it turn.

You may know this already, but make sure it stays in forward gear by holding the prop shaft when you stab it into the upper housing. Also make sure it shifts easily (without the engine running) into forward, neutral and reverse before you pump in your drive oil. Otherwise you will be draining it and buying more. If it binds, don't force it or you will damage the shift cable. And don't forget the round rubber washer that seals the oil passage between the lower and upper unit. Sorry, I not trying to sound like a mother, it's just that I've been there, done that, bought the tee shirt.

Mid to upper 70's next week. Do you think we will get to see it splash?

Friscoboater

Captain

Thanks alot for the input. I really needed that, and I need a mother sometimes. I am going to back the WP bolts off and just snug them up and see what happens.

As far as splashing I am not sure it will be this weekend, but next for sure. I have alot of little loose ends to tie up.

fat fanny

Lieutenant Commander

Frisco you and yours will deserve that splash you have done a fantastic job and I have enjoyed every post of it but take your time on the loose ends as I know you will. You know what sucks? RAIN, SNOW and a garage that my boat doen't fit in.

Friscoboater

Captain

Thanks Fatfanny. I got a little more done today, and i shot some pictures and a new video. I will post it later.

I actually fired the engine in the boat today!!!! Just for a short minute though.

My oil pressure gauge was showing 80psi. Is that bad?

fat fanny

Lieutenant Commander

I personally wouldn't complain about 80 psi but the tell tail will be when it's at operating temp! Waiting on the vid.
And a question for the expert I just bought a Toshiba 47zv650u LCD high definition tv is there always a hastle getting the sat company to convert you to HD from basic service (dish network) with out all the additional costs and is there a total rewire involved and if so what? ( so they don't play me) as most of them around here anyway are sub contractors. I hope you don't mind me asking on your thread.
Thanx in advance Rick

Friscoboater

Captain

You should not have to change any wire over at all. They will need to change out the dish and your receiver though. That is it. What are they trying to tell you?

Also depending on where you live, you can get an over the air antenna for you HD locals.

archbuilder

Vice Admiral

Looking good Frisco, sounds like you got the rain we were supposed to get! Can't wait to see her in the water!

Friscoboater

Captain

Me too Arch... Me too.

No one in town has a 32-58432A 2 for my trim pump. That is the only thing needed to get me on the water. It is the Plastic trim tune from the reverse lockout to the trim pump. I was bleeding the lines today and got a nasty suprise.

Little Video.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4I1W0xmzSrY

009.jpg

005.jpg

004.jpg

003.jpg

fat fanny

Lieutenant Commander

Vid was great Like the battery tray. Dish hasn't feed me any bs yet but I like to get my facts before requesting anything. Thanx for the info though.

ezmobee

Supreme Mariner

Got a link to that battery tray? I want one.

archbuilder

Vice Admiral

Looks really good Frisco, I like that bat tray too....I have two but they are both junk. This warm weather really has me motivated to get mine finished up!

MTribe08

Senior Chief Petty Officer

Jay, the boat is really looking sweet. Good luck on the water test, I'm sure it will go great! What are you planning for the deck? no carpet, snap in, glue in?? Sorry if I missed that part and you already spoke about it.

Friscoboater

Captain

It has duraback down for now. I might do some snap in soon.

BobsGlasstream

Commander

friscoboater,
Nice Video,
If you don't mine, what did you use to glue your bilge pump down with?
One thing, we found out on adjusting the engine was we were making to big of adjustments. Started making smaller and smaller adjustments and it worked out better.
Nice Job man.
Bob

Friscoboater

Captain

I used some PL glue. I hope it holds. I think that is my problem bob, is I am making to large of adjustments. I am going to go smaller and see what happens.

Mountain_Man

Petty Officer 2nd Class

Jay,

Looling really good. Very neat and clean.

On the foam, mine had some foam just like you're talking about either poured or sprayed into a hole. Must have been thick because it didn't spread very well.

DSC04904.jpg

fat fanny

Lieutenant Commander

Frisco believe me when I tell you that getting the alignment dead on will take time tiny adjustments @ a time. I'm becoming a machinist and I have foud fixturing is one of the hardest parts sometimes movint the pc .001 @ a time when you need .005 it will jump .010 being patient is the key. Best analogy I can give any way hope it helps.

Friscoboater

Captain

Mitch

That looks like they sprayed great foam into that box.

Friscoboater

Captain

I did not get much done today. We had a charity fund raiser that we had to attend today and the wind here is just insane. Sustained winds at 28 gusts to 45. It is no fun when it is that windy. I think I found some trim hose that will work from napa.