77 Starcraft Holiday 18 i/o - rebuild with pics galore

sprintst

Commander
Re: 77 Starcraft Holiday 18 i/o - rebuild with pics galore

Full of ideas today. Check out the vertically mounted transom board. Bolted way above water line and 5200'd on the lower. Should solve the transom holes below waterline problem.

Attachments

• transducer board (Medium).jpg
    transducer board (Medium).jpg
    49.3 KB · Views: 2

nowback

Petty Officer 3rd Class

years ago when i got my bayliner 2050 i didnt want to drill holes for the
fishfinder so i glued the transducer to the hull with jb weld under the engine
in the bilge. seemed to work fine.
a friend i know glued a short bit of 3 inch drain pipe to the hull and filled
it with water and just attached the transducer inside the pipe as long as there
was water in the pipe the fish finder worked fine. I asked why he didnt just glue
it to the hull and his reply was he wanted to be able to remove the transducer
with out damaging it.

sprintst

Commander

Got the speaker holes cut in the gunwale supports and the rear seat support in front of the motor. I'll post pics once my balackbeery stops acting weird.

I also ordered some odds and end as well as a fuel water separator.

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=350146551586&viewitem=&sspagename=STRK%3AMEWNX%3AIT

Stainless Steel Head
Marine Fuel / Water Separator Filter Kit

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Easy to install
Includes 10 micron filter, stainless steel head bracket, 2 brass plug offs and 2 brass adapters
For all 2 and 4 cycle gasoline engines
Prevents water, rust, debris and more from getting into your engine's fuel system and ruining the day
Stainless steel head bracket has 3/8" NPT female ports for hose barb fittings
Included brass adapters reduce 2 of the 3/8" NPT female ports to 1/4" NPT female ports if needed
Hose barb fittings not included

Attachments

• 835a_12 (Medium).jpg
    835a_12 (Medium).jpg
    35.1 KB · Views: 0

BobsGlasstream

Commander

sprintst,
Looks like you are really making some good progress even with the weather.
The boat is really looking good.
Take care.
Bob

Triton II

Commander

Coming along now Sprinter! That transom bracket on the Lund looks like a great idea - similar idea to the welded on bracket on my transom.

TABStransducer.jpg

TII

PS: Here's another water pic - just to make you feel good!

Tanga1.jpg

HopeSheFloats

Lieutenant Commander

Wow, you've done a lot since I last peeked in...luv the seats, gauges, bracket etc...way to kick arse and git r done ;)....nice work!

sprintst

Commander

Man I have really got to get down there. Let me know the locations of some of those pics so I can twist the wife's arm to head down there.

Those pics are much nicer than Cold Lake :) They are spectacular in fact...

Coming along now Sprinter! That transom bracket on the Lund looks like a great idea - similar idea to the welded on bracket on my transom.

TABStransducer.jpg

TII

PS: Here's another water pic - just to make you feel good!

Tanga1.jpg

sprintst

Commander

I'm trying but the weather is getting in my way. Hopefully the week after the deck will be Durabak'd and I can get the wiring done.

I may just drive it wife my ratty old lounge seat in the meantime until the upholstery is done. If I can get a good day or two of weather I just may take it out and run it for a bit to see how she does.

Wow, you've done a lot since I last peeked in...luv the seats, gauges, bracket etc...way to kick arse and git r done ;)....nice work!

Triton II

Commander

Man I have really got to get down there. Let me know the locations of some of those pics so I can twist the wife's arm to head down there.

Those pics are much nicer than Cold Lake :) They are spectacular in fact...

They're pics taken at Tangalooma, which is about 25 km north-east by boat of where I live. Have a look at this site...

www.tangalooma.com

In the mean time, this is my son Alex swimming there... yep, that really is the ocean!
Tanga3.jpg

sprintst

Commander

Man that look amazing. We may make it there yet. I can't take my boat though unless I can refuel with a tanker or something :)

My led strip lights came. I'll probably wire them in tomorrow with any luck. Got the air cleaner today so that's ready to go.

Tomorrow is another coat of epoxy on the rear part of the deck and epoxy the seat bases so that they are ready to drop off for upholstery next week. I also gave the gunwale supports another coat of epoxy as well due to the speaker cut outs.

I also picked up the following along with a Stratus 5 Sirius satellite car kit for the boat and Yukon.

Speedometer Pitot Tubing for Boats - 20'
$8.18
3" Vent Hose for Bilge Blowers - 10'
$10.19
Stainless Head Fuel / Water Separator Filter Kit
$67.89
Fuel Hose Barb Fittings - 3/8" NPT x 3/8" Hose Barb
$8.09 2 $16.18
3/8" ID x 10' Long Type "A" Fuel Hose
$31.99

BobsGlasstream

Commander

Hey sprintst,
Nice shopping list.
I don't even want to thank about mine right now. Ouch !!!
Those things should keep you busy for a few days.
I think Triton II is just rubbing it in. LOL :D Just kidding. That water does look inviting.
Take care
Bob

sprintst

Commander

Cool.

You picked up on the sprintst handle. She was a 1999 Triumph Sprint ST 955 that I just sold last winter. Tons of power to keep up with the fastest bikes out there yet could tour for 16 hours a day no problem. It was an amazing bike and would highly recommend them to anyone looking for a great sport touring bike.

The parts haven't even come yet and I bought my Stoltz rollers, end caps and Hummingbird 788CI combo as well.

Now I really have to work to pay for all this stuff.

Triton II

Commander

You picked up on the sprintst handle.

The parts haven't even come yet and I bought my Stoltz rollers, end caps and Hummingbird 788CI combo as well.

Now I really have to work to pay for all this stuff.

Yeah, the modern Triumphs are great, however despite the oil leaks, bad electrics etc, I prefer the older Triumphs. I have a basket case 1959 Manx Norton chassis with a 1971 Triumph-Weslake 686cc 8-valve twin motor in it hence the Triton handle. One day I'll get the time to do her up, but the boat gets in the way!

Working out how to hide the parts expenditure from the Missus is my biggest problem! :D

TII

sprintst

Commander

That's a seriously cool bike you have there. Let me know when you start work on that one too.

Luckily I can work some ot to offset the money pit.

Yeah, the modern Triumphs are great, however despite the oil leaks, bad electrics etc, I prefer the older Triumphs. I have a basket case 1959 Manx Norton chassis with a 1971 Triumph-Weslake 686cc 8-valve twin motor in it hence the Triton handle. One day I'll get the time to do her up, but the boat gets in the way!

Working out how to hide the parts expenditure from the Missus is my biggest problem! :D

TII

sprintst

Commander

More progress with pics tomorrow.

Added the Perko Stealth Led to the boat with some 4200. Used 1/8 drill bit for the #8 pan head screws it came with.

Added 2 Street Force waterproof Ultimate Leds to the bow. The lights will have 180 degree dispersion and are as bright as he** Used a 1/4 drill bit then 1/2 to create the hole for the wiring to pass through with a rubber grommet. 1/8 drill bit for the screws it came with sealed with 4200 as well. The lights will be my docking lights as well as lighting up the trailer if I have to work on anything on the road.

Bought a Ezacdc wiring harness with quick connects as well as panel rewiring kit with fuse block, etc I know I could have wired it myself but the component prices are so expensive here that it was the fastest way to get it done with the quick connects that I like.

http://www.ezacdc.com/scripts/prodview.asp?idproduct=34

http://www.ezacdc.com/Scripts/prodView.asp?idproduct=137

4200'd in the bilge pump through hull in as well. Tomorrow the gas tank vent, filler, etc will go in as well.

Sun is finally shining here.

sprintst

Commander

The seat boxes got a coat of epoxy and the seats are reassembled. The rear deck epoxying also turned out well after the epoxy peanut butter fill of the butt joint between the last two sheets.

The gas tank hardware got 4200'd into place with gaskets, etc. The Perko cleats on the bow are also bolted into place.

It's starting to take shape. I washed her and gave her a wax job with some spray on and wipe off wax. It didn't leave any streaks.

I'll pick a night with decent weather forecasts and light up the bow nav light and the dock lights and take some pics.

It will be eye candy and temporarily halt progress but it will make me feel like I did something as I have a beer.

CheapboatKev

Vice Admiral

Been awhile since I popped in..

Chugging along I see! Love the bike talk too! lol
When I was 16 or so, a guy down the street was selling a MINT Norton Commando, 500 bucks and couldnt beg, scream or sweet talk my parents into it...
Also had a shot at a Aerial Square 4 and a Old 650 Truimp Bonnie, that was 400 bucks and they would have taken payments..grrrrrrrr

Had to settle for a 79 Sporty on my 19th Bday..

sprintst

Commander

Glad you survived your bike days. :) I've done stupid things at 235 km/hr so I'm not sure I'd let my boys near one. I'd let them race them on a track but I can't trust anyone on the roads so that's why I drive a Yukon. :)

I wouldn't mind doing up an older bike but I think I'm going to try boats for a while :)

I might restore an older Bronco or something to be my fun/tow vehicle.

Been awhile since I popped in..

Chugging along I see! Love the bike talk too! lol
When I was 16 or so, a guy down the street was selling a MINT Norton Commando, 500 bucks and couldnt beg, scream or sweet talk my parents into it...
Also had a shot at a Aerial Square 4 and a Old 650 Truimp Bonnie, that was 400 bucks and they would have taken payments..grrrrrrrr

Had to settle for a 79 Sporty on my 19th Bday..

nowback

Petty Officer 3rd Class

235 km/hr thats not fast, I have a car that just going into over drive
at that speed :D lol
But I have never done this on a public road;)
matt